Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Cassius Styx managed to finally figure out who wrote that note, and it took even longer for him to process that the person responsible was absolutely not Gregory Friend. The feeling of being an absolute dink really hit him because he punished someone who was innocent of the whole thing. He was too angry to even believe it at the time. So, Cass decided that he needed to be the bigger person, and apologize. Man, that would be hard for him to do. Admit that he was wrong. Cass let out a sigh, dressed in his normal Slytherin robes, and set out to find the one that likely never wanted to see his face. He just had to do it in a way where Gregory wouldn't flee at the first sight of him. So, Cass chose lunchtime. There were professors and prefects around, so he wouldn't pull anything there. Cass walked along the Hufflepuff table, and plopped himself down next to the lad who's life that he made a living hell for no reason this year. "Last person you want to talk to, but I have something to say." Cass did not even mean to sound antagonistic, but his tone was not something he could control. And it did. It sounded like he was angry. In a way, he was. But this time, the target wasn't the boy with glasses. It was someone even he didn't want to mess with.

Gregory was trying his best to just mind his own business, not bothering anyone and trying his best to keep out of the way. It was breakfast and he was slowly eating his food, thinking about the upcoming break and his arguments for not having to come back. But it was as he was sat there that the very person who was one of the primary reasons for him not wanting to come back to the school sat down next to him. he immediately stilled. He was worried what this might lead to but there were so many other people around, surely Cassius wouldn't do anything. "Okay?" he asked with a nervous tone.​

Cass knew that this would be hard for him, but even seeing Gregory become nervous next to him was a bit empowering, though not for the right reasons, really. He clasped his hands together and stared at them. "Look, the start of the year when I got mad about that note... That's why I sent you that rose. I can hold a grudge for a long time but it was unwarranted. I overreacted." Cass doubted that Gregory would even understand how hard it was for him to admit that he had done something wrong. Someone whose pride could be measured by feats of lions. This was really hard for him to word it after practicing it for hours. "What I'm trying to say is I'm sorry. You didn't write that note, thus you didn't deserve how I treated you this year. Terror wrote the note to make me mad and you fell victim to both of us." Cass decided to add, "I don't expect forgiveness. Believe me or not, but me sitting here and even talking to you about my wrongdoings has cleared my conscience."

Gregory frowned as Cassius started. He wasn't sure what to make of any of it, or even whether to believe it. He didn't excuse himself for how he'd treated him in the year prior, just this year, and of course it was Terror, worse that Cassius in many ways. The hufflepuff didn't know what to do. His instinct to get out of this and move on was to just accept the apology and give forgiveness, but his year had been hell. However Gregory knew that he wasn't exactly going to get anything from hold this over Cassius' head and likely all it would do was anger him anew. "I accept your apology and I forgive you," he said, his tone uncertain but trying to put some force into them.

Cassius expected silence. Yelling. Maybe even tearing up. Walking away. Anything but accepting his apology and forgiveness. Why did he feel nauseous and sick from that? This was weird, even for him. Cass rubbed his forehead and stood up since he didn't want to stick around here for long. Being seen with Gregory for long could mean that he either wanted to be friends with him, or he was going to do something bad to him. Cass wanted none of either. "Don't forgive people so easily. You don't want to be walked on for the rest of your life, Friend." Cassius shrugged his shoulders as he stood up from the bench, and left the Hufflepuff. He really hated the boy and how kind he was. He was a huge target, and a doormat. If Cassius stuck around longer, he might even talk more about school and such. He had to nip that in the bud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back