OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Daintree had been thinking about it for a while, a lot of the kids his brother hung out with had these things he’d come to know as pre-parties, a party before the actual party. It wasn’t something he’d noted Hogwarts Students doing but again they had balls, dances and feasts, not parties. But Daintree had decided that it would be a good way to mingle with others, a good way for everyone to get to know each other if they had a bit of a pre-party before the yuleball. Dain was dressed in his suit for the yuleball celebrations and had cornered off the whole of the student lounge for this purpose. They would have their party in this room. He had gotten the elves to get a few drinks and a few snacks, the magical radio was playing a popular music station with much more modern music that at the ball itself, and Daintree had sent a note to everyone in his year. Third year pre-party, all welcome, no fighting, different year counter parts must get permission. He knew that his year group had a slight problem, that being the Eric Holland of it all. He knew Sully and Noel didn’t like him, he knew that Eric didn’t like them, but he had still extended an invite to the gryffindor because though he didn’t particularly like the boy, he would rather include him. That and he knew it wasn’t always entirely the gryffindor’s fault. Daintree was hopeful that people would come along to the party. Hopeful that they would take the time for it. Having a party that no one came to would be as depressing as not having one at all.
OOCOut of Character:
This is a pre-party for thirds year set before the yuleball. All third years welcome! Those with dates who aren't in third year, just shoot me a PM and we can discuss it.

Tres had expected nothing less for Simon to reject her as her Yule Ball date, and no matter what anyone said, she was actually quite glad. While on the one hand it would have looked very good for her to be able to enter the room with the most important boy in the school, she knew deep down she wasn't ready to be the centre of attention of the school's eyes, and that she needed to make sure she had a solid foundation in her own group of friends and classmates first of all. In an effort to prove herself, she'd already spent a few hours perfecting her make up and dressing in a beautiful light pink dress, before heading toward the student lounge. She'd heard Daintree mention he was hosting a party for their year before the Yule Ball, and she figured it was a good place to start. She knew a number of people in her class and without the added pressure of the older students, Tres had high hopes that over time she would gradually be able to work her way up. Entering the room, she realised she was one of the first. Perfect. That meant that anyone else who joined would see that she'd managed to beat them to it. "Daintree!" She called out with a smile, closing the gap between her and her housemate and giving him a light shoulder hug. She didn't know the boy all too well but he'd seemed up for getting his face painted at Halloween. "This is going to be amazing, it's just what we need." she said, eyes bright as she hoped that getting the third years together would mean they had a stronger bond, and more fun, before they headed on to the big event. "It is just third years, isn't it?" she asked, double checking she wasn't going to have any trouble with awkward run in's with people like Tyler, who no doubt would ruin whatever reputation she had going for her in front of her peers.

Adorah was surprised to receive an invitation to a "pre-party," whatever that was. She wasn't friends with a tons of students in her year, but she thought that even if just Samantha showed up, she'd have a good time. She wasn't dressed in her party dress for the ball yet, but she was still wearing a nice jumpsuit with her hair and make-up done up. She walked into the student lounge and realized she wasn't friends with the individuals already there. She grabbed her arm across her body and slowly made her way from the entrance towards and empty spot in the room. She recognized the other third years from classes but didn't really know them.

@Samantha Jacobs

Daintree had been worried no one would come, and was quite relieved when the first person did turn up. It was just Tres, but that didn’t really bother him much. Dain just looked the girl over as she approached him. ”Tres,” he greeted back, forcing a friendly smile on to his features. He didn’t dislike her, Tres was quite nice. It helped too that she was pretty and she worked with the clothing brand which had been set up recently. That meant something he was sure. He let her give a light shoulder hug and smiled a little, ”I hope so too,” he told her, almost admitting his nervousness at no one coming. He had been keen to send an invite to all of the third years, including all of those who’d had problems with other third years. He’d hardly win any favours if he didn’t include everyone in what he did. He needed to be sure if he was looking to win popularity it needed to be from all people. ”I’ve said that if people want to bring partners from other years they need to speak to me first, but yeah, really it should only be third years,” he told her. He wondered why she would care that much about how it was, but he figured much like him, trying to win the favour of multiple years was more tricky than just the one. ”You look nice Tres, is that an EVELYN dress?” the boy asked her. ”Do you have a date for tonight’s festivities?” he asked. He was almost curious about it, he’d been thinking that the social status of a girlfriend or a boyfriend, and if Tres didn’t have anyone to go with it might be beneficial to her as well as him, for him to ask her out.

Tres nodded as Daintree told her that unless they'd spoken to him, it should be third years only. That meant certain people around the school that she most definitely did not want to bump into wouldn't be there. Probably. The smile on her face widened when he complimented her outfit, and the Slytherin did a little twirl to show her dress off. "It's not, but the shoes are," she added, skimming them across the carpet as though to draw attention to the black heels. It was actually quite hard to walk in them but she wasn't about to let that stop her from wearing a valuable piece of EVELYN wear. Someone else entered the room and Tres momentarily glanced over, but was quickly distracted by Daintree asking if she had a date. "No, I don't. Some of the younger girls dared me to ask out Simon Vanity, which, I did," she didn't want the boy to think she was too much of a coward to have even given it a go, "But, apparently he has a girlfriend." She didn't really care, he'd been quite nice about it all things considered, although the Head Boy's words rang in her mind. "Why?" she asked, noting that Daintree was both in her year, house, and on the Quidditch team.

If you asked Sydney, all this ball stuff was just a waste of time. It was all useless pageantry to make vapid people feel important for a night. Yule at her house usually passed without much fanfare, a stilted exchange of gifts that had clearly been purchased by assistants and a dinner that usually resulted in Sydney 'making a scene' and being quickly excused. But Daintree's little pre-party might at least prove interesting. At the very least, Sydney hoped she might be able to spot Samantha before she was no doubt lost to an insufferable evening with Ren again. She had no idea what Samantha saw in that idiot, but this might be Sydney's last chance to convince her that her time could be spent better elsewhere.

Looking around the room though she didn't spot Samantha yet and frowned. Daintree was here at least, but so was Tres. Sydney still hadn't ruled out Tres as being responsible for the treachery at the end of last year and all her roommates were still being treated with extreme prejudice and suspicion. Making her way over to survey the snack table, Sydney scoffed while Daintree and Tres exchanged dull pleasantries. "I would have hoped we'd be spared the dull social climbing till at least 4th year," She commented dryly to the girl standing nearby. At least she had the decency to look too awkward to bother with any small talk. @Adorah Zumwalt

Daintree looked down at her shoes and couldn’t help the half frown that crossed his features, those looked hard to walk in, they seemed like they would be painful shoes, but if that was what she wanted to wear then that was what she was was wearing. He couldn’t imagine she’d have that fun a night if her feet did get sore. He was very surprised that she had asked out the head boy. He didn’t want to laugh at her, but it seemed like both a crazy and laughable move. It was no surprise to him that she had been turned down. Dain didn’t know much about the older boy but he figured that he definitely would’ve said he had a partner, whether he had one or not. He then wondered if he was making a mistake, perhaps Tres had sight set higher than him, and him asking her to the ball was only going to be met with rejection, at least there weren’t that many people in the room yet, so he wouldn’t be embarrassed in front of too many, but as Sydney walked in, he knew it would leave a sour taste in his mouth throughout the celebration if he’d just been rejection, ”Well, I was wondering if perhaps you’d like to go with me? As my date to the ball?” he asked her, he couldn’t help the slightly nervous tone that filled his words. He wasn’t sure whether or not to add something about family wealth or about his own skills, but he hoped that they together, having spent time at Halloween and getting along then would help him now.

Minnie had been surprised to get an invitation to the pre-party, it had been almost a little exciting. She had held it lightly in her hands and thought about going. She’d been certain she’d go to the yuleball, but going to the party before hand, she hadn’t accounted for that in her schedule. The Ravenclaw, had however, in the end decided that she would go. The way both Emily and Eric had spoken about her stress, the way she knew she wanted to attend, the way she knew her parents wouldn’t know if she went to that. It was the end of the semester after all, and she was expecting to do well. She was hoping to pass all her exams well, and what would one night, basically after all of that change. It wouldn’t. So she’d forsaken the work she had intended to do in the lead up to the yuleball and instead gotten dressed and ready for the ball earlier than she might’ve before.
Minnie hoped that she might see Eric at the party, but knowing that he barely liked the school sanctioned one, she could assume he’d dislike the one organised by one of the students in their year. She did also hope she might run into Noel, Noel, who was far more likely to come along to such an event. He was a friend...an actual friend. Emily was her friend too, but they shared a dorm, it was easier to become friends with her, her parents would approve enough of Emily. She doubted they would approve of her friendship with Noel, and much less whatever she had with Eric. But Noel was a friend. She fixed her hair one last time before she walked into the student lounge. There were a few other students, people in her year, that she knew vaguely from classes in the room, but no one she knew well. Minnie grabbed a drink and stood to the side, she’d find someone to talk to soon.

Olivia had heard about the pre party for third years but hadn't decided she was going until the last minute. After all it wasn't like she knew many people well enough to mingle with them but she decided that would never change if she didn't push herself into social situations. Olivia changed into her dress and made her way to the student lounge where the gathering was being held. She looked around the most familiar face she could find but when her eyes landed on Tres it was clear she was otherwise engaged. Olivia grabbed a drink and spotted someone else who was also on her own and decided to drift toward her, she recognised her as one of the players on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team but didn't know her beyond that. "My only friend here is busy," Olivia said, much more awkwardly then she had intended. "Sorry that was a weird thing to say,"

@Minnie Calida

Daintree didn’t look all too impressed with her footwear but Tres didn’t really care. She knew it would make a statement, especially with some of the older girls and that was important. She waited to hear what he said to say about the Yule Ball, but she was a little surprised when he asked her to be his date. A smile appeared on her face as she realised that he obviously liked her, and it was a very good and positive step in the right direction. Of all people, Daintree was one of the nicer boys she come across and they’d had fun at Halloween, so it made sense they have fun here too. “Alright,” she nodded eagerly, excited to be able to tell Nicole and the girls that even though Simon had turned her down, she was still going with a boy, and a boy who was part of her own house’s quidditch team at that. They’d probably be a bit jealous of her. Tres was looking forward to the ball even more now, knowing that she’d be seen with Daintree too. Tres was half aware of more people coming in, one of which was Olivia who had recently tried to reassure her that boys didn’t think she was ugly. Well now she had the proof. “Come on,” she slid a tiny arm through the Beaters and pulled in the direction of her friend and another Ravenclaw. “Hey Olivia. Look, it’s Daintree. He’s my date,” she explained keenly, raising her eyebrows to her friend as though Olivia was supposed to know what that meant.

"You can all relax, I'm here now," Sully announced to the room as he made his way into the student lounge, grinning when he spotted Daintree talking to some of his housemates. Sully was always happy when the opportunity to hang out with his classmates arose, and it was doubly fun when it was one of his mates like Daintree "Did I hear you say you had a date, Daintree?" Sully said, heading over to them and overhearing Tres. He knocked into his friend companionably, smiling at the girls. Sully hadn't bothered trying to find a date this year, it seemed like a lot of trouble really and he figured there'd be plenty of people to hang out at the actual ball, or ever and Daintree's party. "This is a cool idea, by the way," He added, glancing around the room to see who else had shown up so far. Maybe once they were done here they could all head down to the ball together. @Daintree Vaskevold

Minnie looked up at the girl who greeted her. She looked the girl over, knowing that this girl was in her year since everyone in this room would likely be in her year. She also knew this girl a little from quidditch, they weren’t in the same house and she didn’t remember having played her, but she knew that she wasn’t a seeker, and really minnie only focused on seekers in the other teams, but she figured that this girl was someone she could speak to now. However, it was an odd thing to say as an opener. She glanced to the others in the room so far and couldn’t help but wonder who exactly her friend was. She couldn’t really know since she didn’t know much of her year group and so she definitely didn’t know who they were respectively hanging out with. Minnie shrugged a little, ”It was pretty weird,” She said to her, ”I’m Minnie,” she held out her hand to her, She didn’t know this girl well enough to know her name, only her house. But this was an occasion to get to know the others in her year, and this girl whose one friend was busy could be a friend. Minnie wouldn’t be the one to say that she hadn’t had a friend at all in this room. They were interrupted when the girl who’d been speaking to the guy who she was sure had organised the event approached them, and announced, mostly it seemed to her friend, that the boy was her date. Minnie wasn’t quite sure what to do now that more people were there.

If asking people out was as easy as that, Daintree could figure why some people did it. He’d heard it was difficult that it was nerve wracking, but that had been easy. Of course he was just inviting Tres to a dance, and that was fairly simple. He liked her enough, he wasn’t sure he was crushing on her or wanted to date her, but she was pretty, she was working with a clothing brand and she was in his house, that was a good combination for him. He was a little surprised as she put her arm through his and then dragged him over to her friend, another girl from their house and someone he knew vaguely from quidditch. He gave a little smile at the girl but was glad when Sully walked into the room, he could figure that Tres had wanted to show him off to her friend, and he didn’t altogether mind it but he could still be glad one of his friends had arrived. ”You heard right, Tres, Sully, Sully Tres,” he said introducing the pair to each other, though it was possible that they would know each other already, after all this was just their year in one event together, and they did now share all of their classes. ”Thanks, it was your hallway that gave me the idea of doing something more, and a pre-party is something my brother does before any party he goes to, so it made sense,” he told him, giving Sully a little credit for the idea though it had already been in his head to do something for a little while before it, it had just been the motivation he’d needed. ”Are you going with anyone to the ball Sully?” he asked his friend.

It was hard to tease Daintree sometimes, he was so unflappable and chill, which he had to admit was a nice break from some boys in their year. "Yeah yeah, I know Tres," Sully said as Daintree introduced them, giving her a nod of acknowledgement anyway. There weren't many kids in their year Sully didn't at least know in passing by now, though he and Tres didn't really hang out. Sully beamed when Daintree gave his cool Halloween idea some credit for his own party idea. "Ah yeah, glad I'm helping inspire some greatness," He said, knowing he was being cheeky. Sully thumbed his nose and shrugged when Daintree asked if he was going with anyone to ball or not. "Not really? Figure I'll just hang out with whoever when I'm there, no big deal," Sully shrugged again. He was pretty sure Aisa would point blank shoot him down if he tried to bother her after last year, and he knew Jarica and Noel already had plans, but he wasn't worried. "Going stag's pretty fun, I reckon," He added, just in case Daintree did think he was worried or something.

Adorah looked at the girl who approached her and was confused by her comment. "I think it's just supposed to be a get together, but I suppose you could look at it that way." She recognized the girl from classes but had never interacted with her. Honestly, she was one of those Slytherins who actually scared her. She knew the girl worked with the school newspaper, but that was about it. "I'm Adorah, by the way," she said, putting out her hand. Maybe this was what the girl was talking about.

@Sydney Townsend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back