the loss of a loved 1

Michael Glass

OOC First Name
David
Wand
Holly Wand 12 " Essence of Griffin Feather
Michael was driving to the moon household to see the family. he knew he shouldnt have been doing this but he had to explain to them what was happening with his life. he was still angry at himself with what had appened between him and stefan knowing that he could never make up for it. he was driving his brand new truck down the country lanes to fast but he didnt care.
suddenly a bend came out of nowhere and he whent stright into a concrete post. crushing his truck in the process. his automated emergency cller dialled 999 and gave them his coradinates. this is the last thing he rembers.
#7691526​

stefan was at home waiting to hear from michael. he was sligtly worried as he shouldve been at the moon's nearly a hour ago. after half a hour the phone rang. "Michael?" he asked. "hi am i speaking to a mr stefan glass?" the voiced asked "Yes i am stefan." he replied "I am sorry to inform but michaels been involved in a car accident. hes on his way to hospital now."the voice told him "Ok thank you im on my way now." he hung up the phone and called for a taxi to take him to the nearest hospital. On the way he called kate and told her what had happened and asked her to meet him there.

Sara rushed to the door, she'd just heard about Michael. "Oh God!" she whispered to herself, as she bundled inot the limo. "The..the...the hopsital..I mean hospital!" she babbled, somehow managing to half-way explain what was going on. She'd called her mother to tell her what was going on and where she was going. She curled herself up in the back of the limo, biting her fingernails and desperately trying not to imagine the worst. "Please hurry." she asked their elderly chauffeur. He seemed concerned. He'd taken to Sara, who was very fond of the old man, but she had not time for chatting now.

As soon as they reached the hospital, she jumped out and ran to the doors, pulling the push door, and then almost falling through. She ran to the desk and enquired after Michael. They wouldn't give information to a non-relative. Where was Stefan? She was looking around for him, but she couldn't find him. "Please be alright. Please be alright. Please be alright." she whispered tp herself over and over, almost as though the strength of her own will could keep Michael's heart beating.

stefan wonderd to the front of the hospital to wait for news on michael. somehow asif by a act of god he was only just alive. when he got to the waiting room he saw sara. "Sara thank you for coming." He said hugging her. "We wont know anything for the next hour or so." he told her.
suddenly he broke down in tearson her. "It's my fault i ased him to come and see you guys." he said balling. he was blaming him self for the accident even though it wasnt his fault. but he knew michael wouldnt have gone if he hadnt asked him to.

Sara breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Stefan. "Thank God!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around him in a hug. "Stefan-it'll be okay-it's okay." she whispered in his ear, steeping back, she'd had to go on her tip-toes to hug Stefan. Even though he was younger, he was much taller. "Of course I came-you and Michael are like family." she replied, as she looked up at him. "He'll be fine Stefan." she tried to re-assure him, placing a hand on Stefan's shoulder. It was like a jolt to her heart when Stefan began crying. She leaned up to hug him, rubbing his back, her hand at the nape of his neck, placing his head on her shoulder. "It is not your fault-don't you dare think it is." she answered him. "Michael is an adult-he makes his won decisions-he wouldn't have gone if he didn't want to." she added, tears springing to her eyes.

"Stefan-you have done nothing wrong." she reassured him, and stepping away, she looked into his tearstained eyes. "Stefan-why was he coming to our house?" she asked, looking at him searchingly.

Katewas lounging on the sofa. Her strength had been returning and she had been able to practice qudditch. She looked better too. She had gained weight on her face and her face had regained colour. She still looked I'll but just not as bad. She was reading a book,she found it quite interesting and the sound of her phone ringing almost gave her a fright "Hello" she said. She then listened as Stefan explained everything"I'm on my way" she said getting off the couch quickly. "Oh God"she thought,running to the door.She ran out the door and she was soon out of breath. She wasn't fit these days because of long hours being stuck in a bed over four weeks and the fact her body was still recovering. The limo was gone but luckily they had one or two other cars other than the limo,so she called Ben and asked him to bring her to the hospital. Sara must of already gone. Both her parents were busy also and they couldn't get out of work. Ben was out quickly and they were soon in the car. Kate was constantly fidgeting with her hands and she couldn't keep still.

Once they reached the hospital,Kate got out quickly after thanking Ben and telling him to return home. She jogged into the hospital and asked the lady at the desk where Michael was. She wouldn't tell Kate because Kate was not a family member,she started counting to ten and tried to calm herself down.Sh wanted to scream in frustration at the lady. It was when she was looking around the room that she saw Stefan and Sara. "Stefan!" she said walking over to him and giving him a hard squeeze "How is he?" she asked biting her lip "How are you" she added

"kate. thankyou for coming." he said drying his tears. "last thing i was told he was going for a scan." he told her. "He was coming to see you to explain that you will probally never see him again as he wants to travel the world for the rest of his life helping people." he told them. knowing michael wanted them to know. "STEFAN GLASS!" Somebody called. "Girls please wait here i will send for you if i need you." he told them.
as he followed the nurse to michaels room he saw that he was hooked up to all manner of machines not just one. when they were in the room the nurse told him that Michael was brain dead and he had to make the desscion wether to turn the machines off or not. "Please can you get the girls i was with." he asked the nurse as she left. he sat by micheal's side and hel his had in his and said "Dad what should i do?"

"Stefan-" Sara began, tears in her eyes, glancing over at Kate, she wasn't sure what to say. He wanted to travel the world? "It's a worthy goal." she commented, a slight smile on her lips, which were damp with tears. Michael was a kind, loving person, and it sounded like something he'd do. She whirled around as someone called Stefan's name, her hair, which was in a braid, whipping against her cheek. She hardly noticed. She nodded as Stefan addressed them. "Okay, we'll be here." she answered, and she took a seat once he left. "I can't believe this." she whispered, hugging her knees. Michael had been so close to them, he'd been the one who bought her Shade-her owl. She was lost in thoughts about him, about how long they'd known each other, about writing to him, and telling him he could move in with them. Her thoughts were interrupted when a nurse called them in. "Oh God." she grimaced, as she tried to put on a brave face for Stefan's sake. She walked in the door, and almost screamed at the sight of Michael's limp, lifeless body. "What's wrong-I mean he's gong to be okay-right?" she babbled, looking at her sister helplessly. She'd always been close to Michael, he was like an older brother. He bought her her owl for God's sake. he couldn't die-she refused to accept it. "Oh Stefan!" she cried, the few steps toward him were run, and she wrapped him in a hug.

stefan hugged sara back knowing what he was going to say would probally break her heart. "I've beeen told that he is brain dead." he said fighting back tears. "Also they have told me it would be kinder to turn of the machines that are keeping him alive." he said. he was facing the hardest descion of his life. what was he going to do. if he turned them off he would lose the flat and have nowhere to live. even hogwarts seemed far away.
he knew michael would have savings but how long would they last once the funeral was done. he had some savings too but they wouldnt last forever. as he faced the biggest descion he didnt know what to do. he sat the pondering on the descion knowing that he would have to turn the machines off eventually. "Girls what do you think i should do?" he said asking their opinion.

"It's no problem"She said smiling.She was so worried.Kate couldn't believe she was actually in a hospital again.She hadn't really noticed it because she had been so worried and she had been p!ssed at the receptionist.Now the smell was coming back and all the memories.She nearly missed what Stefan said next because the smell hit her so hard.She felt slightly lightheaded but she pushed it back. "That's amazing"She said the tears in her eyes.She really didn't Michael to die.He had too much ahead of him in life and he had been such a good friend.When Stefan was called out she sat down on the bench and breathed in and out slowly.She couldn't afford to faint or panic here.Stefan needed both herself and Sara.She lifted her head when their names were called.Kate bit her lip and followed the nurse.When she walked in and saw Michael connected to a whole load of machines,she felt a tear fall down her check.It's horrible to see someone who means so much to you,looking so sick and lifeless.She knew deep down that there was nothing much that the doctors could do.When Sara looked at her she was sure her face said it all.What Stefan said didn't surprise her but she felt more and more tears fall down her face.She walked over to Stefan and held his hand. "What do you think he would want you to do?"She asked

"Kate i dont know what i want to do." he said to her. with her holding his hand he thought the feeling of him having a crush on her was gone. he no longer felt the need to see her everyday. "I know what i should do now." he asid as he called the nurse in. "Please can we turn off the machines." he said taking kate's, michael's and sara's hands in his.
as the nurse whent round turning the machines off he couldnt help but feel gratitude for the nurse and the moon's for being here for him. as the last machine was turned off he let go of the hands and stood there and said. "Goodbye father i will always miss you." and kissed him on the forehead and steped out of the room.

"Yes you do"She said quietly,squeezing his hand hard.This was a terrible decision to be making at such an age.The tears were now rolling down her face.She knew what was about to happen and she hated it that it had to end like this.She and her family would be all Stefan had left.She wondered what would happen with him now.She hadn't spoken to Michael in a while and now she would never get the chance too.Kate stood at watched as the nurse began to turn off the machines.All the four of them were holding hands and she wished her parents could be here.Kate closed her eyes and opened them when she heard the long beep informing them that Michael's heart had stopped.Kaate took in a deep breath refusing to break down. When Stefan left,Kate walked up and stood beside the bed. "Goodbye Michael,I'll miss you"She said before turning and leaving the room.She walked into the bathroom and let the tears fall freely.

stefan wanted to talk to kate but she darted into the bathroom befor he could. instead he sat there and wonderd what he was going to do. he knew he could always ask the moons if he could move back in. they had always been there for him whenever he needed them. but first he was going to have to organise the funeral. this would take time and careful planning.
he walked back into the room and sat with the body of his adopted father until some one spoke to him.

Sara shook her head as Stefan asked them what to do. "I don't know Stefan-it's your decision." she replied, sobs racking through her body. This couldn't be happening, it was impossible. Michael couldn't... Sheclasped her hands to her face at th thought. As Stefan made his decision, Sara nodded; "It's the right thing to do Stefan." she tried to reassure him, squeezing the hand that he offered. She shook as he asked the question. "We love you Michael, thank you for Shade, and for everything you have done-we'll miss you." she whispered quietly. She couldn't believe this was actually happening. Her hands shook as the machine's were turned off. She didn't let go of his hand, which was still warm. Both of the others left the room, and she stood. She kissed his lifeless body, very lightly on the forehead, and walked out to Stefan. "What are you going to do?" she asked, wiping the tears off her face. She wasn't looking her best right now, her mascara was slightly smeared beneath her eyes, and her cheeks were raw and red. "You can stay with us, if you want-maybe Michael's sister and such should be contacted? We can help Stefan." she was trying to reassure him, and she wasn't sure how well it was going. She stared at the ground, fresh tears springing to her eyes as she thought of Michael.

Kate continued to cry in the bathroom. She started hiccuping and after a while she started to calm down. She couldn't believe he was actually dead. Another sob racked though her thin,petit body. This really wasn't healthy for her. She already felt weak from the smell of the hospitL and now she was just damn tired and weak. Finally after around ten minutes she realised things needed to be done. Firstly she called her parents and told them the Newark. Then she walked out and found Sara and Stefan.Sara looked terrible,Kate had looked the same way until she was wiped her face clean. She walked over and stopped for a few minutes not really sure what to do. She then wrapped her arms around Sara and gave her the tissue 'It's okay" she whispered attempting to comfort her older twin.After a few minutes she guessed that Sara was a bit better. "Mam and dad are on their way"she said quietly to Stefan. A loved one of hers had not died since her grand-parents and she hadn't even known them that well. She hadn't felt a pain and loss like this before. There was so much that would have to do done in a while. "How are you feeling now?"she asked both Sara and Stefan.

stefan just stood there looking at michael. "There is no way of contacting laura. shes currently. well i dont know." he told sara. "Im going to need help clearing the flat of his things." he said to no one in paticular. when kate entered he was reminded of how he came to fall head over heals with her in the first place."Thank you." he said to her.
"Please can you girls help me plan the funeral." he said he knew it was to much to ask but he couldnt do it by himslf.

Sara calmed down slightly as Kate embraced her. "I just can't belive he's...he's....." she whispered back, she couldn't bring herself to finish that sentence. She couldn't belive Michael was dead, that he'd just ceased to exist. She'd just seen someone die. It was all too much, she leaned back against the wall, her hand to her head. "Stefan-we'll help you in any way we can." she answered. Stefan was like family, they couldn't leave him now, when he most needed them. "You can stay with us, I'm sure Mam and Dad won't object." she added, sending him a weak smile.

"I know"She said reassuringly.She was trying to get over the fact herself,but she was more grieving inside then out.She had tried up all her tears in the bathroom anyways.She was ready to face the music.Sara seemed to be dealing wit it a lot worse then Kate but Kate had been on a roller coaster of a ride in regards to emotions.She had learned to reel them in when necessary."Yeah,we'll help"She said smiling.Stefan was practically family as was Michael,they would help when he needed them most. "there is plenty of room"She said grinning,she was attempting to lighten the mood.

"girls i can't thankyou enough." he said thanking them again. there was one slight problem he didnt know wether or not to sell the flat. he knew the bank wouldnt mind aslong as he could pay the mortgage. he came to the descion to sell the flat. "Im going to get some fresh air." he told them as he walked out to the front of the hospital. he knew that if he gave up school that would be it but he dint know if he could face hogwarts again.

as he sat there watching the world go by he remembered the times michael and him were happy. he knew there was no way he could keep all the bad memories away but it was nice to have good an bad memories tolook back on not just bad. he chuckled to himself as he remebered when michael had told to go careful when he was out climbing or practising with his bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back