The Kingsley Ranch

Alex frowned as she questioned him. He knew what that meant. He knew exactly what that meant. Because his father had been paralyzed waist down and he knew what it could do to people. 'I don't know what you'd do but it will never happen. Because if you don't fall then you'll never become paralyzed and you can still continue your dreams,' he replied to her before giving her a warm smile. He had no idea what else he could say. She was just worrying far to much in his mind.
'Besides, there's laods of other things you can do without your gymnastics. You're smart Kiera. I bet you could teach the dumbest of kids and they would still end up with EE's if they tried. Not too mention coaching,' he added, hoping that would give her some back up plan to work on. It was true and if that never worked, she could always do loads of muggle jobs like a model or journalist or maybe even a tellecom assistant.

Kiera knew Alex was only trying to help her. His words were soothing her some but not as much as his presence next to her. She gave him a small smile. "I only want to go to the Olympics." she told him softly. She might be smart but she didn't want to teach or coach. However, he was right. She had a bit of a back up plan now. Kiera laid her head on Alex's chest. The steady rhythm of his heart calmed her down. "Can I just stay here with you for a bit?" she asked him, understanding if he preferred her not to. After all, she interrupted him sleep. "Will you just talk to me? Distract me?" she asked him.

Alex nodded. He would never admit to anyone that's all he ever wanted to do as well but he was glad he shared the same dream with his girlfriend. Except he was for the running aspect, not the whole gymnastics stuff. He just smiled as she snuggled up to him. It made him more relaxed luckily because if his heart was any louder she could probably hear it. And that would just be embarrassing if it was like normal where it usually was a lot faster around her.

'I guess you can stay. I have nothing against it,' he replied cheerfully. 'Do you know any of the first years coming up after the break?' he asked. He had no idea why he had asked her that but it was the first thing that had come into his head.

Kiera smiled warmly up at her boyfriend. She was pleased that she could stay right here with him. She was the most content and comfortable around him than anyone else at school, except her sister of course. She doubted that Alex even knew the affect he had on her. Kiera leaned her face upwards and kissed him on the jaw line. "Thank you." she told him, the gratitude ringing in her voice. Kiera shook her head at the question. "No, I don't know any yet. I suppose I will meet some at Ollivanders when I help them with their wands." she said thoughtfully. "What about you? Know any first years?"

Alex laughed and turned his head down slightly to kiss her on her head. He placed his arm to wrap round her waist lovingly. It just felt naturally to him now. Shaking his head slightly he felt he should reply to the question finally. 'Are you imposing I speak to the little midgets that cause me hell every day?' he asked her sounding completely innocent and not to a stranger that he was joking around with her.

Kiera leaned into Alex's arm as he wrapped her around it. She never got tired of the little fond gestures that Alex displayed to her. She was a hopeless romantic after all. Kiera loved every minute she spent with Alex. Kiera laid one of her arms across Alex's chest. She laughed at Alex's question. "Yeah, sure. They give you hell. I think its the other way around." she teased him, all in fun. Kiera didn't mind his pranks really. They were rather funny. Alex amused her to no end.

Alex smiled as he gazed at the ceiling in the darkness. It wasn't an eerie dark though. He welcomed the dark much as a goth would probably. But he couldn't help it. It showed the beauty in objects that had it's own unique life hiden from the average people of the world who had no cares of the world whatsoever.

'Hmm, I don't give them hell. I give them memoris,' he replied before thinking about his old dorm. 'And history for new ideas,' he added, not that she'd know about that fact and he certaintly wasn't about to give up those secrets. He felt sleepy after all this talk so far, not too mention he was quite happy sleeping.
'What's your favourite actor?' he asked her quietly.

Kiera smirked in the darkness as Alex said he gave them memoirs and history. She rolled her eyes in the darkness. "I don't even think that I want to know about that one." she said with a slight laugh. Kiera knew there was all sorts of pranks she had no idea about. After all, she only met the boy a year ago. But now look at them. Kiera sighed happily. She leaned her face up for one more kiss.

Kiera barely even considered Alex's question. She blurted out the leading men in her two favorite movies. "Clark Gable and Patrick Swazye." she told him. She doubted he would know them since both of the movies were very old. Especially the first one. Kiera glanced curiously at Alex in the darkness. "Why?" she asked him.

Alex smiled. 'You dont' ' he agreed with her cheerfully. He didn't think she'd ever learn about it either unless she one day suddenly became the HoH for Hufflepuff and discovered the charms to see the pranks, all in his book of course.
He was slightly surprised as she told him her favourite actors.
A dancer and a looker? he thought to himself, wondering why she liked them. well, at least he had one of the skills, not that the dancing was exactly the same styles as his or his techniques were anything like Patricks. Smiling he let his his tongue slide along his front teeth thinking what to say.'Interesting. No I was just wondering,' he told her honestly. He was just wondering after all.

Kiera laughed as he agreed that she didn't want to know. Kiera smiled as she shut her eyes, just listened to Alex's heart beat and the silence of the night. Kiera heard Alex's tone of surprise at her two favorite actors.
"They are both the sort of heros in my two favorite movies." she explained. "Plus they both are a little bit of bad boys with a sweeter side." she said softly. There was something about a bad boy that just attracted her, though she wasn't aware of that herself.
"What about you?" she asked him, her voice a murmur. "Who are your favorites?" she wondered.

Alex laughed. 'Hmm. Lemme think. I don't really have any favorites. But seeing as you said two, I'll pick two as well. Emma Watson and Jessica Alba. Done,' he joked with her smiling. He had loads more he thought were good actresses but he guessed these too were his favourites so far. Mind you, he quickly thought to himself, Sara Paxton is quite good as well.

Kiera nodded her head. Both of those actresses were quite pretty and talented. Kiera sighed. She could never be like them. Kiera cuddled up to Alex. "I suppose they are both really good." she admitted reluctantly, her voice heavy with sleep. Slowly, her eyes shut. Kiera fell into sleep, this time her dreams consumed with Alex's face.

Kiera heard a loud rapping coming from outside. Slowly, she opened her eyes. Confusion washed through her before she remembered the previous night. Kiera looked over at Alex who was still asleep with his arms around her. She looked over and saw an Owl outside the window. Kiera slowly moved out of his arms. Kiera went and opened it up. It dropped two letters in her hands. Kiera smiled. They were from the school. She took them back to bed and climbed in beside Alex. She kissed him on the cheek. "Our letters are here." she told him softly.

Kiera opened her own letter up. Kiera's mouth dropped as she read through it. She pulled out a new shiny badge. The school had made Kiera Head Girl. She turned to Alex, excitement shinning in her eyes. "Alex! Alex! They made me Head Girl." she said practically jumping up and down.

Alex sighed, shrugging slightly as Kiera said they both good. 'Not as good as you,' he murmured against her hair, giving her another kiss before she fell asleep. He watched her for a while, looking so peaceful before he felt himself give in to the quietness and exhaustion he was feeling.

Alex heard a rap in the distance that pulled him out of his deep sleep. Feeling someone leave him, he stirred and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. He sat up and felt Kiera kissed his cheek. 'Letters?' he asked sleepily, not entirely out of his little sleep yet. He looked at Kiera wondering why she was in his room before remembering she had slept here last night. Alex smiled at how nice that was before cutting his imagination off abruptly.
Picking up his letter, he had just opened the envelope when Kiera was practically jumping up and down. He stared at her before bursting out laughing. 'What did I tell you?' he joked with her, taking the letter out of her hands seeing the evidence for himself. Wow, she really had been made head girl. He felt a bit of pride that one of his friends but also girlfriend was Head Girl. He gave her a wide grin.

Kiera was so excited that she didn't even mind Alex's I told you so. Kiera kissed Alex in her happiness. She was glad he was there to experience it with her. "Yeah yeah you told me but I didn't think that it would actually happen." she said, grinning from ear to ear. Kiera calmed herself down a bit so that she was sitting beside Alex. Kiera wrapped her arms around him. "Can you believe it? I'm the new Head Girl." she marveled. "I wonder who they made Head Boy?" she mused.

Alex laughed as she still squealed up and down in her happiness. 'Yes, I can beleive it,' he said nodding his head. I mean, it was there in the letter and she was exceptionally talented, both in her nature and magic and talent. I mean, who else was that nice in 7th year. He thought to himself, kissing her quite thoroughly. He was very proud of her, as her family would be as well. Or they should anyway.
'No idea but I know it won't be me,' he answered her question. He sat up and turned so he was out from under the covers of the bed. Looking at the bathroom, he wondered if he should just go for a shower before he opened his letter or just open it now. Oh, like there was anything important anyway. Smiling, he emtied the contents of his letter very boyishly and looked at the letter. No books this year whichh he was happy about, just the normal stuff until he turned it over. What he saw made his skin pale as if he had seen a ghost. His hands started shaking as he read the continious sentence.
The letter said:
Congratulations Alex. You have been chosen to be Head boy this year.
...responsibilty .... great honour... family should be very proud...see you bright and early next term
Alex stared for another second before crumpling the letter with one hand, muttering inaudible curse words at the school. Throwing it at the other side of the room, he walked into the bathroom completely shaking uncontrolably as he closed the door behind him. He needed the cold water of the showed right now to wake him up from the terrible nightmare he was having. That's all it was, he told himself, there was no way he was head boy. Not at all.

(feel free to uncrumple the letter and read it. :p )
(PS. I'm in the mood for dramatic at the moment. sorry. :r )

Kiera kissed Alex back enthusiastically. She put all her effort into kissing him completely. Kiera was pleased with herself though she didn't want to seem like she was bragging. Kiera was confused as Alex opened his letter and went ghost white. Kiera frowned wondering what was going on as he threw his letter to the ground and then stormed into the bathroom. He had been shaking. Kiera was afraid. What was going on? Kiera just sat in his bed, not understanding what was going on.

After a few minutes, Kiera got up and walked to where his letter had fallen. She picked it up and unwrinkled it. It said Alex had been made head boy. How did that happen? she wondered, knowing his track record wasn't good. Kiera didn't understand why Alex would get so upset about this. It was a good thing right? Kiera went to the door and knocked. "Alex, do you wanna talk?....Is everything alright?" she asked worried.

Alex was on the seat of the toilet, his hands holding his head as he stared at the floor. He had no idea how he had managed to get Head Boy. He was the biggest prankster. It was an insultment to him for a start. Had he not had a bad enough record to be completely ruled out for that. He seemed to have enough detentions in every single miute of spare time practically to prove that. Secondly, he had crap grades this year. All the mess with James and Kiera had mucked him around and he had only just maged to scrap a pass on everything practically. After all, he only got EE on his CoMC mark in the end.
But no, he still magaed ot be given this huge responsiblity on his shoulders for which he was meant to go against his own people in the school and basically keep order to everything he passed. Not too mention the speeches in front of everybody, not that he minded that much. Speaking in front of people was a piece of cake or at least, in his mind.
'No Kiera. Ev-everything's fine, honest. I'll be...out in a sec,' he replied to her, slightly shakily, before getting up and turning the shower on. The water ran down his face, mixing his tears filled with fear and anger, with the cold cleansing water the shower threw on him. He let himself close his eyes and think things through.

Kiera was distrustful at Alex's words. If one thing was for certain it was that he was not okay. Kiera knew she just had to be patient and wait but it was hard for her. She went back to the bed, intending just to wait on Alex. She heard the shower come on and figured this might take a while. She laid down, staring at the ceiling. Before she knew it, her eyes were once again closed. She drifted back into a light slumber.

After about 5 minutes, Alex felt awake enough to face Kiera again and dryed himself as quick as he could. Finding his clothes, he slipped on his t-shirt and some black baggy jeans, and walked out. He was patting his hair dry and he managed a weak smile at Kiera. 'Sorry, just...I guessed I don't really feel like being Head Boy. I'm sure there's loads of other guys who deserve to be a Head Boy way before me,' he apologized to her, shrugging his shoulders slightly. The sadness of it all never left his eyes though as he smiled. He was scared as hell thinking of the stuff he had to do as a Head Boy. He was never into the whole responsibilty before and he certaintly think he'd be doing that for his last year at school, that was for sure.

Kiera's eyes opened as she heard the bathroom door open. Kiera sat up and looked at Alex. She couldn't help but smile at him. He looked adorable. Kiera frowned as he talked. Where was he getting all this? She knew he liked his pranks but really he would be very good for the job if he decided to commit to it. He didn't need to worry about it. Kiera shook her head. "Alex, your smart, funny, and charming. I know exactly why they gave it to you." She could tell he was upset and she wanted to help somehow. "Don't worry. I will be there by you. I can do whatever it is you don't want to do." Kiera said, knowing that it might be extra work on her but she just wanted him to stop freaking out about it.

Alex shrugged at her, sighing. He would just take her word for it. He knew his charm he had due to the fact of how many girls he had had under it before by accident but he did not think he was that funny or in the least bit smart. Had she not seen his grades this year? Sighing, he sat on the bed next to her, wondering why she always managed to look so good. I mean, she had just woken up yet she looked dazling as always. 'I hope so. Because there ain't no way I'm ever going to be able to do anything they ask. I can ahrdly get an EE in my classes anymore,' he replied before looking out of the window not sure what to say now. He played with his bottom lip worried as he continued to dry his hair. 'I still can't believe they made me Head Boy though. I mean, c'mon. I had detention every second day practically,' he added, a frown lightly masking his feautures on his face.

Kiera smiled at Alex. "I don't think they ask you to do much. I mean I will help you." she said trying to reassure him. Kiera bit her lip as she heard the part about his classes. She knew that that was her fault. She knew what she had put him through during the last few weeks of the semester had affected his ending grades. Kiera wrapped her arms around Alex. "I'm sorry. Its my fault you did poorly. I know it is." she said quietly. "I promise that wont get in your way anymore. Its not going to happen again." she said confidently. Kiera knew that all this was just his nerves. Was he afraid? "I think you can do it. Why don't you? You are better than the other boys in our year. Much better." she said, kissing him. "Though you might have to be nice to the poor first years." she said teasing.

Alex smiled at her. 'It wasn't your fault,' he replied to her, not wanting her to make her feel guilty. Why had he been so stupid and mentioned that he had no idea now. He just upsetted her about that time yet again. He wrapped his arm around Kiera the fear slowly managing to go hide somewhere away for another time. 'Well, I hardly have a choice. I've got this badge now and I ain't gonna just hand it back. You should know me by now. When i want to get rid of it, I will in a very good way that people won't just forget,' he replied, smiling at her before kissing her back, harder than normal. It wasn't that it was urgent but this morning he just felt the need to have her for some reason. She looked so yummy and besides, they were together. He had ignored her teasing but it was true. he couldn't pull as many pranks as he wanted to anymore. Damn.

Kiera knew Alex was just being kind when he said it wasn't her fault. She knew it was and accepted responsibility for it. Kiera considered herself lucky to even get Alex back. Kiera grinned as he wrapped an arm around her. She just liked being close to him. She frown as he said give it back. "Why would you want to give it back? I think your stuck with it for the next year." she told him smugly. Kiera immediately forgot what she was saying as Alex began to kiss her. She pulled him back on the bed with her, kissing him as she did so. Kiera was glad to rid the topic for a much more pleasurable activity. Kiera kissed Alex back passionately. He was perfect in her eyes and they were perfect together. She never wanted it to end.

Alex ignored what Kiera was saying, breaking her off by kissing her again. It didn't matter anyway. He wasn't going to think about his stupid badge now. Not when the moment could be sued by doing something else which was what Kiera had in her mind as well. Alex felt the familiar tug as Kiera moved onto her back, Alex on top of her still kissing.
He felt the normal feelins building up in him, as they're kissing got more passionate over the time of a couple of minutes. The scent of her was filling him up and making his thoughts jumble together as he felt the dizzyness, in a good way of course, creep into him. His hands felt their way to Kiera. One in her hair, feeling the softness of it between his fingers and one near her waist, wrapping it's way slowly round her, needing her to be closer to him. He couldn't remember how long it was since they had done this last but it was definetely time they needed to do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back