The Kingsley Ranch

Kiera kissed Alex back, a bit on the enthusiastic side. She had missed his kisses for a couple of weeks and it made her want to kiss Alex even more. Kiera walked hand and hand with Alex until she got to the stairs. He let go of her hand to slide down the banister. Kiera laughed as he reached the bottom. She rolled her eyes at him with an amused smirk on her lips. "I thought you said you were hungry?" she reminded him. Kiera took Alex's hand once again, leading him through the house to their dinning room. The places were set and her family was already seated. Kiera motioned for Alex to sit beside her while she sat down by her dad.

After dinner, Kiera helped her dad clear the table. As soon as all that was done, Kiera went off to find Alex. She found him upstairs in his room. Kiera knocked on the half open door. "Mind if I come in?" she asked him with a smile.

Alex laughed as she questioned his hunger. 'I am,' he replied to her laughing. He let her lead himself to the kitchen and took a seat next to her. He smiled at Cam, remembering the first incident they had done on their first meeting. He had to admit it, they both seemed to love annoying Kiera.

Food had been great and he would of volunteered to help with the dishes but Kiera had beat him to it and Alex had gone upstairs instead to brush his teeth and sort out some of his money. He heard a knock and nodded. 'Yep, in ya come,' he told her , putting the money back into his trunk thinking he would need to get a phonebook later on in the holiday and get his license.

Kiera slipped into the room leaving the door halfway closed. It didn't really matter since Kiera and Alex were the only ones in this part of the house for the summer. Cameron's room was on the other side along with her father's room. Katheryn's room was vacant since she was staying with her mother for most of the summer. "Hello love." she said with a bright grin on her face. She crossed the room. Kiera sat down, indian style on the bed. "What would you like to do now?" she asked him curious.

Alex looked up as she sat on the bed. 'Hmm, I don't know. What do you suggest we do?' he asked her back merely for the pleasure of continuing the classic argument over what they were going to do.
He smiled at her sitting on the floor. He had no idea what they wanted to do but it was only his first couple of days here anyway. And he didn't really feel as homely here as he should yet.

Kiera thought about what it was they should do. She decided to come up with a list of possibilities so that he could make the final decision. She wanted him to make the choice since she had dragged him here, he should have fun. "Well the beach isn't far just about 20 minutes. I could drive if you would like to go somewhere. Or I have a pool out back and a stable with horses even farther back." she said, taking a moment to think of other options. "Or there is a movie screen in the basement and we have just about every movie imaginable." she said with a smile on her face. "You pick." Kiera said wondering what he would want to do.

Alex thought about what she offered. He would love to go to the beach. But the weather wasn't the best for the beach. Sure it was sunny but it was really windy it was impossible. And 20 minutes in car after all that time it took to come here was just out the question. He thought about the movies and though it seemed a good idea he didn't really want to do that until night time or something like that. 'What about trying out our riding skills?' he joked with her, knowing fine well he had never seen a horse before being ridden except in the films. This would be interesting.

Kiera nodded her head. She loved to ride and was pleased that her father had the new stables finished. Kiera hopped off the bed. "Alright. Let me go put on my jeans and boots." she said, bending down to give him a kiss on his cheek. She went across the hallway and quickly got ready.
After about five minutes, Kiera came back across the hallway. "Are you ready?" she asked him.

Alex nodded slightly not sure what he had just put himself up to. This was going to be bad, he thought to himself watching Kier moving away from the bedroom. He stood up and closed his trunk again, not sure if he needed to change. He had a light hoodie on, some trackies and some worn out trainers. Surely that was ok.
He looked up at Kiera and shrugged with a lopsided smile. 'I guess. Off we go,' he said smilng at her. His hand gestured for her to go first.
Though he may not have a dad, he still knew how to be a proper gentelmen when the time came for that. And he knew ladies were always meant to come first.

Kiera took Alex's hand and lead him on the walk out to the stables. Kiera smiled when she saw her horses. She went to the room where all the saddles were. Kiera grabbed hers. "Go ahead grab that saddle." she told him pointing to the one next to hers. It was typically used by her brother's friends. Kiera smiled as she walked to her horse's stall. Belle was a smaller horse with black and white coloring. She opened the door and went in. In less than five minutes, her horse was saddled and ready to ride.

Kiera went back to where Alex was. She took the saddle from him. "Follow me." she said cheerfully, leading him to the stall next to her horse. "Oh by the way, that is my horse, Belle." she mentioned as they passed Belle. Kiera opened the door to the other stall. Inside was a large, solid black horse. "This is Gaston." she told Alex with a smile. Kiera quickly saddled the horse, and handed the reins to Alex. "Are you ready for this?" she asked him, amused.

Alex followed excitedly behind Kiera. Just think. He was actually going to see horses close up again since ages ago when he was very young. Definetely before he reached double digits. Alex walked into the tack room and looked round in wonder. Grabing the saddle of the shelf like Kiera asked, he followed her, not believing how fast she was to tack up the horse.
And how big it was too. It looked a beaut though from where he was standing, looking so majestic and graceful. As Kiera walked to the next stable, he wasn't so sure about this anymore. It was a black as coal horse in front of him, much taller and bigger than Belle. He couldn't even imagine how much power the horse must have in the huge muscles in was showing.
Letting Kiera saddle him up, he wasn't sure he even wanted to ride the horses anymore. Gulping away the fear that was creeping up him he smiled. 'Umm, sure. What could possibly go wrong?' he asked himself as he took the reins from Kiera's hands. He hadn't been that smart ot saw that though as Gaston bent his head and tried to knock him out the way with it's muzzle. 'Ow,' he complained, glaring at the horse and rubbing his head. He kept a hold of the reins though and pushed his nose out the way slightly, having a friendly smmile at Gaston. They were sure going to be getting on just great.

Kiera grinned at Alex. He looked nervous and possibly even scared. She had never seen him look like that before. Kiera laughed as he asked her what could go wrong. "Well Gaston could throw you but don't worry. Daddy has them trained well. He's a gentle one despite his looks." she told him with a smile. Kiera walked Belle out of stables and mounted up. "Need any help?" she asked him, figuring he hadn't ever ridden before.

Alex laughed. 'Gee, that really helps the confidence there Kiera,' he joked with her before smiling. Seeing Kiera mount so effortless on to Belle, he wondered how hard it had to be to mount onto a horse. Even if it was 10 inches taller than him. Looking at the saddle, he placed his left foot in it, and jumped himself up with his right foot. Standing in the saddle, he leaned forward and let his right leg move over onto the other side where he tried to put his foot into the stirrup very unprofessionally. He was slightly breathless after that and had no idea how Kiera managed to do it so fast. He certaintly wasn't one to cope well with horses. Smiling at her, he stuck his tongue out.
'Nope. I guess I'm a total natural at this,' he joked with her, his hands on the reins tight, though it did no good. They were like loose washing lines the way they were getting held.

((The middle of your post about Zuka confuses me...))

Kiera grinned at her boyfriend. "Awesome. Lets go then." she said, nudging her horse to a walk. They rode around for about an hour, making small talk and just enjoying each other's company. For the millionth time, Kiera was grateful she had been able to get back together with Alex. She turned to look at him, her brown eyes catching the sunlight in them. "How do you like it?" she asked, referring to the ride.

(so sorry. I don't even know how that got there. confused me too. this laptop has a mind of it's own. :p )

Alex smiled before he clicked his horse on. Amazingly, it did just that. Following Kiera's horse, he let it have it's head but it seemed just happy to walk besides Belle. Glad he hadn't been thrown off yet, he relaxed more as the ride went on. Smiling at Kiera as she asked him how the ride was going, he shrugged.
'It's actually quite fun. First time I've ever been on horse to be honest but I guess it's not that bad you know,' he told her lifting his hands up in a gesture for saying whatever. But as he brought his reins back down with a flick of his wrist, he didn't exactly know that meant faster in the horses language. Alex grabbed onto the saddle as Gaston went galloping down the feild with Alex comically holding onto the horse's saddle for dear life. His legs weren't exactly in control either, accidentally going against the horses side rather like a kick. He hadn't even thought to stop the horse until he saw a fence coming. 'Woah,' he told the horse, which obeyed almost immediately. This set Alex right off and he went flying over the fence, landing on the floor stunned. That was something he'd rather not do again. A dopey smile spread on his features as his eyes looked at Gaston who seemed to be snorting a laugh out.

Kiera watched Alex accidentally speed his horse up. At first, Kiera thought it was funny since he seemed to be alright. Then she saw he was flying through the air. Kiera gasped as kicked Belle into full out run. Kiera flowed with the horse as if they were the same being. Kiera reached Alex and hopped off her horse. She ran to where he was on the ground. "Are you okay?" she asked worriedly. The fall had looked nasty.

Alex was just about to get himself up when he noticed Kiera had galloped all the way to him. He looked up and laughed. 'Yeah, m'fine. But there is just no way, you're getting me to go that fast on a horse again' he joked with her picking himself up.To be truthful, now that he though about it, the fall was pretty damn sore but like he was going to tell his girlfriend that. He smiled at her before climbing over the fence and too Gaston.
'Stupid me eh?' he spoke to himself as he patted Gaston taking hold of his reins once more. 'You ok?' he asked Kiera, smiling.

Kiera smiled as Alex said he was okay. She was relieved nothing worse had happened. Kiera grinned at Alex as he joked with her. "The fall didn't hurt your sense of humor I see." she said teasingly. Kiera shook her head. "I probably should have done a better job at teaching you." she said shaking her head. "Yeah I'm fine." she said, wondering why he had asked if she was alright. He was the one who had fallen. "Maybe we should call it a day." she suggested.

Alex laughed. 'You wish. I bet if we were stuck in a room in the centre of the earth, my humour would be the last thing to die.' he teased back smiling. He sighed. 'Hmm, maybe we should. I think poor Gaston has probably had enough amusement for one day,' he agreed with Kiera turning to wink at Gaston. Obviously the horse would never understand but he felt a connection with the horse already. Seemed Gaston also had the kind of personality that tried to annoy another person for the sake of it.

Kiera mounted her horse once more. "I agree. He looks exhausted." she teased Alex. "Lets take them back and go watch a movie at the house." she told him, wanting to cuddle with him once more.

((A few weeks later))

Kiera woke with tears streaming down her face. She realized she was laying in her bed, in the dark. Kiera was afraid. Her dream had been about her National competition coming up next week. In the dream, Kiera had taken a bad grip on the bars. When she had swung around, trying to do a trick, she had hit her head on the metal bar. Down she had fallen, her eyes were shut and she couldn't move. Kiera was paralyzed.

Now awake, Kiera was shaking. She couldn't be sitting awake by herself and she knew she couldn't sleep. She needed Alex badly. Kiera hated to wake him up but she was too afraid not to. She tip toed to Alex's room. Kiera knocked once on the door before opening it. "Alex?" she asked, her voice shaking.

Alex laughed. 'Hmm, bet he is,' he teased back before agreeing with Kiera. He walked back with her, looking forward to relaxing his aching shoulders from the fall.

Alex had been sleeping though it wasn't about anything. Just the whiteness of snow for some reason. Now though Alex used to be an extremely deep sleeper, the years at hogwarts had made him a much lighter sleeper and when there was a soft knock on his door, he was awoken immediately. Frowning, he felt for his wand before letting the light go to the door. He saw Kiera with a tear stained face and frowned even further with worry. 'Kiera?' he asked starting to sit in his bed further, still not fully awake anymore.

Kiera shook her head at him as he started get up. There was no need for that, Kiera just needed to be close to Alex. She felt bad about waking him up and hoped he wasn't mad at her. Kiera made her way to Alex's bed. She climbed into his bed with him, like she had done with her dad when she was younger. Kiera didn't even think about what she was doing, not aware that that might make Alex uncomfortable. A tear ran down Kiera's cheek. "I had a bad dream." she told him softly. "Can I stay here with you? I'm afraid to be alone." she told him. She was afraid of what she would see when she closed her eyes.

Alex sighed as Kiera came into the room and switched off the light of his wand placing it back on the bedside cabinet. He didn't realise what Kiera was actually doing until the bed evened out slightly. He shook his head slightly and turned to find Kiera in his bed. Ok...this is closehe thought to himself uncomfortably before he realized the colour that had shot to his cheeks. He was so glad it was dark so you couldn't see anything well. He listened as Kiera told him what happened. 'If you want,' he replied softly smiling warmly. He was glad the colour had settled and was slowly working it's way to disappearing again. He noticed a tear on Kiera's cheek and used his hand to wipe it off. He had always found it annoying when people couldn't just wipe away their own tears instead of making other people guilty for seeing them upset but now was not the time to have an internal rant. 'Want to talk about it?' he asked her, not sure if that was the best thing to ask. Personally, this kind of situation was new to him entirely. He never had the comfort of going anywhere when he had a bad dream nor did he ever have another girl in the same bed as him before.

Kiera hoped she wasn't putting Alex in a bad situation as she climbed into his bed. She didn't find it weird but she sometimes had a different way of thinking. Kiera smiled back at Alex. His tone was soft but caring. Kiera placed her hand over his as he brushed the tears off of her cheek. His touch comforted her in a way she couldn't explain. Kiera didn't know if she wanted to talk about her dream or not. She decided it would be better to talk to Alex than keep it all to herself. Maybe he could help? His presence was already soothing her a bit. Kiera nodded her head. "Well...I had a dream that it was the day of the competition...and I was doing my bar routine. But I messed up...." she said pausing in her story. She looked at him nervously. Kiera hoped he could feel her trembling. "I fell and it paralyzed me." she said softly. It was probably the worst dream she had ever had.

Alex listened to her dream not liking the fact that she let it affect her so much. He frowned as he noticed she was trembling. He sighed. 'That's still not going to happen is it? You shouldn't let your fears get in the way of you. We discussed the fact of the case of you falling,' he told her, joking slightly at the end. He figured that maybe she just thought it was a vision for the competition.
'Besides, when are you ever going to do a silly mistake like that. Just leave anything you're not sure of out,' he told her shrugging slightly.

Kiera shook her head. She didn't think that he understood what she was saying. He thought she was afraid of falling. It wasn't exactly that. "The mistake I made in the dream was minor. It would be simple to do but it ruins everything." she said softly, still badly shaken up. "I'm not afraid to fall." she stated as more of a fact. "Do you understand what that would mean if I was paralyzed?" she asked him, turning on her side so that she could see him. "No more Olympics. No more Quidditch. That was the plan for my life. What would I do?" she said. That was what the dream really boiled down to. She was freaked out about the fact she had nothing special to offer except what she could do with her athletic talent. Becoming paralyzed would take everything that made Kiera who she was, away from her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back