Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ecosexual
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Sturdy Chestnut Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Rosemarie had preformed poorly in the last Charms lesson. The only magic she had preformed thus far was at her home when her rosebush grew from frail and brittle into a gigantic specimen. That was also the moment she learned she was magical and allowed to go to this magical school. She wasn't here for the magic, she was here for the Herbology lessons. Eager to learn as much as she could about all the magical plants and flowers out there. If it was up to Rose she would only take Herbology for five days a week, eight hours a day. Unfortunately that wasn't allowed and now Rose was stuck with actual magic classes. Unfortunately she couldn't do magic and felt like a big fraud at the lessons. Rosemarie had told the Professor that she was here for the Herbology, he didn't excuse her for his classes instead he wanted to see her after the lesson. With the pot of still growing bluebells in her hand she opened the door to Professor Kain's office. ''Hello Professor, you wanted to see me?'' Rose hoped this was going to be all about her being bad at all forms of magic and only good at herbology and thus they made a special program for Rose with only Herbology. That would be epic and maybe she could even speed up her Hogwarts career with that.

Progress was going well with Professor Kain's first years, at least for the most part. He'd had to add more chairs to the room to accommodate the bigger class size, and while it was hard to keep an eye on everyone at once, he did what he could to make sure that if a student needed some extra attention and assistance that he was there for them. The man looked up as one of the Hufflepuff's joined him in his office, and he smiled at Rosemary as she entered the room. "Hey! Yes," he began, moving in front of his desk to perch in front of it. "How are you finding Charms at the moment?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest. He liked to know whether his students were enjoying his lessons, but also whether if they didn't, whether that was because of how much success they were having.

Rosemarie was prepared for the Professor calling her a fraud. She wasn't prepared for the Professor asking her how she found the charms lessons so far. She could say she hated the lessons and she was here for only the Herbology aspect of Hogwarts. But it wasn't this Professor his fault he taught a magical subject that required wand use. ''I find it extremely difficult'' Rose shrugged ''I excel at Herbology and know tons about plants, but my magic just seems weak or non existent.'' She didn't want to come of as someone that didn't care. She did care about charms, but it just frustrated her to no end. ''I have tried to preform spells ever since the accident at my home, but every time I try a charm nothing really happens'' Making the rosebush grow to a gigantic version was pretty cool, but the only magic she had preformed after that incident was when she got her wand. A single bloom sprouted from her plant, but that was it. No light with lumos and nothing levitated when she tried Wingardium Leviosa.

Usually, Professor Kain would have thought a student wouldn't have given him much more than a shrug at his question, and so he found that as the Hufflepuff told him what exactly she was struggling with to be very helpful. He thought about her words for a moment, considering how to approach the subject. "Well there's no denying you do have the abilities, although it's up to you to harness it." he said eventually, moving round to the other side of his desk and offering Rosemarie a seat in front. "What do you enjoy most about Herbology?" Professor Kain didn't think it was that unusual, this was likely just a case of needing to view the classes in more of a balance. Perhaps Rosemarie was so good at Herbology that in comparison, nothing else quite came as close.

Rose found it odd that the Professor actually thought she possessed some abilities. She could do magic otherwise she couldn't pass through the magical wards, but her ability to preform actual magic was just very low. When the Professor offered the seat at the front of his desk she sat down. Maybe she could still convince him about her view on the Hogwarts curriculum. Rose didn't actually know how to respond to the Professor's first statement, the question after that was easy. ''That with love and care you can create new life.'' Rose spoke passionately. ''With effort and the right knowledge you can make plants grow and even grow food for people in need'' Rose paused ''All that from one seed.'' Rose loved Herbology and could go on for hours, she clutched her pot of bluebells tighter to her body and decided to add one more thing. ''Without plants and trees we couldn't breathe, Botany and Herbology is important'' Rose added to her why Herbology was amazing speech. Magic wasn't that important, the world would still go on without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back