The Ghost Writer

Alex Eidolon

OOC First Name
"Ghost"
Out of character, you can address me by one of two names: either Ghost, or Agenda. I go by both online and nothing else unless I know you personally... no offense.

To start, I have to say that I'm quite impressed with what I've stumbled across here while browsing around the Zathyus Network forums. As both a web and graphic designer and closet Harry Potter fan, I'm stunned at the excellent product on my computer screen and have absolutely no fusses about it whatsoever. I've seen many HP fan sites and role playing communities that have tried but miserably failed, and this one seems to stand above them all like a Spanish Conquistador. Bravo!

While the massive documentation provided is going to take a while for me to sort through and understand, you can definitely expect me to make an attempt at becoming involved with the role playing community here somehow, someway. I'm an avid role playing myself; a global moderator at an advanced writing community called FoG, technical adviser and theme developer of a vBulletin-powered board of similar subject matter, and former staff member of another. All in all, I have about eight years of experience in literate (to use your terminology) play-by-post role playing. On average, my posts are consist of anywhere from four to five paragraphs.

On a few personal notes; I'm a God-fearing man, older brother of two (and the oldest), a son, a writer, and a man in uniform currently serving my country. I've read every HP book, have watched every movie, and my grandmother used to visit my class in the fourth grade to read the all of the Sorcerer's Stone and about half of The Chamber of Secrets. I've never dressed up as a Wizard for fun as a kid, but I did take the cardboard tubes off of wire hangers to use as "wands" and drive my mother up the wall by yelling "Flipendo!" at her around every corner.

I go by Ghost over at FoG because my full username is actually The Ghost Writer. I tend to write as other "voices". Agenda was the username I mostly associated myself with before Ghost because I was always (and still am) a man with a plan.

So... Just one quick question before I get started. I noticed that in your documentation you make several references to the HPLexicon. I, however, have mostly used the Harry Potter Wiki hosted by Wikia. I find it has a plethora of articles with references to the entire official Harry Potter franchise (novels, prose pieces, games, and movies). While nothing should actually conflict with the HPLexicon (as far as I can tell), the wiki seems to hold more information and resources. Therefore, what are your (speaking to the admins here) opinions on me making such references to the Harry Potter Wiki in a few posts?

That is all. :cool:

Hi there Ghost. I'm Nick, one of the admin here. :) Welcome to HNZ!
I'm glad you like what you've seen so far. We're not as stringent (with regards to what is written etc.) as a lot of other roleplaying communities are (including, it seems, ones you're familiar with), but there are definitely people around who will roleplay at your level.

As to the HP Wiki v. Lexicon thing: I have found (and I know many others have) that the Wiki is generally less accurate/reliable than the lexicon. This is largely due to the fact that it's a wiki. I love wikis and open source things with communities developing sites - however, when you're looking for a fact and it's on a wiki that perhaps isn't as well policed as Wikipedia, they can sometimes prove quite unreliable. Additionally, HP Wiki seems to mix the canon. (What is suggested in the movies is just as true as what it told to us in the books, it often seems.) That's likely a side effect of novice editors who don't understand that, in universes like Harry Potter, original text comes well before anything a highly edited and removed movie churns out.
So we don't mind you using HP Wiki for things, no - to each their own: I just trust that you'll know what things are true and which things are still questionable (or just wrong). xD

I hope that helps. :)

I'll see you around the board!

Thanks for the welcome and information, Nicolas (through open and closed channels ;) ).

Welcome to HNZ :hug: I'm Eden as you can tell. Been on this site for three years. You seem like an awesome person. And hats off to you for being in the military. I was in myself and my husband still is. If you ever need someone to talk to for anything at all go ahead and send me a pm. Take care.

Welcome to HNZ, Ghost! I'm glad you've decided to join. I've been here for four years and it doesn't seem I'll be going anywhere anytime soon.

If you'd like to RP sometime, hit me up. I'll have a student during the coming IC year. I'm literate or semi literate depending on the RP (though I've always believed in quality writing vs. quantity writing.)

Welcome to the site!

My fiance is also in the Navy he is supposed to go to Europe for 6 months starting in January so I too, understand where you are coming from with that. Feel free to pm me (Main character Kiera Potter) if you ever need anything!

Kait

Hey there, welcome to HNZ! I'm Donna, one of the Global Mods here :) I love that you used a coat-hanger for a wand. I was always just original and found a stick haha. I know you'll enjoy yourself around here Ghost, and if you have any questions, feel free to flick me a PM :)

I feel very welcomed here. Thank you, everyone! :) It's also good to know that there are supporters on the home front here.

Welcome to the site! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back