Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png
It's two days late, but it's here so stop 'yer moanin' and the like! (Now I wish we still had that pirate emote! =[ )
This update for the bi-week is jam-packed-stuff-overflowing (select your adjective or hyphenate one of your own creation! ^_^ ) full of interesting things that have happened on HNZ as of late that you may or may not be aware of (though I would hope you're aware of most things - there are a few surprises hidden for you. ;) ).
So I hope you enjoy this general outline of what's happening, and I'll try to make it brief. ^_^

OOCUpdates.png

Default Post Styling Code!
The [member]Code CP[member] now has an additional feature in it! You can enable a code for default post styling, fill in the options as you prefer (including font, colour, italics, bold, big & small - as well as whether the post styling should be used in all posts, or only RP posts), and save your settings. From then on your posts will automatically have the starting of the proper BBCode tags in them when you begin. ^_^

Another Global Moderator Lurks the Board!
In a move that has been critically acclaimed to be "stunning" and "the decision of the century" - Donna has been promoted to our moderating team on HNZ. :)
Read more about how awesome Donna may or may not be, and congratulate her rise to fame in the official announcement. :)

Character Spotlight
In another highly acclaimed decision, Dannii Merrythought was chosen to receive the Character Spotlight.
Read the full announcement with links to her bio etc. here.

Birthday Celebrations: Kaput!
HNZ's sixth birthday celebrations have closed, but we'd like to thank everybody in the community who took part in any capacity at all. It was as fun as it's ever been, and I always enjoy reading people's HNZ memories from years gone by. So here's to the next year! :)

OOC Superlatives: RESULTS
The OOC Superlatives had their results announced recently! :o And, while the forum was closed with the Birthday Celebrations, you should still be able to view the results t check if you won that award you had your eye on via this link.
A giant thank you to all the members who helped make the superlatives happen flawlessly again this year. From everybody who nominated, voted, to Amanda who fearlessly compiled nominations and Patricia who braved the worst and tallied votes then posted results - thank you allll soo much. :) Truly super. ^_^

ICUpdates.png

Sorting & Transfers
Sorting and transferring are open for Y13! With that comes waiting on the old dusty sorting hat, and waiting on the old dusty admin with other applications. This is the busiest season on HNZ, so your patience is always appreciated - even if you're not getting any character sorted.
To view information on these processes, see the full announcement here.

Professor Hirings
HNZ is looking for a few good (wo)men to help fill the vacancies in Hogwart's staff team. To view all available positions please see the Professors Applications Forum.

HNZ Gets a New Headperson?
Along with hiring Professors, HNZ is looking for a person to fill the void of Headperson.
Applicants should be clearly devoted members of HNZ who feel they can take on the large responsibilities of being Headperson of the school (in character and out of character). The Headperson character should be extremely active, and arguably the roleplayer's main character. They will be expected to post roleplays when given access to school function forums and follow the direction of the administration as to school events.
If you're interested, or would like to learn more, please see this topic. :)

Break between Years - One Week Longer
We've extended the break between IC years from one week to two. This will allow more time for sorting and completing holiday RPs. If this goes well, it may become the new norm. ^_^ So if you love the change, make sure to let us know!

Accio! - HNZ's Yearbook
HNZ's annual yearbook has been released!
Y12's Yearbook (link) was once again masterfully crafted, and I'd like to take a second to thank everybody who made the yearbook team's job easier by getting in images on time etc. as well as the team (obviously) who crafted another great yearbook.

TTLFT.png

[ul][li]TONNES of Sorting</LI>
[li]More updates (some less obvious than others, of course)
[li]Getting used to Donna being all purpley
[li]A whole lot of changes in Hogwarts
[li]Monkeys on the moon? (Who knowwwss~?)
<LI>[li]A lot of fun and excitement![/li][/ul]
And that's it!
Woah, woah, woah. Hold up, Nick. WHERE ARE MY PLOT HIGHLIGHTS?! I NEED THEM!
That's a very good question. With only one plot to highlight this fortnight, they're not here. If you want a plot highlighted in the update, request it, and if we have a few of them we'll be sure they're in the next one!

As always, if you have any questions/comments/concerns, just post them up here. :)
Unlike the usual, why don't you also tell us what your favourite part of this update was? ^_^

Ciao!

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Staff Team)

Well done, Nick. Great update.

Another congrats to Donna become all purple. I love it. :hug: And well done Sammy for character spotlight :hug:
Also well done to all the peeps who got a superlative.

Can't wait for the next update :woot:

You missed your favorite part Livi <_< My favorite part was the purpleness and sorting! :frantics:

And you tin tin <_<
But thanks ;)

I liked Donna's Purpleness. :r

Just found out Libby made the Hufflepuff team then...I did not know that >> XD

Accio is once again amazing in all ways.

the year book is awsome. but i miss the plot highlights. It is the only time i have ever submitted one :cry:

Nice work Nick! :hug:
I love love love that new code too!

Great update Nick!

The yearbook looks awesome ( as usual) ^_^

Great job Nick. ^_^

Nice job on all the updates Nick! :hug: Accio was done beautifully so a big thanks from me to all the Accio staff.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back