Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curved 9 Inch Rigid Ebony Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
dowFh1q.gif

Hey all :hug:

Now that I am back from being away on a break, and I am surprisingly able to keep up with the few rps I have going, I have decided to finally start this topic to develop the Addams family inspired plot that's been stewing in my brain for many years.

This is very much inspired by the Addams family movies of the 90's in my initial ideas (if these are still on netflix 100% would recommend watching them for inspiration), but more recently has been influenced by the upcoming Wednesday Addams series on Netflix as well. I haven't seen the television show but I am sure it is equally as amazing. The family name is Vale, and I have made the Morticia of the family with Carine Vale (
click here for her bio), and Emzies has made the Gomez with Yves vale, and long story short is we need some other roleplayers to make and roleplay members of the family so their family can be whole!

The overall idea that is inspired by the Addams family is that the family are outcasts, but despite this love and support and are proud of what makes them unique. I love the humor of the 90's movies and the idea of the family supporting and embracing their weirdness so I would love for the family dynamics with these characters to lean into that. They don't necessarily need to be gothic/dark similar to the Addams family, but I am going down a darker vibe/aesthetic with Carine, so I am happy for anyone who wants to be part of this to lean into the family being dark as well if it's inspiring to you.

I think that is all I can think of for the introduction part of this post, so without further ado, move along to the spoilers to read through the premise and available roles for playing.

The basic idea of the family is they live in an old, seemingly decrepit farm house on the outskirts of a small town in rural New Zealand. The family has not and will never break the statute of secrecy but in saying this they definitely walk the fine line between maintaining the secrecy of magic and revealing it.

Their house can be seen with different colours of smoke coming out of the chimney, and is rumored to be haunted because of the noises that can be heard from the house throughout the day and night. They have taken in several unique regular animals and likely a few magical creatures that they can keep safely in their house or barn, and this and Carine's potion making and experiments are the reasons for the odd noises and chimney smoke.

In saying this, and how odd they are, around town they are known as the 'weird' family but the muggles do not question why they are so weird. They are viewed as the weird hippie family and the muggles believe that the weirdness is from the children and animals running rampant as opposed to anything magical. The family if ever questioned will likely make up a reason that is explainable to the muggles for their oddness, and they will never reveal their magical nature to a muggle.

Despite it all, at the core of it the family is entirely loving and supportive of each other and of everyone around them. They dare to be themselves and do not care about how odd the muggles think they are, and they embrace their 'weirdness'. There is some conflict between the Wednesday and Pugsley towards the Pubert at least when the Pubert is younger, but overall the family want whats best for each other.
Taken: The Gomez: Yves Vale.
Played by Emzies.

Taken: The Morticia: Carine Vale.
Played by Anna.

Available: The Fester:
Previously estranged brother to the Gomez. Dotes on his nieces and nephews and is the fun uncle.

Taken: The Wednesday: Astrea Vale.
Played by Donna. Eldest adopted daughter, to be sorted Y43.

Taken: The Pugsley: Osiris Vale.
Played by Kaitlyn. Second child, to be sorted Y45.

Taken: The Pubert: Ulric Vale.
Played by Kadi. The youngest, to be sorted Y50.

I just want this family I have thought about for so long to be real and actively rping, hence why I am finally posting this request. I care so much about this idea and I would love whoever wants to be part of the family and takes a character, to be just as inspired to write and develop the characters and care about them as much as I do. I want the family to be very active in rping with each other but also developed on their own, let's just go rp mad and write all the things with everyone, lets make this a fun collaborative family plot that we're all inspired and itching to write together! Let's make this something we all look forward to reading and writing and lets most importantly have fun!

If you're interested in playing any of the available roles please do not hesitate to post here or message me, and of course you're welcome to post and ask questions about the family if any parts of this topic aren't clear. I have left many aspects of it open so if anyone takes a role they can have a say in the character they are making and able to develop ideas that inspire them, but I am happy to answer general questions as best I can!

Last edited:
Anna!! I'm not super familiar with the Addams family but I do love a quirky and loving family haha.

I am a bit of a clown and booked myself fairly solid for future students but I could potentially take on The Pubert to be sorted Y49 or Y50 depending on how the rest of the sibling's ages shake out. I don't have any pb's in mind but thought I'd throw my hat in the ring so to speak!

I'd absolutely love to be a part of this. I can put my hand up for The Wednesday, and would be happy for next sorting, or the one after that if that suits everyone else better.

Ahhh oh my god I am so happy there's interest in this :hug: :wub:

@Professor Killian Borisyuk I love this for a pb, and I feel like that image is perfect because of the striped shirt. I imagine the Pugsley would be a year or two younger than the Wednesday depending on what is best for you.

@Poppy Perkins Eee yay I am happy you want to make the pubert. They are definitely the youngest and if you're not super familar with the addams family that's totally alright, the main thing is they are a bit odd and outcasts so anything in that realm is fitting. If you want inspiration i would definitely recommend the movies from the 90's on netflix ;)

@Analei Westwick EE yay again I am so happy you want to take the Wednesday!!

I am going to start a group PM with all of our mains so we can discuss in more detail!!

TOPIC CLOSED AND ARCHIVED

This roleplay development has been inactive for an extended period of time or is now completed.
Thank you for having used the plot development forum and feel free to create future threads in said forum.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back