Closed Terrible at Secrets

Linden started to sketch starting with a selection of squares on the page adding in the two characters starting with where Caspers comic had left off where he had his hand on Caspers chest putting colour into it. and then Casper offers him his heart. he then added the next scene where he gave his heart and gave it to Casper where their colours all mixed up into a rainbow of everything he paused for a few moments on the last frame before redrawing the previous frame closer up showing how when they were together the they were growing and the world was blooming. he then went back adding bits of detail and more colour "Okay cas you can look now" he whispered sweeping caspers hair out of his face not actually wanting to wake cas up. he summoned one of his textbooks over and started to read it one hand resting on his boyfriend protectively while he waited for cas to wake up.
3rfWMWO.jpg

Last edited:
Casper probably slept for a few hours. He didn't mean to, but Lin was comfortable and warm and Cas had been worn out. He wasn't sure what woke him up, but eventually he slowly came back around, yawning and blinking his eyes open. "Lin...?" He asked softly. Reluctantly, Cas sat up, stretching and running a hand through his messy hair. He turned bleary eyes to Linden, slowly processing where he was and what had happened.

Linden finished his charms reading. And his History of magic, he was half way through his herbology review when Casper finally started to stir. it had been a couple of hours since he had started the drawing and it was well and truly done. but cas had seemed so comfortable, so adorable that he hadn't wanted to move him or awake him. he had frozen a couple of times as people had left the room trying to decide what to say if anyone caught them. this was certainly pushing the limits of what they could palm off as being friends. thankfully the way the sofa was positioned anyone walking past the art room would have just seen him reading which while not at the usual place was by now not uncommon. he just hoped no-one came in. "See you Eugine" he replied as the boy left and "hey Renata, yes I think Sky is still in the music room" as another Hufflepuff entered.
Finally Casper shifted in a way that was waking up. "Hello Sleepyhead" he said cas sat up hair ruffled on one side and face groggily still from sleep. "did you sleep well?" he asked. as cas sat up and looked at him.

Casper started to lean in for a second but pulled back automatically, He rubbed his eyes instead, remembering their previous conversation and blushing. "Sorry," he yawned again. "I didn't mean to fall asleep. How long was I out?" He asked, giving Linden a shy smile. Casper was a bit more reserved again, his hands folded carefully in his lap, even going so far as to shift further away on the couch, giving Linden more room.

linden leaned towards cas as he leaned in for what he thought would be a kiss however when casper moved away lin struggled to suppress the disappointment from his face. "that's okay, you must have been tired. you slept for a couple of hours. it is dam near impossible to wake something cute that is sleeping on your lap so you're lucky"" he said winking. it seemed that was something cats and boyfriends had in common, they were damn near impossible to wake up if they fell asleep on you. which was something that lapis had done to him a few times, the first time he had been in the common room until two o'clock because he didn't want to move the cat to go to bed. "but it did give me time to finish the picture. do you want to see" he said. he was pleased with how it had come out. it wasn't anywhere near as good as Caspers level but he hoped that he had managed to get his point across with them giving each other the hearts.

Cas was surprised to see the disappointment in Lindens face. He was quiet a moment, slowly processing it. He hummed lightly at Lindens words, biting his lip a moment. "Of course I do," He murmured. He reached out again, a bit slowly, watching for Lindens reaction. "In a second," He breathed, scooting back closer. He leaned in, pausing just a touch away from the man, giving Linden the choice to either kiss him or pull away.

Linden smiled when cas said that he wanted to see his picture. He just reached to get it when cas said that he wanted to see it in a moment. He looked back at his man wanting to see what he meant as cas reached towards him leaning in lin reached for cas closing the small distance left between then and kissed him. A gentle but purposeful kiss that He hoped let cas know that this was what he wanted.

Casper melted into this kiss, bringing his hands up, one sliding into Lindens hair and the other resting on his neck. Cas sighed happily, cuddling into Lindens side. He forgot about the picture for a bit, too preoccupied in the kiss. Eventually, though, he had to break away, burying his face in Lindens neck as he caught his breath. He sighed again, unable to resist smiling. "I love you, Lin," he whispered, nuzzling in against the other man.

the world seemed to shrink until it was just the two of them. his mouth exploring Caspers lips. and caspers hands exploring his hair. his hand in caspers hair and the other around his waist. however long they were there it felt like seconds and eternity. eventually they broke apart casper placing his head against his neck and linden trying not to let it show too much that he was short on breath. he kissed caspers hair resting his lips there "I love you too casper" he breathed. lacing the fingers of his hand through caspers.

Casper smiled softly. This was nice. Really nice. He could get used to warmth like this. However long it lasted, anyway. At least he'd have memories like this to look back on. He sighed gently, shifting so he was more cuddled into Lindens side. "You wanted to show me something, sunshine?" He asked softly, trying to get one of Lindens arms around him so he could play with the mans fingers.

Linden felt cas snuggle against him and could t think of anywhere he would rather be right now. Not that he was trying to think of anywhere he would rather be when cas was snuggled up beside him. He hopped the arm holding Caspers hand around his shoulders and smiled as he reached for his drawing. oh yes. My end to your comic he said. Reaching over to the table and picking up the page. im afraid my drawing isn’t great he said passing it to cas face down before looking at him to see his reaction.

Casper smiled fondly, taking the page and pressing a kiss to Lindens jaw. "I'm sure it's perfect," he countered easily, leaning into Linden as he turned his attention to the page. Cas felt oddly nervous, biting his lip as he gingerly flipped the page over. His breath caught and his eyes filled with tears. "Lin..." He breathed, his eyes drifting from panel to panel. Cas had no words, and shifted, carefully placing the page back on the table before turning and climbing into Lindens lap, hugging the man tightly and hiding his face in the man's neck.

Linden watched with bated breath as casper turned over the paper what would casper think of the drawing, of the story. was it clear? he watched caspers eyes flick across the page readingthe two rows of pictures. and watched as they slowly filled with tears. "cas?" he asked as if trying to bring the boy back from some kind of trance. it was then that he heard his name as though it was stuck in caspers luncs waiting to get out. before casper climbed onto his lap and held him. he healed him back so they were sitting chest to chaest cheek to cheek. "if my drawings that bad that it makes you cry. make sure you are never around me for karaoke. he teased gently as he held his man.

Cas let out a breathless laugh, shaking his head and squeezing Linden tighter. "What, no serenades?" He countered, letting out a shaky sigh. He nuzzled into Linden, perfectly content to stay there forever. He'd all but forgotten that they were in public- and that they were supposed to be secret. He pressed soft kisses to Lindens cheek, lost in the moment.

Linden smiled as he felt cas laugh "no, not if i actually want you to like me" he said. kissing Casper lightly in front of his ear before he felt the flutter of Casper's kisses down the side of his face sending a shiver down his spine and sparkles spread across his skin. "Sooo, do you like the ending?" he asked his tone as smooth and seductive as he could make it. before leaning in and kissing Casper's neck.

Renata hadn't paid too much mind when she'd first seen Linden (and the sleeping Casper) in the arts room when she'd come in before, looking for some inspiration. It probably helped that she was focused more on her vaguely futile attempts to find something she was good at, as evidenced by the box of stuff she currently held. It had a bit of everything in it - a tambourine, pencils, paper, some clay she was practicing her icing modelling with, though she felt a little embarrassed about the whole thing while hanging out with Sky. Sky was so creative and talented, and Renata couldn't help but feel both awed and inadequate at the same time.

She quietly hummed a song, though she quickly stopped when she realized it was terribly off key, and pushed open the door to the arts room, holding it open for Sky to follow her in. "I wonder what they're serving for dinner tonight," Renata asked, idly wondering, as she was starting to get hungry. "I kind of hope they have fi-" she started, before her eyes saw the couple on the couch, and she cut herself off with an awkward squeak. It seemed like Linden and Casper were still here...and in quite the intimate moment. She dropped the box in surprise, it making a rather loud clattering noise with the ringing sounds of cymbals from the tambourine. She gawked for a second before hurriedly looking away, her face reddening at the sight. They were fully making out! "Ohhhh dio mio," she eventually spluttered, embarrassed. "I am so sorry, we didn't, uh, um, think anyone would be in here, and I...I...I...am totally interrupting."

Casper bolted off of Lindens lap, startled by the loud clatter. He hit the floor in an instant, landing too hard and knocking his head. He winced, his face burning, and cussed quietly under his breath. He didn't know why, but he was suddenly scared. They'd been caught. In public. What had he been thinking? Linden wouldn't want anyone to know, Linden wouldn't want anyone seeing him with someone like Casper. He lay there a moment, frozen, panicking and unsure what to do next or how to talk his way out of this.

Sky had been in the music room all afternoon. the arts club had a presentation on and she really wanted to learn several normal songs. she had har sheet music out and was practising working hard to remember them. she had been fairly close when Renata had swung by and they had spent some time together just chatting and jamming, playing different things. flitting between instruments and art forms like a bee between flowers. it was sort of a shame how much Renata liked art and how little she thought of her skills. As far as sky was concerned the only way one could be bad at art was if one didn't ave the passion. music was a bit different you needed the technical skills to manage an instrument. but that was just time and practice. the art was the music. "let me get the door. or at least carry something you are going to drop it" she said as she made her way down the corridor towards the art room. however, Renata got there first asking about dinner. "I hope they have that grilled sal" she said.
A crash echoed as Renata dropped the box. "I said you would drop..." she trailed off as she saw what Renata had seen. Casper was in there and he was not alone, defiantly not alone, Linden was also there and it was clear that they were, close, the two boys were clearly enjoying a private moment. her eyes widened in surprise and shock. she should look away. but here eyes seemed to be drawn to them.
a second crash brought her to her sences. As cas fell off the sofa onto the floor. she looked back from the boys to Renata not sure what she should make of the situation at all. "w-we were just going to get some pastels" she stammered. ducking down to start picking up the things that had spilled out or renatas box to hide her embarrassment. looking at her friend to see how she reacted to seeing the two BOYS kissing.

Linden did not get an answer from his questions for as soon as they were out of his mouth a sequence of events happened all in a row. the door opened and a loud clattering crash echoed off the walls. just as that died down it was followed by another crash as cas fell off the sofa and hit his head, he was unsure if it was against the table or the floor but it seemed to make a terribly loud noise. then came the voices from the girls who had walked in and seen them. he recognised them one was renata from the quidditch team and the other was sky, a girl who always seemed to be in the music rooms. he had forgotten that they had been in there. "Renata, Sky" he stuttered looking at them before moving off the chair and kneeling next to cas "Cas, are you okay?" he said stroking his hair out of his face and gently kissing his forehead.

Renata was trying to be good and quickly pack things up to scamper out of there. Really. She was also fourteen and had an interest in gossip and the goings on of other people. And though she had very little interest in romance herself beyond the vague idea that she'd like to experience it eventually, she had to admit a mild curiosity about how long these two had been together, and that it seemed kind of sweet. If maybe a bit more spicy than sweet at the moment. This was of course all tinged with the fear that she'd done something horribly wrong by walking in on them and she would get booted from both the arts club and the Quidditch team for it. Somehow.

She couldn't help but let out a tiny "aww," when she saw Linden go to comfort Casper out of the corner of her eye, shutting her mouth hurriedly except to summon over the last tube of glitter. Renata was very thankful the lid had been very tightly screwed on. It was clear these two liked each other a lot, well that they were attracted to each other was obvious but the keeper's reaction suggested more of a genuine care, otherwise he would've probably run off. Renata pulled herself upright, dusting off her legs and bending over to pick the box back up, looking pointedly at Sky to not stare at the boys and make things far more awkward. "Sorry, we'll...come back later, maybe." Or they could never go back to the arts room again. That could happen. "Um...have fun!" She squeaked, turning to leave and almost dropping the box again out of nerves, actually able to hold it in place by lifting a knee and adjusting her grip. At least Quidditch helped her balance better.

Casper was absolutely mortified. He jerked upright, accidentally knocking into Linden in the process. "Sh*t! I'm sorry," He squeaked, his hands automatically shooting out to grasp at Linden before he scrambled away again, blushing furiously. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he managed, burying his face in his hands. He didn't know who he was apologizing to, Linden or the girls, but he meant it.

Lin reeled back as cas head butted him in the jaw as he sat up. He swilled his tongue around his mouth there was a slight metallic taste of blood. “No stress” he said as his man grabbed towards him before moving away. He didn’t mind the girls there watching him. Cas was his priority. Not them. hey cas. It’s okay, you’re okay he said calmly He held cas against him and gently stroked his hair before looking over at them. He was glad to see that they had cleared up most of the mess. go get the pastels they are in the draw over there he said gesturing to the draws in the other side of the room. no, it’s not your fault. We should have been more careful. he said giving cas a squeeze.
He noticed the girls getting ready to go hey, guys. Would it be okay if you didn’t tell anyone about this. There are a few people we should tell before it comes public knowledge” he said

Soon almost all the items were in the box again. Sky looked at renata as she made a aww noise before following her gaze towards the boys. They did look cute linden holding Casper. She looked back at renata the corners of her mouth twitching up. She wasn’t entirely sure why but she was particularly happy that she seemed to think the boys looked sweet.
talking from the other side of the room reminded her why she had come in here to begin with. She got to her feet and quickly made herself towards the draw that the keeper was gesturing to and took a box not checking if it was full or if they were a good mix of colours. By this time renata was ready to go. She put the box inside the big box just as linden spoke again. Asking to keep what they had seen a secret. She blushed slightly. Wondering what kind of relationship required you to keep quiet. And who needed to be told first. She hoped that they weren’t in any kind of trouble. Both boys were nice and she knew that sometimes people who were gay got into trouble for being who they were but she thought that had been in the past. Not now. She wondered if she would ever be in trouble for being whoever she thought she may be. She glanced at renata. ”I won’t tell anyone” she said watching linden holding Casper. Before making her way towards the door and opening it for renata so she wouldn’t drop the box again.

Renata froze a second as Linden was going to ask them something, irrationally fearing that they were about to be threatened over what they saw. Which made absolutely no sense to even think about, but sometimes Renata's brain jumped to the worst possible conclusion. First and second year had been rough. At least her tensed arms were able to hold everything in place, this time. Quietly she thought if she wanted to kiss someone, she'd probably pick somewhere that was less likely to be walked in on. Not that that was much of a worry. Her mother had been the one to amass admirers, and it was a well established fact that Renata was inferior to her mother in every way.

She barely held back an obvious sigh of relief when instead they just asked the pair of them not to tell anyone. Renata may have liked gossip, but she was earnest, and not at all inclined to go out of her way to stab people in the back. She'd failed her family name simply by virtue of being nice, as it was. So all she could do was slowly nod, hoping her face stopped being so red. She wasn't the one who should be embarrassed. She'd seen far worse, after all. But she supposed it was because she actually kind of knew these boys, that it felt like she'd seen something she really wasn't meant to. Especially as it was a secret. "I won't tell," she finally added, turning back to give a smile and at least trying to meet Linden's eyes as a show of sincerity, especially as she didn't think Casper would look at them. "You have my word." She turned back to the door, thanking Sky for holding it for her and made her way out, waiting to get far enough away out of earshot to let out a mildly bewildered giggle.

Cas couldn't help but hide his face in Lindens neck. He knew somewhere in the back of his mind that he was going to hear about this from Sky sooner rather than later. He let out a heavy sigh as the girls disappeared again, peeking up at Linden. "Are you okay?" He asked softly, reaching up hesitantly to press the very tips of his fingers as lightly as he could to Lindens jaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back