Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Xavier 💕
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
It was the end of the first day back from the holidays and Alexis decided to take a break at the courtyard before dinner. She had her notepad and pen with her and was penning some notes for the rose deliveries. She had some to send while she signed up to deliver them. It had been a kind of commitment for her. With Xavier in the common room, the prefect found the perfect timing to complete the notes. She could not finish them up in the common room where other students might even take a peek. Tapping the pen against the paper, she pondered what she wanted to write for her boyfriend when a friendly face approached her.

The best thing about Hogwarts, besides the whole magic thing, was definitely the castle grounds. The castle itself was pretty cool, but Sully loved being outside, taking the chance after dinner for a quick detour in the courtyard before going upstairs. Enjoying the Summer air, Sully stepped across the courtyard, trying to avoid cracks in the stones with careful steps when he spotted Alexis sitting nearby. He increased his speed, hopping in a few places on the stones before coming to an unsteady stop in front of her. "Alexis! What are you writing?" He asked, peering at her notes. Sully had seen some stuff about Alexis in the paper before the holidays and it hadn't seemed very promising for her and his buddy Joshua. Maybe she had managed to work out whatever relationship drama she had over the holidays and was writing him a love letter or something now.

Sully approached with a cheerful skip to his step. Alexis smiled at the young boy. Both of them delivered roses and it was a coincidence when he delivered her rose and photo to Joshua. She wondered if that would happen again, given that the pair was not in good terms. Again. Tapping the spot next to her, she chuckled at his question. "Sully! No peeking!", she teased. She closed the notebook before she answered him. "I'm writing the notes for the roses I am going to send." This reminded the Ravenclaw to send one for the Gryffindor beside her. "How's your first day of the second semester? Having fun?", she asked him.

Sully dropped down next to Alexis, frowning when she wouldn't let him peek at what she was writing. "Aw, no fun," He said, pointedly looking around the courtyard, peering at Alexis from the corner of his eye. "Who are you writing them for?" He asked innocently. "School is school," he said with a shrug. He was looking forward to rose deliveries this year, they had been fun last year, and Sully was already ready to sign back up. "I'm gonna deliver them again this year, maybe I'll get one of yours again." Sully said, taking a moment to stretch and peek at Alexis' notes again to see if she'd actually written any names yet.

Alexis chuckled at Sully's frown. Shaking her head,she replied with a wink. "Some friends. There might be one for you." There was no excitement over the first few weeks back of course. "I'm delivering them too.", in reply to his statement. When he said he might deliver another one of hers, she laughed. "I'm sure you will. I have lots to give this year." She was just hoping he would not get one for Joshua.

Sully grinned, turning more towards Alexis when she said she might send him a rose as well. "Careful, aye, people might think we're in love," He said jokingly. "You do that flower club stuff as well, right? I just like having an excuse to run around the school," Sully said, offering Alexis a high five when she mentioned she'd be delivering as well. Sully wasn't interested in joining the flower club thing, but he liked getting into the spirit of it all still. "Oh, are you sending one to Joshua again this year?" He asked, doing his best to try and wiggle his eyebrows along with the question.

Alexis laughed at Sully's pun. Returning his high five, she felt more at ease with the Gryffindor. "Yep. Wild Patch Club. Among many others.", referring to the sisterhood where she was the secretady and the Quidditch team where she was the seeker. Leaning back, Alexis was about to encourage him to join when he was on the subject of roses again, this time asking about a rose for Joshua. Her smile slightly faded as she pondered the question. "Well, it has become my thing to send him some. So, yes. He'll get a rose.", she replied with a smile, although it might be noticeable that it did not reach her eyes.

"What colour rose this time?" Sully asked, curiously. He'd become a bit invested with Alexis and Joshua after offering Joshua some excellent advice last year, he needed to know how it was all going to play out. "Cause I read in the paper that there might be some other roses you're sending to people, you know?" Sully asked, aiming for casual and missing by several feet. He didn't care if Alexis had a lot of boyfriends or whatever, but he still wanted to look out for Joshua now. After he'd told him Alexis was into him, and he wanted to be right.

Alexis wiggled her brows playfully. "Now, now. It won't be a surprise if I tell you, will it?", she countered. All she had to do was hope against all odds, if Sully were to deliver a rose to Josh, it would be yellow. It seemed like the boy had misunderstood their friendship because of the rose colors. Now, she was even thinking that Josh might have misunderstood it as well. It couldn't be. Josh just wanted to be sure over something. She gave the boy a smile. "It'll still be the same. He's my best friend after all.", she replied, more like reassuring herself than answering Sully. He did not need to know that she was planning of giving more than usual. And even asking Kauri a special request about it. "Of course, I have lots of roses to send. Friends, Josh, Xav. Maybe you.", she teased.

"Aw, no fun," Sully said when Alexis held out on him. With his sister, he usually just pestered her until she told him stuff, but Sully wasn't sure if that would fly with someone he wasn't related to. Besides, his sister wasn't able to jinx him if he got too nosy either, which Alexis definitely could. "Just your best friend?" Sully asked pointedly. "Who's Xav?" He asked, grinning when Alexis mentioned again she might also send him one.

Alexis chuckled. She knew Sully would not give up, however, she found him adorable. "Just hope you'll get to deliver so you'll know.", she said as she playfully nudged him. She sighed when their topic was Joshua and their friendship. "Yes, just best friends.", she chuckled. "What's with the emphasis of that word? Don't get any ideas, young man." She wondered if she should tell Sully about it. Well, if it came up. "Xav? He's my boyfriend. He's in Hufflepuff.", she smiled just at the mere mention of his name. Three years still made her heart raced.

Sully gave Alexis a determined nod, though he suspected some of his seriousness was lost to the persistent grin. He did hope he'd get some fun roses to deliver this year, especially if they were one of Alexis' ones. "Who's getting ideas, it's pretty clear you guys are smitten or whatever," He said with a shrug. Alexis had sent Joshua a pink rose last year with a photo of them, it didn't take a detective to figure that one out. "Wait, you have a boyfriend?? Poor Joshua.." Sully said with a dramatic sigh. Maybe it was a bit more complicated then. Sully wondered who this Xav guy was.

Alexis chuckled, even more, when Sully tried to feign seriousness. "Smitten?! We just care for each other. That time we had a fight over something dumb." She closed her notebook with finality. She knew with Sully around, writing would be pointless and she was already enjoying his company. Asked about having a boyfriend, she nodded. "Poor Joshua? Josh knew him. We're classmates of course." Poor Joshua. The words rang in her mind. She then sighed. Fidgeting her fingers, she sighed once more. "Sully, have you read HM?", she asked. The boy was smart enough to know what she was talking about.

Sully raised an eyebrow at Alexis' protest, but decided to let it slide. She and Joshua clearly just hadn't figured out they were supposed to be together, and apparently Alexis had another boyfriend so the whole thing was a bit more messy than Sully could handle. He'd never even tried asking someone out yet. Though if he did he'd clearly be way better at it then Alexis. "Yeah, he knew, and you sent him pink roses anyway," Sully said, scrunching up his face. That had to be confusing.
He nodded at Alexis' question, knowing probably why she was asking as well. "There was some article in there about you and multiple boys, right? Is that because you've got a boyfriend already then?" Sully said, kicking his feet against the bench they were sitting on. He didn't want to judge, but it did kinda sound like Alexis was getting mixed up in some messy things.

Alexis sighed, almost sounding exasperated. She turned to look at Sully. "I sent him a yellow rose because he is a friend. The pink one just changes the meaning of friendship. Since he is my best friend since sorting.", she carefully explained. "I always send him those two coloured roses. You just happened to send that special one because we had a fight before that.", she added.
When Sully mentioned the article, she slowly nodded. "Multiple boys made it sound nasty.", she laughed. Leaning on the bench, she looked up the sky. "Xavier and I have been dating since our third year but friends since sorting just like Josh. The other boy mentioned was Kace. And it was just a simple, brief crush.", she said. "I guess... Some people only like to believe what they see. Even when there is more to the story." She suddenly felt sad just thinking about the past events that led to that article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back