Terrell Foley

Happy Farmer | Foodie

OOC First Name
Verity
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
If there was anything that reminded Terrell of home more than banana poop (mushed banana with double cream and nutella), it was the beautiful NZ sunsets. Sitting in the fields while the sun went down was a firm favourite for Terrell back home. As active as he liked to be, sometimes it was nice to just stop and watch the day draw to a quiet close and enjoy those simple moments for what they were. Feeling homesick, and a little lonely, Terrell was out late, sitting on the grass at Hogwarts, watching the disappearing sun fall beneath the horizon line following a near cloudless day. It was getting late and the air felt chilly but he didn't want to move until the sun had completely vanished from view.

Judging by Harper's behavior, one wouldn't know that Hogwarts lacked a football team. She had kept up her old training regime ever since coming to Hogwarts, which meant regular runs and drills with her football. Even though she couldn't play during the school year, she had to remain prepared for the summer, when she'd be able to play again. Her team had just barely lost the championship this past summer, and they were determined to win it next year. Harper faced an uphill battle since unlike her teammates, she couldn't play during the school year. As a result, she had doubled down on conditioning and drills she could do by herself in the hopes it would make up for the in-game practice she would lack.

Uncharacteristically, Harper had slept in this morning, which is why she found herself making up her early morning run now at sunset, when the sun's rays were less harsh. She had already done several laps around the school's grounds, alternating between a steady jog and faster sprints. It was a shame that there were no distance markers and the GPS on her phone wasn't working, so she'd had to make do with just timing her workouts. She was almost done for today though and was just finishing up a couple of cool-down laps around the castle.

The first time she passed through the Great Lawn, she noticed a boy who she thought she recognized from one of her classes sitting alone in the grass. The lawn was nearly empty as the temperature was dropping rapidly, making his presence even more curious. He seemed to be staring at something, but Harper couldn't see anything interesting nearby. She turned her attention back to her cool-down and rounded the castle again.

By the time she made it back to the Great Lawn, the boy was still there and still staring out into the distance. Harper hesitated before glancing at her watch. She'd walked long enough, and she could feel her heartbeat returning to normal. Plus, she didn't have anything scheduled for tonight, and there was still some time before dinner. Her curiosity getting the better of her, Harper walked a ways toward the boy before calling out, "What are you looking at?" They were just about the only ones outside, so she figured he would know she was talking to him.

Aaaaaand gone. The last tiny flicker of light fell behind the horizon. It was then that one of his housemates approached to ask what he had been looking at. "Oh, the sunset, but it's gone now." He replied. "Have you been running?" He asked, she looked like she'd been running, Terrell was very observant and could tell these things.

"Yup," Harper replied simply when he asked if she'd been running. It was a bit awkward talking to him while he sat and she stood, so she flopped down on the ground, careful to maintain some distance from him in case she smelled after her run. She didn't bother asking permission since there was a good chance he'd leave soon now that the sunset was over. And if he stayed, well, that was also fine since she was always happy to meet someone new.

Harper turned her gaze toward the pink horizon, where the sun had been just a moment ago. "I always liked sunrises better myself," she said almost absentmindedly, sweeping a sweaty strand of hair behind her ear. Focusing her attention back at the boy, she asked, "Wouldn't the view be better in one of the castle towers?" It'd be warmer too. Winter might be over, but it was still early spring, and the temperatures remained frustratingly low. But for now, she was enjoying the chilly air. It soothed her flushed skin. Running her fingers through the grass, Harper laid down and sighed with relief at the feel of cool grass on her neck and arms. She probably looked ridiculous, like she was making snow angels in the grass, but she didn't care.

She had a point, sunsets were amazing from the towers, he was happy to have the company down here though. "Yeah the views are incredible up there but it was warm enough to sit out tonight." He shivered, "Well it was until the sun set." He smiled at her, she was in the same house as him. "I've seen you around before, I'm Terrell. What's your name?"

The boy must have been really committed to seeing the sunset if he had decided to stay out here rather than take the time to make his way up to the towers, Harper thought. Still, as the edges of the sky deepened into a dark purple, she had to admit that the view down here wasn't that bad either. "I can't wait until it's summer, and it's warm all the time." Yes, the hot weather sometimes made running brutal, but she'd rather be hot than freeze. Plus, summers in New Zealand generally tended to be rather mild, so she really didn't have that much to complain about.

At the boy's question, she rolled over onto her stomach so she could see him better. "I'm Harper," she said, returning his smile. She paused, staring at him, as she tried to place him. "You're also a first year Gryffindor, right? I think I've seen you in some of my classes." There were so many people in her year, and Harper found herself meeting new people every day. At her old school, she had known just about everyone there. She wondered if she'd ever reach that level of familiarity with her Hogwarts classmates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back