Sunset

Nina shook her head and said, "Oh I think that would be painfully dull. To only have one extreme your whole life. Sure the lack of stress would be nice, but we are only 15, what stress do we have other than like classes, family, friends and boys and in your case girls?" Nina stressed family because she was having a lot of fmaily problems with her baby brother and missed him terribly and hadn't even met him before.

Alex listened as she said it would be boring. He listened to he rlist she gave him and Alex looked at the water solely now, looking away from her face. '14 actually. And there a loads of things to stress about Nina. Just maybe not in your world,'Alex said truthfully. 'How is your family then?'he asked Nina, never having asked her that before.

"14 then," Nina said, she didn't know Alex was younger than her, she honestly never knew to ask. "Erm my family is well, not good." Nina admited, she didn't like this hold Alex had on her. "It isn't completly aweful or anything, but still not good." Nina said sighing. "What about you? How is your family?" Nina asked hoping to switch to heat off of her family, she knew she would start to cry for her baby brother and she wanted to stay as strong as she could for them.

Ale looekd up at her smiling warmly. He felt sorry for her, having to have family problems. 'Sorry,'he said smiling. 'Haden's fine, last time he sent a letter anyway'Alex said before smiling wider. 'You never said before, you have a brother don't you?'Alex asked guessing.

"Thats good. Have you written him back?" Nina asked smiling then asked curiously, "Have you written your parents at all since you've been here?"

Nina nodded proudly and said, "Darcy, is only a couple months old." Nina smiled, she was quite proud of Darcy.

'Yeah.I wrote back to him'Alex said smiling before smiling widely. 'Congratualtions. You look so proud but then again, I would if I had a baby brother .'he said truthfully.

"Thats good, what about your parents?" Nina asked, figuring he hadn't heard her question.

"I am proud of Darcy, but I am really worried about him." Nina said honestly.

'Who wouldn't be Nina. You're not there for him right now, and you feel helpless because you're not.'Alex said not answering the parents question.
'And about my parents well, I can't really explain that. it's a long story. Let's just say, my dads dead and my ma's scarperred off. I think Haden said she died, not sure,'Alex saying finally. It was the first time he mentioned his ma to anyone else but Haden but right now, Alex didn't care what anyone else thought. It was normal.

Nina's mouth almost dropped to the floor and Nina hugged Alex to try and comfort him, "I'm sorry." Nina whispered into his ear. Nina kissed his cheek, thankful that he confided in her, now understanding why he had gotten so frustrated before. Nina rubbed his back soothingly.

Alex wondered why she was trying to comfort him. He took her hands and held them together. 'Don't be sorry please. I never knew them well enough to care and like I said, it's a long story that I'd rather not talk about.'he said honestly, his face still confused but he was smiling.

Nina nodded, she understood, now and she felt bad for being so upset about Darcy when Alex didn't have his parents at all. "Okay." Nina said quietly, unsure of what else to say. Nina smiled weakly and looked into his eyes.

Alex beamed. 'Thanks,'he replied. 'So, how come they decided to call your brother Darcy?'Alex asked just out of curiousity.

"I don't know Mum just thought he was a Darcy." Nina said warmly.

''Oh, ok,'Alex said smiling. He never really undetstood why people were given the names they got though there was really wasn't anything special about it of course. 'And you were fine with that?'

"Course, I just wish I met him. And he was well." Nina said honestly. Alex had just shared something huge with her, the least she could do is tell him how sick she believed her little brother, that she cared for more than anything, was.

Alex noticed ehr used of past tense and was confused a bit. 'What do you mean 'Was well?'he asked her just to make sure he wasn't mis hearing things.

"Darcy is extreamly sick. He is only three months old and he has grown to the height of a two year old and has a really bad fever, he has had it for a while. I spoke to Professor Davis and she thinks he might be a Metamorphagi or maybe a Werewolf." Nina said uncomfortably on the last few words, she wished more than anything Darcy was a muggle like her parents.

'Oh, oh dear. You sure it isn't just ageing problem some poeple have where you know, a person's body exceeds the brain age. I can't rember what you call it though,'Alex said trying to remeber. He had seen it before but then it was very rare back then.

Nina shrugged looking defeated, there was no way to help her family. At least not while she was here. "I would prefer that to be the circumstances." Nina said truthfully.

'That's not exactly true is it? You'd prefer it if he was a noral baby for his age,'Alex corrected her nicely, smiling. Alex gave her a hug. 'It's all done for reason you know'

Nina melted in his arms as he hugged her. "I know," Nina said a little dazed. Nina held on to him, not wanting to let go of his hug and titled her head up so she could look into his eyes.

Alex smiled warmly, looking into her eyes back. He liked this moment. it was peaceful, in his hectic mind.

Nina returned Alex's warm smile then looked over the water peacefully. Nina had forgotten all of her problems and worries and was finally at peace with everything, even though this peace would only be for a moment.

Alex smiled looking over to the water as well. he move dhis feet in time with the waves before smiling thinking the water was actually warm when you got used ot it. He looked at Nina before the water and splashed some on Nina smiling widely.

Nina was surprised when Alex splashed her. Then Nina splashed him back playfully then smiled cutely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back