Sunset

Alex Cullen

Wand
Rowan Wood 12"1/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Alex smiled and walked with Nina. 'That was ok wasn't it? I mean, the rumours that go round, it wasn't that bad eh?'Alex said smiling. He looked at the lake finding it looked just like a fairytale with the sun going red on the ripples. 'It's beatiful,'he whispered smiling lovingly, a smile that he hadn't made before.

Nina smiled and said honestly, "Not exactly what I was expecting." Then she looked over at the sunset on the water and saw the red and the pinks and the purples and the blue in the sky as the sen was setting and she smiled and then heard Alex, whisper, "It's beautiful." and Nina nodded then looked up at Alex and saw that his smile looked different, almost foriegn. But Nina smiled and hugged him nonethe less.

Alex smiled and felt Nina hug him. He zoned back in and wrapped his arm round her back. 'Race you to the edge?'he asked jokingly.

Nina looked up at him with wide eyes. "Not particularly but you can run if you like Alex," Nina joked back hoping he didn't want to run. Nina then released her grip on Alex then held his hand that was warm compared to her cold, small hands.

Alex smiled. 'Oh, ok,'he said bwalking next to her a chill running through his body slightly as he noticed how cold her hands were. A suddent thought went trhough him and he thuoght it would be quite funny. 'You won't mind then if I do this then?'he said before picking her up, one arm under her knees and the othe ron her back. He ran to the edge of the lak in less than a minute, smoothly and gently and placed her back down, smiling.

Nina looked at Alex before he picked her up and she screamed then started to laugh when she realized what he had just done. Nina looked at Alex as he was carrying her and she wrapped her arms around his neck and barried her face in his chest and when he put her down Nina smiled, her hands were still around his neck and she brought them down so she didn't have to reach up anymore. Then Nina wrapped her arms delicatly around his stomach and smiled.

Alex smiled before rollig his eyes. 'You're feeling very hyper today then,'Alex commented, remebering the day they had at the lake ebfore.

"Course." Nina said smiling, then she let go of Alex and took her shoes off and sat down putting her feet in the water hesistantly.

Alex smiled and sat down on the grass next to her. 'It's a bit cold for that don't you think?'he asked confused but kicked his shoes off and put his feet in the lake as well. He shivered for a second before relaxing, getting used to the heat.

"Oh its not so bad the other day I went swimming." Nina said happily. When Alex was sitting next to her she reached for his hand once again.

Alex smiled befor realizing she had been swimmig in it. 'You went swimming in there? Do you know how dangerous that could of been?'He said worringl before realizing he was probably making a scene and shut up.

"Relax Mr. Saftey. I was fine, you don't have to worry, promise." Nina said playfully at first then got a little more serious to let Alex know nothing would ever happen to her. Nina smiled lovingly and asked, "Have you ever swam in the lake back home?"

Alex bit his lip. 'That's got nothing to do wiith this. Completely different'he said seriously before smiling. 'Course.Yeah, I've swum there. You?'

Nina bit her lip and then smiled widely when she saw Alex smile. "Only once or twice." Nina said honestly, she was always a little scared that the merpeople would get a little angry. "Erm Alex what did you mean when you said, "'That's got nothing to do wiith this?"" Nina asked curiously, she wanted to clarify.

Alex shrugged. 'I don't know. It just slipped out,'Alex said honestly. He had no idea why he had said that. He smiled.

Nina smiled warmly, unsure of what else to say. But this silence was comfortable, not awkward in the least, Nina gazed over to the lake, she had never gone to the lake during the Sunset, the thought never came to her mind. Nina smiled at this moment, it felt like everything was at peace.

Alex smiled and just moved his feet up and down in the water a she looked out. He smiled, thinking of something to say as the silence grew. He didn't like silences much. It reminded him too much of his care home, his endless nights in the attic for misbehaving. He zoned out thinking of this, not realizing that emotions might of been playing across his face or not.

Nina looked over to Alex he looked frustrated. So much for my moment of peace, Nina thought to herself. Nina stroked his face soothingly and said, "Whats wrong Alex?" Nina looked into his eyes unsure why he seemed so upset and wished he would share it with her, Nina wanted to help make him happier desperately.

Alex felt something on his face and zoned back in immeadiately. He looked at nina smiling. 'Nothing.just zoned out for a minute there. Sorry,'he apologized, wondering what had happened while he had zoned out. He smiled, waiting for her to say something.

Nina frowned she knew Alex was lieing to her and wondered why he would need to. Nina sighed sadly, hoping Alex would trust her. Then after a second of silence Nina said, "Alex why are you lieing to me?"

Alex frowned inc onfusion. 'But I did zone out.'he said truthfully confused. 'And anyway, some things are better untold,'he said smiling weakly before looking away from her eyes.

Nina sighed and said, "Okay." She was still worried but figured Alex would come to her if he needed her, which she hoped he would come to her. Nina loosened her grip on his hand a little but was barely holding it, she didn't feel comfortable because he obviously didn't. Nina looked over the water, angry with herself for liking someone that couldn't share anything with her.

Alex senses Nina wasn't quite as happy again and it was his fault. Alex bit his lip and wondered why he never told anyone about his past. Obviously, he was ashamed of it but still, about 1 million children ahd the same kind of backgrounds. It wasn't like he was the only one, was he? He looked at the ripples of water, moving back and forth. 'What do you think it would be like to be water?'he asked smiling.

Nina turned slowly as Alex spoke and looked into his black eyes, suddenly she didn't feel the same thing as she did in the forest, she felt distance and coldness. Nina shuddered at the thought of Alex acting this way to anyone. Nina smiled weakly and said, "I am sure you could experience that if you wanted."

Alex smiled. 'No, I mean to have one purpose in life. It would be so simple wouldn't it? Just the one thing to follow and nothing else to worry about'Alex said smiling still. He wondered about that, thinking how life would be if it was like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back