Closed Sunset Dreams

Olivia’s eyes widened with excitement when Lou explained what he did. Then she turned to Erik, raising her brow. “So that’s why your orders are few and far between now?” she asked, with mock hurt. She was obviously teasing him. Laughing, she looked back at Lou. “Pleasure to meet you. I’m also a Herbologist. Small-scale, I opened my business about two years ago now.” And business was doing very, very well, although she didn’t mention that. No use riling up a potential competitor. Even though most local Herbologists didn’t seem to have that type of attitude anyway.

Lou chuckled, sipping his wine. He meant to say something witty, but there was a loud bang- someone probably dropped a pan in a neighboring apartment- but Lou was on edge. He accidentally dropped his wine glass, shooting down and scooping Erik into his lap, burying his face in the mans neck and hiding.

Olivia laughed loudly when Lou got startled by the bang. The sight of this man sweeping Erik into his lap was hilarious. "See, Erik? You're an a**."

Erik sat there, content to listen to Olivia and Lou chat. He rolled his eyes at Olivia when she accused him of betraying her. Erik nearly jumped out of his skin when Lou dropped his glass of Moscato (thankfully it was not a red wine) and picked him up. Patting Lou on the top of the head, he squeezed him tightly. "Maybe we should get you to bed. With a night light."

Lou huffed, feeling embarrassed. "F-ing brat," he whined, and in a small bout of defiance, he lightly bit Eriks neck.

Erik yelped in mock pain as Lou nipped him. "Stop f-ng swearing, Lou!" He stood up. "Off to bed with you, you're scarring my niece with your bad behavior."

Olivia snorted loudly. "You sound like Mom- are you getting old? I'm going to start calling you Estrella." Her mom had died over two years ago now, so talking about her was a lot easier. She slid down on the couch, wedging the pillow behind her head.

Lou raised a brow and after a glance at Olivia, he stood, tossing Erik over his shoulder. "Goodnight, It was nice to meet you," he informed her, striding down the hall to Eriks room. He hadn't mentioned he'd swapped out their beds before coming over. Nope. Erik could be surprised

Erik laughed when Lou picked him up like a sack of potatoes. He was surprised when Lou threw him down on a bed that wasn't his. "Wait… this isn't mine," he said, turning over onto his back and smirking up at Lou.

Lou fell down dramatically beside Erik. "You didn't really think I would sleep in your bed did you?" He teased, kicking off his shoes and stretching. "God, why do they use farmhouses so much in those stupid movies?" He asked, knowing he'd only picked it because Erik had said suspense and of the two that been playing Lou had thought the he could relate to the one set on a farm. Bad idea. He pouted, shuddering a little. "I am sorry for intruding, I should have asked first."

Erik smirked back at Lou. "Guess sleeping in my bed is too much to ask for." He chuckled when Lou brought up a farm house. "Sorry. No wonder you were so spooked." He shrugged, stretching out his legs and feet. "You're fine." He was just glad Lou hadn't dropped in when he was seeing another visitor. That might have been awkward.

Lou laughed, wordlessly summoning his bag. He stepped to the side a bit, changing into his plaid sweats and a black tshirt. "I thought I could relate more to a farm based movie." He chuckled. "I was right, of course. I'll probably have nightmares; I didn't want to sleep alone on the farm, but I didn't want my already questionable sleep made worse with your itty bitty bed," he teased, moving back to sit down next to Erik

Erik watched Lou. He slipped under the duvet, sinking into the pillows. Lou's bed was comfortable. "Well, I hope you don't have too many nightmares now." He grinned back at Lou. "I like those types of movies. They make me excited to be alive."

Lou chuckled, slipping into bed with Erik and sliding closer than he needed to be. "It was good, I won't argue that. I just won't watch them if I have to sleep alone," he pouted a bit, running his fingers lightly up Eriks arm

Erik turned onto his side, smiling back at Lou. He propped his head up on his arm. "Guess that was my fault. I should have warned you." He liked the feeling of Lou's fingers against his skin. Lou was obsessed with touch- Erik didn't mind.

Lou chuckled, running his finger back down Eriks arm. "Well now you get to cuddle me," he teased, trailing his fingers back up into Eriks hair and smiling warmly. "So I think I still win," he brushed Eriks hair back.

"This is true," Erik said. He moved his body closer to Lou's, wrapping his arm around the other man's back. "Next time, not a bad idea to give me a heads up," he murmured, settling his head into Lou's chest.

Lou paused as Erik chastised him, swallowing past the lump in his throat. "Yeah… sorry…" He suddenly felt very guilty, like he had intruded on something he shouldn't. He tried to ignore the burning of his ears and the harsh rejection he felt. "I… I can go, I didn't mean to-" he bit his lip, shifting away and sitting up. "I can just… yeah," he looked around for his shoes, embarrassed. He was stupid to think he could just come over, he'd invaded Eriks privacy. He felt very foolish, and tried to hide it as he pulled his shoes out from under the edge of the bed with his toes.

Erik felt awful when he saw Lou's reaction. He looked like a kicked puppy. Erik reached for the other man, grabbing his shoulders lightly. "Oh, Lou," he said, "I didn't mean to make you feel unwelcome." He sat up in the bed, his stomach sinking. "Don't leave. I want you to stay."

Lou tensed a moment but quickly relaxed when Erik grabbed his shoulders. He sighed softly, turning a little to glance shyly at Erik. "Are you sure?" He asked, looking a little ashamed. "I don't… I get impulsive sometimes, I don't think before I act really. I just… haven't dealt much with people in my life, I didn't… I didn't even stop to think I should ask first…" He admitted, rubbing the back of his neck shyly. He didn't even think that Erik never said anything before coming to the farm, or that it was an odd double standard to have.

"Like I said," Erik said, inviting Lou back to the bed, "it's all right. I want you to stay the night with me." He felt a little awkward having said anything at all. However, best get it out of the way early. He tried to avoid throwing his lovers into the same space if he didn't have to. In his mind, all his life, if he wasn't officially exclusive with someone, he was free to do as he pleased. It got messy when the lines started to blur. He lay back down, smiling up at Lou.

Lou let out a soft sigh, smiling warmly and crawling back into bed with Erik. He kissed the man gently, running his fingers down Eriks jaw. "I… it makes me really happy to hear you say that," he murmured, kissing Erik tenderly again.

Erik snuggled closely to Lou. He kissed Lou back, settling a hand on his waist. "Sorry I sent you to a thriller movie," he said, "didn't mean to scare you away from your own home."

Lou smiled, running his fingers lightly along Eriks jaw. He chuckled lightly at the apology. "It's okay… It was a good movie." Lou bit Eriks lip gently, pulling him closer. "And it gave me an excuse to see you again," he whispered softly. He smiled, kissing Erik again sweetly. He wrapped his arms around the other wizard and snuggled close, curling up around Erik and starting to drift off to sleep.

Erik smiled back at Lou. He was glad that the other wizard was able to relax a bit. After a long day, the Moscato was making him especially drowsy. Reaching for Lou’s wrist, he kissed him on the back of the hand, pulling it in closer to his chest. He closed his eyes and crashed quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back