Closed Sunset Dreams

Erik looked up to Lou when he called him baby, smiling. It wasn't out of the ordinary for men to call him names. One recently had taken to calling him Adonis. Not that it was warranted or accurate, really. He tried a bite of the omelet, making sure to get a nice forkful of cheese and sausage. "This is good," he said. He washed it down with his coffee.

Lou smiled, digging into his own food. "Im glad you like it," Lou hesitated a moment before reaching over and putting his hand gently over Eriks. He smiled happily at the other man.

Erik silenced the little bell in his brain again. Lou was hands-on, and that was all. He let Lou's hand settle over his. "What are your plans for the day?" he asked, transferring some omelet to a slice of toast and taking another mouthful.

Lou thought over Eriks question, chewing a piece of bacon. "I'm not sure," he ran his thumb lightly over Eriks skin. "I slept in fairly late. Is there anything you need to do?" He asked, taking another bite of food and looking to Erik.

Erik nodded. "My niece was planning to stop by the flat later." He hadn't talked with Lou at length about his sizeable family. Mostly because they had more interesting things to chat about. "We're a ragtag bunch of transplants. It's a long story." He sipped at his coffee. Lou's hand was still covering his own. He was in no rush to move it.

Lou listened to Erik, smiling softly. "You'll have to tell me sometime." He sipped his coffee. "My family is very small, really. My mother and sister, and my brothers daughter Mary." Lou's face fell a little. "It's… very lonely, really." He looked down at his half eaten breakfast.

Erik furrowed his brow when a sadness seemed to come over Lou. He squeezed the other man's hand reassuringly. "I know this is more difficult than it sounds," he said, "but you need to get out. Make friends."

Lou smiled softly, bringing up Eriks hand and pressing a soft kiss to the inside of his wrist. "Maybe I'll go catch a movie or two," he mused, running his thumb over Eriks wrist.

Erik smiled when Lou turned over his wrist. For someone who'd never dated before, he was very suave. "Do you like to watch Muggle movies?" he asked.

Lou chuckled, cutting into his omelette again. “I don’t know. But I’ve always been curious. I suppose it’ll be an interesting experience.” He mused, taking a bite of his food and lacing his fingers through Erik’s.

Erik took another forkful of egg and cheese. He nodded. New experiences were always good. He had watched plenty of films in his lifetime, with his Muggle stepmom and stepsister. "You should check out a suspense flick, it'll keep you interested the whole way through."

Lou nodded, sipping his coffee. “Alright, I can do that.” Suspense didn’t sound that bad, really, he was sure he could handle it.

The rest of breakfast went well, they finished their meal and after several kisses and about a thirty minute long goodbye they finally went their separate ways. Lou spent several hours working the farm, making sure everything was going well. After it started to get a little dark, he went and cleaned up. There was a theater in town, easy to get to. Lou found a movie, and had time to catch a quick dinner before he went to see it.

By the time it was over, though, Lou was freaked. He made it back to the farm, but Betty had gone to bed. The silence and darkness he was so used to suddenly seemed very sinister, and he knew he couldn’t stay without going crazy. Throwing together a bag, he left Betty a note and took off to the one place he felt like he could go other than his room.

Lou had a bag, thrown over his shoulder, and fairly quickly he found himself in front of the door to Erik’s apartment. He knocked, rather loudly, still on edge and rocking nervously on his feet.

Out of all of Olivia's family, Erik was her favorite. When she needed advice, given the parents she no longer had, she went to Christian, the responsible, serious, and quiet one. But Erik understood her the most. They'd gotten into plenty of trouble together over the years. Tonight was tame by comparison. She was settled into his uncomfortable couch with a sheet and wool blanket tucked up to her chest, her long legs hanging off the armrest. The two of them were sharing a glass of Moscato and chatting sleepily. When there was a decisive knock on the door, Olivia raised an eyebrow at Erik. She knew his reputation.

For Olivia's sake, Erik was wearing a full set of fleece pajamas for once. They were dark gray and cozy. Despite this, he was still barefoot- he hated covering his feet if he didn't need to. He was mid-conversation when there was a pounding at the door. Looking back at Olivia sheepishly, Erik rose and shuffled through the dining room to unlock the front door.

He looked up, and there was Lou. Erik hadn't invited him over, but he looked upset. Erik stood aside to let him in, concern on his face. "Lou, what's wrong?"

Lou didn’t relax immediately when Erik opened the door. “You’re a f-ing brat,” he stated immediately, grabbing Erik and yanking him closer, burying his face in the mans neck. “Why the f--k do I even listen to you, you stupid,” Lou grumbled, relaxing slowly as he nuzzled against Erik. “Stupid f-ing movie, that stupid f-ing farm is going to kill me,” He kept complaining.

Erik's jaw dropped when the first F-bomb spilled out of Lou's mouth, and his eyebrows nearly touched the ceiling with the following ones. He had never, ever, heard Lou cuss. Erik had assumed he was too polite and sheltered to use foul language. Not able to help it, Erik laughed loudly and squeezed the other man tightly. "Lou, did you just swear?" he teased.

Lou growled, wrapping his arms around Eriks waist. "I listened to you and now I can't sleep in my giant nice cozy bed." He complained, his heart rate finally settling. "Stupid f-ing movie," he grumbled, hesitating a moment. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" He asked really softly.

Erik smirked. He was greatly amused as Lou swore again. Erik cocked his head over his shoulder at the couch. "As long as you don't mind my other guest. Lou, Olivia. Olivia, Lou." He didn't ask her if she minded because he already knew she didn't give a damn about his visitors as long as they were discreet.

Olivia waved from the couch over at Erik's visitor. He was tall, not quite as wide as a Drage, but muscular and handsome all the same. She wondered what Lou was to Erik. Her uncle had a very open and tumultuous love life, and she certainly didn't want to make any assumptions.

Lou blushed when he realized Erik wasn’t alone. “Oh, h-hello,” He waved a little shyly at the woman. “I’m sorry- I didn’t think- was it too presumptuous of me to come over?” He asked Erik softly. Lou hadn’t gotten his bag from the hall yet. He looked shyly to the woman, smiling a little nervously. “I’m sorry, I- He told me I should go watch a suspense movie and- I did, and well… it kinda freaked me out,” he admitted with a shy laugh, rubbing the back of his neck.

Erik tried to maintain some boundaries with his personal and love life, but honestly, the lines usually got blurred. He nodded and stepped out into the hallway to grab Lou’s bag, coming back inside and locking the door behind him. “Make yourself comfortable- you can have the chair if you want.” He only had one armchair and the couch. He stepped into the kitchen and grabbed another wine glass. Erik plopped himself onto the floor between the chair and the couch, pouring Lou a healthy portion from the open bottle of Moscato and handing it over.

Olivia sat up on the sofa a bit, smiling back at Lou. She was more awake now. “He told you to go watch a film like that alone? Erik, you’re an a**.” She sipped at her glass of wine, running her fingers through her wild brown curls. Olivia looked pointedly at Lou. “Be glad he didn’t offer you the couch. It sucks.”

Lou awkwardly folded himself into the chair, smiling a little and accepting the wine. He laughed lightly, nodding at her. "It does," he agreed easily. "I tried telling him his furniture is terrible but he doesn't listen," he sipped his wine, knocking Eriks leg lightly with his foot. He was tempted to pull Erik into his lap but didn't want to seem pushy or inappropriate.

Olivia grinned and drained the rest of her wine. She wondered about this kiwi stranger. She watched the two of them, still trying to figure out their relationship with one another. She didn’t want to ask how the two of them met- with Erik, questions of that nature would be honestly answered, and she didn’t really need to hear the uncensored version of events. “Did you say something about a farm?” she asked.

Lou nodded. "Yes, my sister and I own and run a farm for magical and non-magical plants," he told her, sipping his wine. "It's how I met Erik; my sister usually handles orders while I work the fields but she was out for the day and I caught Erik wandering around," he explained, cradling his glass in his hands. "Might I ask what you do?" He inquired, giving her a shy smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back