Straford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
I am sad to report that I will be M.I.A. for 2 whole days, because I will be going to the Straford Theatre Festival with a few of my friends and some teachers. And I will have no way of checking Emails, MSN and most importantly HNZ :p

Sorry about the whole task thing, but if any creatures comment in my thing later than 5:00 in the morning(for me...I forgot what Time Zone I am in though :p) I will not be able to reply until later Saturday morning because I will need some crazy sleep.. :p

You know how it is 5 friends and Shakespeare crazy things happen :p

I'm supposing you mean Stratford? Well, have tons of fun. :)

Indeed she does mean Stratford :lol:
Stratford Ontario -- best Shakespearean Theatre in North America ;)

Have a good time, Nina :)

You mean she didn't mean Stratford-upon-Avon, where Shakespeare is originally from? ;-)

Have a wonderful time Nina, we'll see you when you get back.

Ooops typo :p

I meant in Ontario, too expensive to go to England for two days :p

Thanks I had a great time :D

I would think it very cost efficient to fly to England, stay two days/one night, fly back. :p

:p

Well, it probably would have been a much better representation in Romeo & Juliet and Hamlet than what I saw, they were making cheap jokes and kind of were insulting Shakespeares origanal script and it made me sad. :(( But The Music Man was really good so yaye :D

Ya, apparently the Romeo and Juliet this year at Stratford wasn't as good as it had been in previous years, but the Hamlet is uber critically acclaimed. Like people who have said that they've seen enough Hamlets, after watching that say that was the one worth watching and that "NOW [they've] seen enough Hamlets". :p

:p They must've seen it with different actors/actresses but wow it wasn't good!
Juliet wasn't all that good, I'm not saying I can do any better but yeah if it is going to be your Rom & Jul debut best make it good, and the actress has an amazing background so I don't understand why it was as bad as it was. They were making sexual jokes through the whole thing, don't get me wrong I enjoyed a few of them but throughout almost the entire play it was cheap laughs.

Wow I am a little critical aren't I? :$

Shakespeare was about cheap laughs a lot of the time. He aimed to get butts in seats or feat on the floor (the penny seats), and when you're trying to fill the floor you need to make the uneducated laugh and you do that through sex jokes. Everybody understands sex jokes.
He was awesome, but he was a writer. Writers wrote for the masses.

Oh I know, I read almost all of his playwrites and there were a lot, but they changed it up, possibly because it was for a lot of school children, it made me quite upset. The actor that played Tybalt was good actually he was the best aside from the Friar. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back