State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gawd.. so sorry to hear the news...
Must be hard for u to deal with this... :(
But I'm sure u'll b okay ^_^
Stay strong Missy :hug:

Stay strong gurl! Keep lovin'! Dont curse the world, and the world will help you! Everyone in the world feels for New Zealand because they are unpolitical-or something. I have donated £10 for ya hun!

Update @ 10:22pm - I've lost track of time:: Uuhhum.

Death Toll still stands at hundred and thirteen.
It's a cold hard night, christchurch is facing a rainy night. temperatures are going to be be low.

As for my family? No word, but I have the utmost faith that they are okay.
Positivity is the key.

Domino:: Oh my god. Thank you so much. It won't be going to me directly, but it'll go to all of those in Christchurch - no water, no power, no sanitation. they've been reduced to fourth world country as one put it. One only needs to go to YouTube and search 'Christchurch Earthquake 2011' to see the horror that it really was.
Even though I live six hours away from it, I can feel aftershocks now and then. It's really scary.

Thats alright. It was me, Pollz, our brother and our parents who all pitched in. :)

I was actually going to move to ChristChurch next year...

Its outta the question now.

I also know why the earthquake happened.

Basically, because Christchurch is on the mountains and New Zealand is surronded by two different oceans, its all about how strong the waves are.If two really strong hit each other, it causes the ground to move and bit and because christ church is on a mountain, the mountain get most earthquakes and the force there made it quake.

Thats what me and my dad think...

AND YAHOO!

Update @ 10:59am - day five::

How should I put this?
One hundred and twenty three - at least twenty different nationalities and the number of missing is now at two hundred and twenty six.

It's looking pretty grim.

We know that tuesday's earthquake was just an 'aftershock' from the one six months ago (7.1 on the richter scale) and that the earthquake was behaving as it should. Also, we know that christchurch lies on a fault line that no one has discovered until now. New Zealand also lies on three Tectonic plates (Indian, Australian and pacific...I think. Don't trust me on that one) so...thats a factor to.

There are some crazy theories out there that earthquakes are related to solar flares, and according to predictweather.com theres going to be another major earthquake on the 20th March in either my home town....great, four days before my birthday xD or on the larger upper south island (meaning Christchurch again) despite the theories, I'm praying that isn't true. Otherwise, if I am caught in an Earthquake, I'll just post on HNZ going; "Having a lovely time, just sitting under a table as you do" haha.

Sorry If this is sounding pretty cynical - humor is really important at times like these, ringing fam again soon.
I have a feeling it's good news - the sun is shining today! :3

~Missy

I'm sorry. :( I really hope you can get in contact with your family soon. I know how tough stuff like this is. We're here for you, and please keep updating. We are really worried, but so relieved that you are okay.

Don't give up hope - Ever. All I can say. We are all praying for you. Stay Strong Missy!

</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">update @ 5:37pm::

Death toll now stands at one hundred and forty four.
Missing - probably still stands int the two-hundreds.

Good news?
I managed to get into contact with my family, but conversation was short lived.
I think they're fine. Didn't get to know how ALL of them are. but at least I got to
talk to them - even for a few mere minutes.

Just want to say a massive thank you to everyone here.
You don't know how much your messages are giving me hope, strength
and determination to see positives.
I only wish the whole world was able to bond together and live in peace x

~Missy​

YAY! It is absolutely brilliant that you have contacted your family Willow! I hope it gives you some sort of peace of mind :D

I'm so glad you've been in contact with some of your family. That's fantastic news!
Keep it up Missy, you're doing so well.

update @ 10pm::

Death toll is at one hundred and forty six. (last time I heard)

Super good news?
My entire family on my mothers' side is fine.
Now uh. Dad's side of the family, still got one family to contact...t__________t
Why do I have such a large family?

As you can probably tell, i'm feeling rather upbeat :D
All your messages are great and nyahhh. I luff you HNZ! *hug hug*

::Important Non-Earthquake related news

I start back at University tomorrow and nothing says; "Hey. Welcome back to semester, hope your holidays went well" like...not knowing where your rooms are. :erm: The university (lovely as they are) posted my timetable but not the rooms. Going to wander around campus like a fool :r

Also, since everything seems to be settling down and the majority of my worries about my family in Christchurch has disappeared: I will be getting back to roleplays that I have abandoned, but still remain my hiatus. only because I'm pretty sure my Roleplaying Muse has gone asleep and replies will be pretty shoddy. Also, since i'm back at uni - my 'almost instant' replies to rp's are going to be significantly slow. Check my blog soon for my availability times like last year (thank goodness I have a cruisy first semester mind you.)

Thats it, I'll be back on the RP battlefield. For now I'll only RP as Willow until I start getting back into it so Aiofe will have to be shoved aside (Sorry for the un-replied Rps X___X). Also, going to attempt to do catch up classes. but I hardly doubt I'd get Willow back to her O-grade status. ("Missyyyy. you're so lazy...") Ah well, I'm back. I'm back. I think.

I'll update later if I get back in touch with..the other side of my family :3

Im just glad that your family is OK, even if it is just one half, atleast that is one half closer to the whole of your family ^_^

And dont worry about Uni, Im sure you will find your way around without too many problems. :D

~Tenile

Missy, I'm so happy for you. Congrats on getting in touch with your family, the other side will be able get in touch also.

Don't worry about Uni. Take any time you need.
~ James.

Update @ 4:57pm - day seven::

Today we observed a two minute silence at 12:51pm - the time when the earth took it's toll on Christchurch.
Sadder news, there was another strong aftershock this morning and the predicted final death toll is 204.
Yesterday they buried a five-month old baby and now the process of healing is beginning. Those who are reported to be missing are most likely victims of the earthquake.

The 22/2/11 earthquake is going to be one of those events (like 9/11 - I was at school and we were getting new lounge suite) where every knew where they were when the quake struck. For me, I was out in town for lunch - I remember my actions quite clearly: I brought the most amazing looking char-grilled chicken Sandwich and I raised it to my mouth and then I felt the aftershocks - not so hungry anymore.

If anything, this topic should end with a happy ending - but I feel like it'll be bittersweet.
It's been a week since the quake struck and all my family are fine. every single person. Which in a way I should be happy about it. But the fact looms is that everyone in New Zealand would know someone who was in the earthquake and the whole fact of that '2 degrees of separation' is that someone would know who died in the quake.

On behalf of myself, any New Zealanders on HNZ and in New Zealand, thanks for your support, kind messages, words of hope and donations and even if you just came here to lurk and didn't comment - thank you to you too.
If I had any ounce of advice and after attending university for two days now - Each moment you have with your family, your friends, your peers, your classmates and anyone. Cherish it, Love it and never let it go. They say life is short - I don't think short is the right word. Un-predictable is one. But, I'll say - Life is like a dream. You can live it, you can change it - but once it's gone, all that's left is the memories.

Missy x

Omg I watch the news this morning (I really hate watching the news)
and I saw what happen. I'm almost in tears here but I'm glad your all right. It makes
me a little thankful and appreciate what I have here (cause the worst we get is snow storms and if you in R.I maybe flood)
Just stay positive Missy, I would think its hard to go through and all. Hope you stay safe as for your love one as well :hug: MADZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back