Some Practise

Ellie Sparks

Wand
Maple 12 3/4 Inches with Essence of Silver Thistle
Ellie headed down to the Quidditch Pitch after dinner to get in some practice for her next flying lesson, she mounted her broom and kicked off, the wind running through her hair, the best feeling in the world she thought as she soared towards the sky. She really missed this, just flying, She used too do it mostly every day at home, usually accompanied by her father who would show her how to do loop-the-loops and lots of other cool tricks.
After about an hour or practicing dips and loop-the-loops on her own she was starting to wish for someone to come and join her.

ginny was flying on her broom, not looking where she was going but on a book that she had in her hands which weren't on the broom either. She found it much either to read when she was flying and for once she had used her brain to figure this out on her. She was so engrossed in the book that she hadn't noticed there was someone else on the pitch that she had nearly bumped into them unless she hadn't needed to turn the page and had looked up only to grab a hold of the broom with her hand, turning upside down on her broom and flying full speed underneath her and turning to stop, Ginny still dangling from underneath the brooma huge grin on her face. 'Sorry,'she called.

"Its no problem" Ellie told a girl who had just nearly bumped into her and was now hanging upside down on a broom, she hadnt known there was someone else on the pitch and was quite glad to have someone to talk to.
"You okay there?" She asked the girl, giggling.

'Who me?'Ginny asked letting go of her book accidently. she tried to grab it but it fell to fast so she swung herself on the brrom, the right way up and dived vertically to grabbed it before it fell to the ground. She swung the broom back up and hoverred near the other girl again going slightly red. 'yeah, i'm fine. Are you?'she asked slightly concerned.

"Yeh i fine" Ellie said, amzed at how she had dived for her book. "I meant did you need help with getting up" Ellie told her, relising that she thought she meant how was she, "Im Ellie" she told the girl holding out a hand

'Ginny,'replied Ginny shaking the girls hand before taking it back and tucking her book i her pocket. She had lost her page but it didn't really matter. 'Were you just practising then?'

"Yeh" Ellie replied to Ginnys question, "Are you on the Quidditch team" She asked enthusiastically.

'Of course. Life without flying competively is just boring,'Ginny replied truthfuly. 'Rubbish at it though. Couldn't play it well if my life depended on it,'

"I totally agree with you" Ellie said her eyes lightening up "but i find you being a crap player hard to believe" She said thinking of how Ginny had grabbed her book back in seconds when it had nearly hit the ground

Harriet strolled out to the pitch, flying was definatly becoming one of her favorite hobbys and now she couldn't imagine life without it. "Hey guys!" she said noticing Ginny and Ellie were also there. Then she quickly walked over to the broom cupboard and pulled one out at random before walking back over to the other two. "So how are we all today?" she asked.

'but it's true. I can get to the bludgers in no time but it's my aiming that's completely messed up.'Ginny replied again, trying to prove her point 'Are you any good at it then?'she asked but didn't wait for a reply. 'Hi Harri. We're good. How are you?'she called to Harri.

"Im okay, but im trying to get better, then i want to try out at the first year try-outs" She told Ginny " Hi Harri" Ellie said noticing her friend come on to the pitch "And im good, yourself" She answered

"I'm great thanks!" she said "Do you know when the first year tryouts are?" she asked assuming they were talking about quiditch.

ravenclaw have already had there's so i don't know about yours,'ginny answered truthully. 'What shall we do then?'she asked happilly.

"Oh i hope we haven't missed Gryffindors!" she said worridly she didn't think she would make the team but she was looking forward to trying out. "I don't know its up to you two!" she replied.

'what? Don't look at me here. I'm not a robot,'ginny said jokingly backing up with her broom.

Ellie laughed at Ginnys response and said "Well just have to wait and see i guess, i dont think ill get onto the team, but trying out should be quite fun" She said "Do we do it singuly or in groups" she asked turning to Ginny once more.

"Oh sorry Ginny!" she said "It's just from afar you could easily be a robot!" she smiled then stuck her tounge out and mounted her broom kicking firmly off the ground she felt teh rush of adrenaline return as her hair blew in the wind.

'harri,'ginny scowled, sticking her tongue back out at her. 'What d'you mean?'she asked turning abck to ellie.

"The try-outs, do we do audition singurly or in a group" She asked, laughing at Harri and Ginny

'Oh, it really depends on how the captain wants to do it. Sometimes they want you to do it woithout the actual game playing or sometimes they want you when the other team members are playing really,'Ginyn replied honestly.

"Oh, cool" Ellie said thinking shed much rather audition in a groiup as it would be much less nerve-wracking if there were other people there too

Harri quickly descended and landed the way Ginny had taught her. She was glad she could land now without falling off her broom. she managed to catch the end of the conversation and listened intently, she was really interested in quiditch.

'no one's answered the robots question,'Ginyn complained jokingly winking at harri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back