Slytherin Quidditch Practice

Blake seemed to be ignoring him completely, which frustrated Jasper. It was like only he cared about their rivalry. He was annoyed when the other boy managed to grab the snitch again, but then laughed when he was hit. He was starting to wonder if catching the snitch wasn't just... very easy. Blake certainly made it look easy. He was sure being chaser was much more difficult.

The burn in Blake's ribs was difficult to ignore, but he gritted his teeth and pressed on, keeping an eye out for the snitch. He was doing a good job of proving that he was a superior player so far, but Blake always wanted more. Like his dad had said, no pain, no glory. So he pushed aside the pain and pressed on, looking all around for the snitch.

Odette followed the bludger she had intended to hit earlier, but missed it again. She was a bit frustrated, but then remembered to take a few deep breaths. She tried not to get too angry, remembering it was just a practice.

Liam was on a roll and he felt confident. This was going well although it was only a practice. Now the people he had hit were strike two times and off limits and Liam would not try to hit them. But everyone who he seemed to be hitting would fail, the bludger lived his own life or something. Liam flew close to Odette and smiled at her. Hoping she would see his good work. He wanted to impress the ladies. When he found a bludger close to him he swung it hard in the direction of Jasper but instead it hit Leda. Liam didn't liked to hit the girls, but heh it was his job to hit people right? And this wasn'on purpose.
OOCOut of Character:
This is the third time haha

Your action (hit) was successful!
...but the bludger went off course, and you hit another player, instead!
This result was recorded and is what you should roleplay.

Odette watched as Liam hit a bludger that hit Leda instead of his intended target. There seemed to be a lot of accidental hits in practice today, but that was still better than no hits. She just hoped that they wouldn't accidentally hit their own teammates during the match against Hufflepuff. She gave Liam a quick thumbs up, but didn't want to encourage him too much. "Leda is off limits too!" She called then, increasingly worried that someone would be knocked out during this practice. She didn't love the idea of explaining that to the nurse.

People hit by bludgers twice:
  • Blake Irons
  • Sapphire Michaels
  • Leda Layton
If I missed any let me know

Sapphire had just caught up with the bludger she'd been chasing when she saw Liam hit Leda. She'd been annoyed before, but now she was a little mad. Why did he need to do that? Game or not, you didn't hit Leda. She swung, smiling widely as she hit her target. She stuck her tongue out at him before flying next to Odette. "Hey, captain, I was thinking." Sapph leaned on her broom. "What if we got moving dummies for practice? That way we don't take out the whole team."

Odette turned her head as Sapphire approached and listened to her suggestion. "I'll keep that in mind." she said dryly. "Thanks." She didn't love her teammates telling her how to run things, though it wasn't a bad suggestion. Assuming she could figure out a way to get moving dummies and keep them moving even when she wasn't actively controlling them. She didn't know how to do any of that, but perhaps asking a teacher wouldn't be a bad idea. "Maybe you can stick to protecting some of the team members now, that's something we should practice as well."

Derek kept following the chaser who had the ball, he felt a but sore, the beaters were certainly active but since he didn't have the ball he didn't think it would veer towards him. he did keep behind the chaser that currently had the ball.

As she saw Liam get hit, Odette realized this was the last straw. Not because she particularly cared about him, but she knew the next hit would be a visit to the hospital wing for a few people now. She flew to the middle of the field and blew on her whistle. "TIME OUT!" She called. "Beaters, to me!" She waited until the two other beaters had flown in her direction, then talked to them both. "I know I said to target our players to practice, but it's clear that you two have that down. I'll think of implementing your idea for a future practice, Sapphire. But for now I want to change tactics. We are no longer going to hit others, instead, we'll be protecting them. Bludgers are dangerous enough without us directing them, so there will be plenty to do regardless. I want each of you to pick one or two people to protect, and practice staying near them without disrupting their task. If a bludger comes near, I want you to knock it away. Not just from the person you're protecting, but from all players. Understand?" When she was sure the two had gotten her message and understood what to do, she blew her whistle again to resume practice.
OOCOut of Character:

Because the beaters are running out of people to hit by accident or on purpose, I'm going to ask @Liam Waldgrave and @Sapphire Michaels to only use the 'other action' button for a while in this practice. Until I say otherwise. That will still make your skills go up, so don't worry. You are free to RP hitting bludgers away from other players, just don't RP them hitting anyone.

Blake flew high as he searched for the snitch, paying no attention to his teammates until he heard the whistle. He paused, frowning, and watched the beaters convening below. Though Blake was too far away to hear what they were saying, the fact of the conversation happening at all annoyed him. He didn't need to be protected like a little baby! The ache of his ribs was impossible to ignore, but that was for him to know. In a real game nobody would be holding off hitting him, and it made him annoyed that he was being treated like this. Scowling, he returned to his search for the snitch when the game continued, scanning the skies as he flew.

Mordred continued to watch the game and was making sure that he was paying attention to the chaser. He was sad that none of them had made a shot. Then odette called a time out. It only lasted a couple of seconds before she blew her whistle again to resume play

Blake kept flying, head spinning a little from pain. It was harder to focus but he pressed on, looking for anything that might be another glimmer of gold. He wanted to keep his streak going, prove that he deserved to be the star of this team.

Odette flew over to the young alternate seeker. Despite what he said earlier, she was concerned about him. He was one of the youngest kids on the team, and two bludgers weren't nothing. With her bat in hand, she flew slightly behind him, shadowing him and copying his movements, staying near him.

Although his attention was focused on the snitch, it didn't take long for Blake to realise he had a tail. He scowled as he looked back at the captain, starting to get genuinely annoyed with her now. "I don't need a babysitter!" He called out, trying to pull himself together to sit more upright. "I'm fine!"

Rule 2A

Jasper was growing restless, and felt the need to prove himself. So he flew up to the older girl who had the quaffle and attempted to steal it from her. Somehow, he managed it! With a triumphant laugh, Jasper sped away from her with the Quaffle. He was going to show he was the best chaser on this entire team!

Odette frowned in annoyance as the young seeker started to complain again. She rolled her eyes, then sped up to fly next to him. "Will you stop telling me what to do? I'm the captain, and I make the decisions." She said, starting to get a bit sick of his attitude. "I'm not treating you like a baby, I just told the beaters to practice shadowing a player and protecting them. That's what I'm doing, practicing." With that, she slowed down until she was behind him again, all the more determined to follow him for a while.

Laughing, Jasper flew off with the stolen quaffle under his arm. He felt great about this move, and already imagined himself doing this during a game. In his imagination, he stole a quaffle from a much older chaser and scored immediately. So he hoped he could do that in reality too. He flew to the hoops with fresh confidence. He threw the quaffle, but then the dream fell apart as his goal was blocked easily. Jasper groaned and flew away angrily.

Liam was not happy to not be hitting something again, but on the other hand the beaters were doing really well. So now he could protect someone. He had to laugh about the young boy Blake. He didn't need a babysitter he said, but Odette didn't seemed to be liking it. And he could understand she told them what to do and he thought that was cool. Liam flew along with Jasper as he noticed he got the quaffle in case a bludger would find his way to him, and he could protect him.

Jasper came close him and tried to score, but Mordred easily blocked it. He took the quaffle and threw it back into play.

Getting hit by a bludger was something the fifth year was never going to get used to. Within just a few minutes she'd managed to collide with two, both from either direction and too hard to dodge by herself. Apparently the beaters were enjoying hitting their teammates as she spotged she wasnt the only one. Feeling as though shewould probably throw up from the pain any time soon, she waa quietly glad that Odette called them off. It would be different in a real game of course, but Leda needed to practise catching the snitch, not how to gracefully fall off her broom.

Odette was frustrated with the alternate seeker, but had to admit he had performed well during this practice. But more players looked a little tired and worse for wear, and Odette decided to end the practice before someone got hurt or overexerted themselves. She flew to the center of the pitch and blew her whistle, then signaled for people to go down to the ground. "That's it for practice! Thanks for the hard work guys, anyone who feels like they want to go to the hospital wing, come to me. I'll take you." She said, though she had a feeling most of the team members would be too proud for that.

Blake grumbled at the captain's insistence, but it seemed there was nothing he could say to deter her from her task. He kept looking for the snitch to no avail until the whistle was blown, a sound that tore him between relief that he could rest, and disappointment that he hadn't managed a third catch. The captain was annoying, but hopefully Blake had really showed her that he was the guy who should be the star of this team. He rolled his eyes at her offer to go to the hospital wing, resolutely ignoring the ache in his ribs as he traipsed back to the changing room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back