Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual (Edmund)
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Elm Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Analei had all but begged Arvel to attend the Halloween Feast with her. They had decided to meet there, as Analei wanted to make sure she finished her makeup. The Head Girl walked into the Great Hall, taking in the sight, knowing it would be the last time she saw it. With a sad smile, she made her way over to the food table, casting her eyes around to see if Arvel was there yet.

Only Analei could have persuaded Arvel to attend the Halloween feast. Well, strictly speaking, she hadn't persuaded him; it was more the fact that Analei was the only person in the world he couldn't say no to without feeling guilty. He didn't want to disappoint her, even if, in his opinion, his presence at the feast was generally more of a disappointment than his absence. He hadn't dressed up at all, though he was sitting so tensely at the food table that with a bit of facepaint he would have made a convincing gargoyle. Where was Analei, anyway? He supposed he ought to find her and tell her he was leaving. Or maybe she wouldn't even realised if he slipped out. Yes - that was a good plan. Slowly, like he was trying not to wake a sleeping baby, he climbed out from the bench and sidled towards the open door.

Spotting the familiar face, Analei grinned, and made her way over to Arvel, as he was slowly moving away from his bench. "Hi!" She beamed. "Leaving so early?"

Arvel experienced an unpleasant double-startle: the first when he heard Analei's voice, and the second when he turned and saw her face. "No," he said, without conviction. "I was looking for you. Although I would quite like to leave, now that you mention it."

Analei laughed at Arvel's reaction. "Nice try, but I just got here." She said, before linking her arm with his and moving towards the food table. "Have you had much to eat yet? Should we just get straight to dancing?" Analei asked cheekily, hoping he'd just straight away say yes, but figuring he'd say no. It'd take a lot of begging to get that to happen, but she would be sure to do it.

Arvel consented to be dragged back over to the table. When Analei mentioned dancing, however, he attempted to slide his arm out of hers. "I don't dance. You know I don't dance," he said, an edge of fear in his voice. Somehow he knew he wasn't going to win this.

Analei was glad that Arvel didn't put up too much of a fuss when she led them back to the food table, but she relented when he pulled away from her. She popped a grape in her mouth smirking at Arvel when he said he didn't dance. "Sure you don't." Analei said with a wink. It was their last year. They had to dance! "Why don't you have a drink and mull it over?"

Arvel went in for a grape himself, followed by a ghost-shaped cheese cracker. "I'd rather cover myself in raw bacon and stand amongst a herd of thestrals," he said. "In other words, no."

Analei let out a loud laugh at Arvel's response. "Arvel pleeeease?!" Analei started. She knew she'd have to beg sooner or later, so she figured she'd start now. Grabbing his hands in hers, she looked him straight in the eye, putting on her best convincing voice. "Do you really want to graduate, not being able to say you danced at the Halloween Feast? With your best friend?!" She implored, bringing his hands closer to her. "Pleeeease, do it for me, pleeeeease?"

"Yes, I would like to say that," Arvel replied, flushing. Why did Analei have to do this to him? She could have danced with anybody else in the whole room - preferably someone who wanted to dance. Finally he pulled his hands away. "No. Go and dance with Edmund," he said. "Where is he, anyway?"

Analei got excited when Arvel said he wanted to say he danced with his bff, knowing that the end was in sight, but then he took his hands away and asked where Edmund was? Analei let out a bark of laughter. "He graduated last year you nimbus, you know this! Don't try to change the subject. You just said you wanted to dance with me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back