Rumor Has It

Anonymous

Hello and welcome to your first edition of the new and spectacular 'Rumor Has It' Gossip Magazine. And we know how much everyone loves gossip, what with posters going around the school, whispers whispered, and she-men uncovering wolfey secrets. So here you have it. Read, be shocked, and enjoy.

T H E S K A N K, P U P P Y A N D T H E T R A N S G E N D E R
RumorHasItIs1-Briar.png

H A V E Y O U H E A R D ?
Now, we all know about Briar Rowan's werewolf issues, but that's old news, and if I'm not mistaken, pretty boring. I want to move past this minor moment of Rowan's furry problem, and focus on what a certain Slytherin put on the other part of the poster. Briar Rowan is a skank. One half of this story will be covered in a minute, but let's start with Jaden West. Almost everyone knows that Rowan and West hate each other. But, behind closed doors, do they really? There is definitely something unusual about West, what with her choosing to look the way she does (male much?), and her strange obsession with Rowan; she was even overheard standing up for the wolf at the Yule Ball. This is definitely cause for rumors of why West called Rowan a skank. Perhaps jealousy of the dog's relationship with Minoas Stratis caused the outburst? Want to know why the she-male went nuts over the dog's relationship with the second year Gryffindor?
RumorHasItIs1-JadenandMinoas.png

As far as I have seen, many times mind you, the second year seems to be the one acting more or less like as puppy and following the bigger dog around! Makes me wonder if Briar Rowan has infected the young Gryffindor cub with her vicious bite. Steer clear of them, but chances are, they are always together! What other explanations do you need? Briar also was seen with a male during the holidays. Was this Minoas? Are they perhaps...in love? This is what I call a love bite. When Briar is done with Minoas (and we all know that she will be eventually once she gets 'bored'), she'll chew him up and leave him as trash. You know what is for certain? Seems like both statements of that poster is true. Thanks for shedding some light on this scandalous dog, and if she keeps up her act with someone that is roughly around five years younger than her, she'll end up in Azkaban. Run, younger Gryffindors, run! You are all next.
B R A N C H W H Y S O D R A M A T I C
RumorHasItIs1-Kate.png

During this Puff's second year, Moon decided to go on a well-needed diet and I must say, I was impressed at what she achieved. Now people decided that in order to make Twiggy feel better about herself, they called it "Anorexia", and no doubt told her that she was perfect the way she was before. Regretfully, Twiggy listened to her lying, 'Everyone is beautiful' tree-looking friends, and she shall now be named Branch. All seemed well in the world for Branch, until she recently decided that she had a disease, that no one can even pronounce. Now, she's fainting, sweating and bleeding all over the place. Branch has even been overheard refusing to go to the Hospital Wing when these...'attacks' happen. Wow Kate, any more drama coming up for you?

C H E A T C H E A T C H E A T
RumorHasItIs1-CosetteandDymetrisandFaxen.png

Think Slytherins are nasty little snakes? Think again! There seems to be a lust triangle going on between tow Hufflepuffs and a Gryffindor. No, the Gryffindor is not the player. But get this, two of them are Prefects! Talk about a surprise there. The biggest surprise is the fact that it is Dymetris Kozlov doing the playing! Is it because he seems to be more man-pretty (yet a total downgrade from the other males that seem to be man-pretty like Theodore Snow and Damian Metzger)? He would look better if he would cut off those smelly dreadlocks (hint hint). Anyway, he was seen snogging the lights out of Faxen Lowart, a Gryffindor Prefect, whom seems to know about our sweet little Cosette Mayfair's relationship with Dymetris. Look out Briar, you got some competition in the skank award for the year. Come on, Cosette, get your head out of the shadows and dump the manwh*re! Leave the two to have unprotected sex and breed their nasty children before they are even out of school. Ten galleons that Faxen would end up pregnant by the time she is in her seventh year.

B L A C K A N D B L U E
RumorHasItIs1-Stefan.png

Where O Where is my Stefan? An interesting departure left the whole school wondering (except not really). Only a handle full of people actually care that this color-blind Slytherin left school for awhile, but more than a few people have noticed the bruises and cuts Archer had returned with. It hasn't been the first time this little boy returned with a face like Halloween. But why? Is this a 'You should see what the other guy looks like' story? Most probably not. Rumor has it, this Slytherin does a lot at home to annoy a parent; so it probably isn't a 'The other person looks worse' story, more like a 'The Slytherin Deserves It.' I doubt anyone will deny this. This boy is so bland and boring, that his parent's bring the bruises along to give him a little more color in his life. Why else would anyone be interested? Boring guys out there, if you are looking for tips, make sure you follow Stefan's example. He now seems to always have a girl hanging off his arm; especially Branch. Perfect- Drama Queen for a Drama King.

C L A W S A N D Q U A F F L E S
RumorHasItIs1-Quidditch.png

We all know of the Quidditch game and how SlytherClaw landed on top thanks to their seeker/beater Isabella Romanes. Another switch of positions, and this time it won them the game! But we know about that. I saw so many flaws in the game, it was rather ridiculous. First of all, where were the chasers? All I saw was bushy red hair and Branch go back and forth. And then they had to tire out the SlytherClaw Keeper, Kamaria Zhefarovich, also the Head Girl. Guess she showed her Slytherin side during the game, because she was acting like a total b*tch. And then there was poor Jeremy. Seemed like he was working alone, or hardly working if you ask me. What was the best part was that the GryffinPuffs had lost, and they were such sore losers! Come on, you Gryffindorks can't win at everything. Though the SlytherClaws can't really even be celebrating, they only scored once! Seems like they will only score once in their lives, and it won't be the good scoring. With the werewolf being the ball hog and the Gryffindor Beater giving her the puppy eyes and ranting on how he can take out an entire team all by himself (what a joke! Whoever is afraid of a second year, raise your hands. No one? Thought so.). So, Merlin's beard, all of you slackers need to get your heads out of your arses, and actually play. Yawn fest. It seemed more like a cat fight to me. Do us all a favor and go play with a Devil's Snare before you embarrass yourselves even more.

H A V E Y O U H E A R D T H E S E R U M O R S ?
[ul][li]Seen that Clarice lately? Boy she will love to hear about her boyfriend snogging so many others. I got pictures if you want, Clarice. That that you will want them. Snogging Ben are ya?</LI>
[li]Michael Alexandra is in love with not Karah Love, but another snake. See the attraction between Slytherins and Ravenclaws?
[li]Milena La Fleur was seen hanging around Jake Simpson an awful lot and then with Dante Vrael. Will you pick one of them already?
[li]If Kate Moon is diseased, does that mean her twin, Sara Moon is too? I bet it is contagious, so steer clear.
[li]We know that werewolf love is bad, but ever heard of incest love? A couple of Slytherin cousins love each other and were caught snogging. Talk about keeping it in the family!
[li]Georgiana Night and Logan Stone, former Ravenclaw, were always true love. It's enough to make someone lose their appetite.[/li][/ul]
S P A R K L E S G O N E
RumorHasItIs1-Riley.png

Oh miss Sparkles, why don't you Sparkle anymore? Not that I'm complaining, you're personality was as annoying as the poo left on the sidewalk by a small, yapping dog, that barks at everything that moves. Which is kind of like you, I guess, attaching yourself to anyone that moves; except the dog would totally be cuter. But now, Miss Sparkless, you have done the world a great favor in tuning down your 'The world is filled with sunshine and flowers' attitude, and brought out a new look. Red hair. Mmm seems familiar? Now, I know I called you a dog Riley, but that's no need to follow in the real dog, Briar Rowan's footsteps. No doubt the hair was some sort of scheme to become more attractive? Sorry to inform you, but yes, your hair does still sparkle. Which actually makes any similarity between you and an actual human being, completely coincidental. Which goes the same for Briar. She isn't attractive. And you look like a slag. Twin Prefect alert - Lord help us all.

D A D D Y S L Y T H E R I N
RumorHasItIs1-Leviathan.png

Has anyone seen that Slytherin Prefect? We see his sister all the time, but never him. We all know the screaming and probably fist throwing he had done when Ariah dumped him (pretty sure she did, but with a jerk like that, who wouldn't?). Boy did Styx choose the worst Slytherin out there to give that badge to! He seems to be a shut in nowadays, and ever wonder why? We have it here, folks. He managed to get Ariah pregnant, and he was wanting her to abort the baby! Talk about low. So, he is a deadbeat dad, but we can't really expect more from someone that spends all day sleeping in his dorm and avoiding the rest of the rest of the world. Shooting curses and hexes at first years. It will be a sheer joy to have him leave the school.

S I L E N T A N D G E E K Y
RumorHasItIs1-SapphireandTyler.png

"You know you like it weird girl. Don't deny the lust." Weird sentence I know. But these very words were overheard being shouted at none other than the Fifth Year, Sapphire Bookchild. No, don't read it wrong, Bookchild didn't yell it - she's a mute stupid. No, these words were screamed by Tyler Hawkens. Confused as to why this good-looking Ravenclaw Fifth Year was shouting at a Hufflepuff witless wonder? Unfortunately, Bookchild wouldn't couldn't comment (Not like I asked her anyway), but I'm pretty positive that these two have a not-so-secret fling happening. Why oh why Hawkens, would you go for Mutey? I know you like a good time (if you catch my drift), but I'm sure you would prefer someone that can actually let you know it's a good time? What I'm thinking is that you should leave the freaky weird mute alone, and find someone else that would be more suited to your type. Another 'good-time' addict perhaps? Go for Briar Rowan. She's weird and seems to dig the younger guys. Merlin knows on how many other boys she's corrupted.

H A V E Y O U H E A R D T H E S E R U M O R S ?
[ul][li]A certain Ravenclaw Prefect digs a Snake. Sorry Mute. Maybe you should have signed a little louder.
[li]Professor Kingsley is pregnant! Watch out everyone, she has a temper.
[li]A certain Part-Goblin (or should we say midget) managed to get the piss scared out of her. Literally. No wonder the house elves were bringing up clean sheets every night to the Gryffindor dorms.
[li]Professor Ava Davershire is cooking it up with an Auror. Is this why she left her husband?
[li]We don't just house werewolves anymore, but banshees as well. Guess who? The Grave sisters. That explains why no one likes them.
[li]Love is in the air! But not for Karah Love. She wishes that she can get a guy to get past that empty head and good looks.
[li]Enflated ego alert for Danielle Howard! Face the facts, girl, you aren't pretty. Pretty sure she lies about her true blood status too.
[li]Samuel Phillips has a boy toy out of the school. Who could it be?
[li]Ever seen that Megara Bennett? You know, the one that would be acting like a first year putting stink bombs in the back of your pockets? She's engaged!
[li]LeAnn Adams is getting a new daddy in the holidays! Does that mean, more siblings? Uh oh, LeAnn...
<LI>[li]And last but not least, does anyone know where in the world Evelyn Mosca is, and how she believes that her hair is normal?[/li][/ul]
So there you have it kids. Owl us with any rumors - whether its something you've seen, or something you want to spread, we want it all!
Remember, the Eyes are watching you.
OOCOut of Character:
Post and react.
If you see or hear any signs of who I or we and the character(s) behind it, then do not say a word. Thank you.

- RHI

Sara walked into the Great Hall, her hair was straight she'd spent quiet a while on it. Lately she'd been excercising more, for her quidditch. She felt she needed to train more, to keep her place on the team. She'd been completely off-form in the last match. She needed to up the game.

Her feet tapped against the floor as she approached the Ravenclaw table. She took a piece of toast from the rack, and took a bite. There was a magazine on the table, thinking it might be interesting, she took it out, and began to read. As the contents unfolded, her jaw dropped. How dare they! Stefan, he'd been through so much, and someone, someone was making fun of that! It was horrible, evil. Then, talking about Kate's illness, insinuating that it was fake! Suggesting that it might be contagious! That was ridiculous.

Otherwise, she had to admit that she found the magazine quite amusing. She reached the segment at the bottom again, and recognised two names. Dante and Jake. They were two of her closest friends, she'd never heard them mention Milena La Fleur. She fwas jealous, jealous of this girl. Messing around with them, Jake had been her date to the Yule ball, she really liked him, and Dante..well they flirted harmlessly, and she thought he might have ideas, but they were just friends, and Jake meant a lot to her.

She finished reading, and put back down the piece. She was going to have to try and find Stefan, Jske or Dante, and try to sort things out. She was just lucky she'd only been mentioned in passing. It must've been a nightmare for anyone who was mentioned fully.

It was morning that Jaden West made her way to the great hall. Usually the type to skip breakfast some days Jaden was only here because she had missed dinner the night before. The seventh year was hungry and had a yearning for some eggs and hash brown. She sauntered to the Slytherin table, avoiding the crowds, she didn't take noticed of whispering around her right away. In fact she was to concentrated on getting full rather then pay mind to those she would regularly ignored either way. It took her twenty minutes till the whispering and pointing at her got really annoying. She even started to abused the food in front of her, stabbing the sausage she piled up along her plate. "What the hell is so fawking interesting about me?!' she tried her best to ignored them, continued eating but it was harder when she did. She looked around the great hall and saw that a few people were holding a magazine.

Jaden frustrated, saw a magazine drop to the ground. She snatch it before a second year and snarled to warn them if they tried to take it away. Tearing open the book, she was astonished to read what came across to her viewed. The Slytherin turned a shade of red, never have she been so mortified in her life. How could anyone think she'd have any interest in someone like Briar Rowan. She was the most disgusting thing in this world and they had the nerves to do this to her. "Who the hell did this, who in the hell did this?!" Jaden tore up the magazine. She looked to see if the dog was around, she didn't care if they called her transgender, she didn't care if they found out about the poster, all she cared about was the fact they would even think she would have feelings for such a scum like Briar, Jaden wanted to kill the person who did this.

Kate as usual made her way down to the Great Hall to get some breakfast.When she walked in she saw some people pointing and whispering.She put her head down and ignored them and sat down at the Hufflepuff table and got some breakfast cereal.She was feeling much better today,she had actually gotten sleep last night.She had started the day feeling pretty okay but now the whispering and pointing was just getting annoying.She really wanted to know what was so interesting.She noticed other people being pointed at two and when she looked closely,everyone in the hall seemed to have a magazine in their hands.She looked around and found one on her table.She picked it up and began to read

When she was finished she was fuming.How dare they,when they didn't even know anything. Branch? Seriously.Why would she invent a disease,she couldn't pronounce it either,it's not her fault what happened to her had happened.Hanging off Stefan's arm? The disease being contagious.Drama King for Drama Queen?She really didn't like the nickname.She stood up "Who wrote this?"She practically shouted at the other Puffs.She was going to kill the person who had done this.How did they even know about the disease.She had only told two people.How did they find out about Stefan,he had barely even told her.She sat down and put her head down,regretting her initial reaction after a while she started to calm down a bit.All she could do was ignore everyone because who cares what everybody else thinks?She couldnt draw attention to herself because that was just gonna prove to people that the magazine was right which it wasn't.She threw the magazine away and finished off her breakfast and walked quickly out of the hall ,ignoring the whispering and stares

Mylie was in the in the middle of eating her breakfast, a plain blueberry muffin with butter slathered on top, when a magazine was sad beside her plate on the table. Mylie did usually not like to read these. Magazines were usually stupid and filled with useless information about people that Mylie did not really care about. But the images on the front caught Mylie's attention. Mylie reached over and took the magazine. It was about Hogwarts. Mylie did not know when people started writing a magazine about the idiots at this school, but it was actually pretty funny. Mylie did not really know or like anyone featured in the magazine. They were all too dramatic and too annoying. Mylie would never make friends with any of them on her own free will. Further down she read more articles. Some of them seemed true and others made Mylie wonder. Mylie did not know who wrote it either. Whoever did, had a gift. A gift of seeing people in their true light. Glancing to see Hades beside her, Mylie wanted to ask if he had read this too. Mylie still did not trust him enough to call him a friend. But he was the closest thing she had to a friend. Mylie knew he thought like she did. Mylie took another bite from her food and folded the magazine up. Mylie thought it was kind of lame. It may have been true and entertaining for about two seconds. But anyone who got shook up over this needed to learn to relax. Mylie did not see anything in there about her. But that figures. Mylie avoided drama. Mylie avoided making her face known. Mylie just wanted to go to school and learn. People were a waste of time. Mylie finished her breakfast and begun to notice that people were getting upset. That did not take long. Mylie figured it would at least take less time than this. Mylie took a sip of her water and was getting ready to go back to the dorm.

But then she heard a fellow Hufflepuff begin to freak out over the magazine. "How about you shut up?" Mylie suggested to Kate in an irritated tone. From what Mylie gathered this magazine was right about her. Mylie figured someone her age would be smart enough to figure out that no one was going to fess up to writing the magazine. "You are only making what was in the magazine look true." Mylie told her along with anyone else that could hear her before she grabbed the book she had brought with her and turned to get going. Mylie wondered if this magazine was going to get out of hand. People were too dang dramatic at this place and Mylie did not want to be around when it all hit the breaking point.

Mylie left the great hall silently.

It was earlier than Minoas used to go down to the great hall to enjoy his breakfast. Since he hadstarted his revision for finals he had trouble sleeping, waking now and then in the middle of the night to make sure that he hadn't overslept. The distractive snores of his roomates were making the whole situation even worse and so the lion decided to give up his attempts to sleep and start his day earlier.

The great hall wasn't empty. It seemed that some students were early birds or they just had horrible roomates as well. He noticed that there were a few groups of students at each house table, gathered around some kind of magazine. He thought that they were probably reading the news or something like that. He didn't really cared about the local news, he was a subscriber to the newspapers and the magazines he liked so he was receiving the copies he wanted with his owl. He found a spot, away from his fellow, vocal Gryffindors and sat down to have his breakfast. As he was pouring some honey on his toast, he noticed that the groups of students were reading the same magazine. Moreover, he hadn't noticed the specific magazine before and the reactions of the other students made him curious. There was a copy, not far away from where he was sitting and he stood up to get it as he picked as well a glass of pumpkin juice. He took a sip as he turned the front page, only to spit the juice out.

He eyes read surprised the title and right beneath it, he saw his own grey eyes looking at him. His own moving picture was there along with Briar's and other students'. He set aside his breakfast and brought the magazine in front of him, reading through its pages. There were so many inaccuracies and lies in it that Minoas couldn't take it seriously. He betted that the magazine was the work of that Jaden but he just saw her reacting violently when she got another copy in her hands. He felt eyes set on him and turned to the nearest Gryffindor group only to see the Gryffindors, taking their eyes off him back down to the magazine. Probably they thing that I'm a werewolf as well. Oh well, maybe that will prevent my roomates from snoring. he thought, not letting the magazine to ruin his sarcasm. As for the part that he had something going on with Briar, he just shook his head as she was like a sister to him. Plus, he knew which was the boy mentioned in the article, that his sister had met during holidays. He continued reading more inaccuracies as he took back in front of him his breakfast, figuring out that whomever spend so much valueable time for such a trash, was probably a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin.

Jeremy had taken an overly long time to make his way to the Great Hall that morning. Typically, he was out of bed and downstairs eating while the Great Hall was still empty and out of the place by the time it began to get crowded. This time, however, he had taken his time. By the time he reached the Great Hall, Jeremy had to search around for a seat and the buzzing in the place was loud. If he had taken a moment to actually listen to the random outbursts, the Ravenclaw Prefect might have been more prepared for what he was about to read. Finding an empty spot in the middle of the Ravenclaw table, Jeremy poured himself a glass of juice and took a big swig. He then pulled some porridge towards himself and grabbed his spoon. That was when he spotted a magazine on the table. Taking a bite, he pulled it towards himself and began to read.

Realizing quickly that the magazine was not just some random rag about wizarding celebrities but about the students of the school, Jeremy's jaw dropped as he read on. The feature, of course, was the whole Briar Rowan werewolf thing which he was sick of hearing about. Jeremy only briefly scanned, his eyes lifting and scanning the Great Hall for the girl before he continued to read. Jeremy's interest waned as he scanned only the headline of each story, stopping to only actually read the story about his year mate, Riley Sparkles, and about quidditch. His eyes rolled as the writer claimed that he had hardly done anything during the game. They'd won, hadn't they? What else mattered.

Pushing his porridge bowl to the side, Jeremy took some more juice and read the small rumors that didn't seem to warrant a story. Jeremy read the first one A certain Ravenclaw Prefect digs a Snake. Sorry Mute. Maybe you should have signed a little louder. Jeremy was about to go on to the next one when he paused and read it again. He only knew one mute person - Sapphire. That and the realization that he was the Ravenclaw Prefect hit him at the same time. Blushing madly, Jeremy had no idea how anyone could know that. He hadn't told a soul, not a single person. He looked up his eyes scanning the Great Hall and hoping that the 'Snake' had no clue that the blurb was about her. Jeremy would simply die of embarrassment if she did. It was bad enough that yearbook nominations were going around with nominations for Jeremy as cutest couple with both Sapphire and Kendra. He wasn't part of a couple with either of them and had no idea how these rumors were being started. Jeremy shoved the magazine away from him then and stood up to leave the Great Hall.

Riley slowly dragged her feet towards the Great Hall, stifling a yawn. Riley had never been much of a morning person, and always found herself late for class. However, this morning she had woken up with enough time to have a decent breakfast. She let her wavy red hair fall naturally, still feeling a new found confidence. As Riley neared the Great Hall, she heard the usual buzz of students - but it sounded different. Perhaps more excited and angry at the same time. As she walked through the doors she noticed a few people look at her, and whisper to their neighbors. Confused, Riley looked behind her to see if it was someone else, then looked around the Hall, trying to figure out what was happening.
A magazine was the main thing that Riley noticed. Almost everyone seemed to have one. At that moment, she noticed a Hufflepuff girl stand up and shot. She furrowed her eyebrows and hurried to the Gyrffindor table to see what was happening.
Her brown eyes narrowed with each sentence, finding every word spoken horrible. But her heart broke when she saw her name. Her cheeks turned a deep shade of red, and her confidence shattered. She didn't understand how someone could write this - she didn't have any enemies, she was nice to everyone she met. Riley quickly closed the magazine and shoved it away from her, keeping her eyes downcast for a few moments. But, unable to take the embarrassment much longer, Riley stood up and hastily walked out of the Hall, not wanting to speak to anyone.

"Well this is amusing, what a good way to start off a boring day" Tyler said at first sight of the magazine. IT was meaning to happen one day again, that another gossip magazine would resurfaced again and sing out those poor cowards hiding behind closed door. Unlike his housemates Jeremy and Sara, he was enjoying every content the magazine brought to him. The Qudditch match was the best story and the ones about the professor he found most amusing. When he read all that, he spotted his very own handsome face looking back at him showing set right next to mute girl herself. This magazine was like a gift from Merlin, he read the story having to do with him and Sapphire he found it utterly amusing every detail of it was appalling to him.

How could they have known about him and Sapphire's personal conversation had his mind buzzing for answers. He didn't complain about, it was just a little creepy they would recite the words he said to her and written on the first sentences of the paragraph had Tyler shaking his head with laughter. Revenge was sweet when it wasn't coming from him, sure it was Sapphire the mute and the news letter was right, why waste his lust on the mute who couldn't probably expressed what a good time was. It's just a shame that be the last they hear about him and Sapphire, unless Tyler leaked some 'more stories' that ought to trigger the mute more. Maybe next time she'd think before revenge slap her right in the face, and it was beauty to see it didn't come from him.

Here they come to steal my soul, Ghost Train, wait it out until I know, Ghost Train, Trying to to feel like you did, Ghost Train. Sapphire was singing in her mind as she walked down to the Great Hall. She had heard the song coming from someone's MMD the day before and now it was stuck in her brain. She was already thinking of possible stories that could come from that song was of a boy who thought he was alive who had just happened to take the wrong train and ended up somewhere that he was not meant to be. Slightly creepy but she had to take a break from writing romance or high fantasy. It wasn't until someone called her 'Mutey' while snickering that she realize that there was something going on around her.

Sapphire looked around and saw that there was a pamphlet type thing at the end of the table. She walked over and realized that it was a magezene. She started to read her horror growing. Who would put the secrets of the school on blast like that? She looked through curiously. Pink blotches came to her cheeks when when she saw the article about her. No one had been there to see that she was sure of it. What Taylor had done was near rape in her mind especially after what Professor Le Fay had told her. He had stolen her first kiss and now it would never be the happy memory that it should have been. To suggest the very thought that she had any interest in 'Spiderdork' was to be mentally handicapped in Sapphire's view.

The Hufflepuff's stark blue eyes scanned the Ravenclaw table until they came across Taylor and that horrible egotistical smirk. Sapphire narrowed her eyes thinking of all the possible ways she could jinx him from this distance but then remembered that no only would she get in trouble but it probably would look like she was trying to deny something that was true. No Sapphire needed to make a bigger statement. She gathered as many of the rags as would fit in her bag then arms then made her way outside. She would not remain silent about this, in a manner of speaking of course.

Faxen Lowart walked into the Great Hall early, wanting to get a bite to eat before she had to go to her first lesson of the day. The Gryffindor headed straight to her house table, ignore the commotion that seemed to be going on in the Hall. Her dark brown eyes found Dymetris' across the hall. She gave him a wink before sitting down to breakfast. It was some moments later when she noticed the gossip magazine on the table in front of her. So it finally returned...Let's see what this new one has to say... Faxen thought to herself as she picked up a copy of it to peruse. The brunette knew that it would eventually return.

What Faxen did not expect was that she would be one of the featured stories. How in the world did this person know about Faxen and Dymetris?!? Who would have seen them kissing? The best friends had been so careful, taking all the necessary precautions to keep other people from finding out. Faxen was ashamed, embarrassed, mortified by the description of her in the paper. She was not a sloot. It wasn't as if she had even had a real boyfriend before. This was a whole new thing for the young brunette. She did not go around trying to wreck relationships. She couldn't help how she felt about Dymetris. He was just different. She couldn't quite put her finger on it but there was just something about him that made it impossible for her to stay away from him like she should. Now, Faxen's business was out in the public for the whole school to know.

The brown eyes looked searchingly for Dymetris once more. She needed his reassurance more than anything. Her face was hot with shame as she tried not to make eye contact with her peers. This was the first time she had learned the name of Dymetris' girlfriend. Faxen didn't really know her despite the fact they were in the same year. Faxen especially didn't want to see her. More than anything, she wanted to run back to the Gryffindor tower and hide for the rest of the day. However, that would only make her look as guilty as the magazine claimed she was. Faxen certainly didn't want that, yet her appetite for breakfast had completely diminished.

Dymetris Kozlov sat at the Hufflepuff table eating a bowl of oatmeal and fruit. He hadn't been paying to much attention of his surroundings, he was to busy eating his food and enjoying every bit of it since he came with an emptied stomach and hadn't really enough time for conversation. In between pushing down to make room for his fellow Hufflepuff and looking around to see if he caught sight of Faxen, he really wasn't well aware of his surroundings. In fact Faxen was the only thing he really wanted to see that morning, their last meeting kept the Hufflepuff teen on his toes. Dymetris finally sees her and waves her from where he sat. He went back to consuming his breakfast, he took another bowl of oatmeal and had it with fruit. Utterly unaware of his housemates whispering, he felt someone poked at his side.

Dymetris greeted his roommate who passed a magazine into his hand. Taking a quick look at he saw the first few stories, they were very hateful stories about his school mates. He found this sort of publicity to be foul and bad, the boy had enough just reading the first article about briar Rowan. Though he remain to read on taking in everything that was being said. A little article before Quidditch cause Dymetris to choke back his breakfast. How did anyone found out about them? Why would they do such a thing not knowing how critical Cosette could be at times?! He felt the color of his face instantly drain away, there was just so much to the article besides them cheating. Faxen was called a sloot,that so was not true. She was nothing like that, it was just bad timing for the both of them. If anything it was his fault, he felt badly ill. He went from being cherry to dreading being apart of this school.

He saw Sapphire run away, she looked mad and since he was caught in his own troubles. Dymetris picked up his bag and went after Sapphire. He was ashamed, he couldn't face either girls but not to make matter worst he left before something bad happen. "Sapphire, wait up.." he exit the great hall with his tail between his legs.

Briar was up early on this particular day like most others as the liked to go for a run before breakfast. she had found over the last few months her sickness had evened out so both the frantic activity of new moon and illness of full moon were minimal. however that didn't matter today as the moon was growing but far off full. she had just com into the hall dressed in her my boyfriends a werewolf tshirt and shorts, ready to grab her breakfast before heading up to the dorms to change into her uniform ready for class. she made her way along the table trying to find a spot, she had grown used to people pointing at her and whispering that she hardly noticed them any more. however she did notice Kate one of the hufflepuff girls she knew shout something across the room and some of the other students storm out. that was interesting, but investigation could wait until after she had eaten, she had her priorities in order and right now food was top and everything else came under that. she was half way through her second bacon buttie when she realised what looked like piles of magazines on the table. her curiosity got the better of her and she took one was was greeted straight away by a picture of her own face. she frowned as she started reading. then when she got to about to thirds of the way through the first article she let out a snort of laughter. what a load of rubbish. she finished the article and then looked up. firstly she looked along the table and saw minoas about half way along on the other side. he was reading it and didn't seem bothered by the story, he had always been tougher than he looked, since she had met him and they had fought a pack of acromantula together. then she looked across to the slytherin table and saw Jaden violently ripping up her copy. which made her chuckle, she had guessed at a few things about jaden one one of them had been pretty blatantly published. though she didn't care much for the rumours around her she had faced similar earlier in the year and it didn't bother her, but jaden obviously was a little more affected, in fact it was almost worth the pointing just to watch her reaction. serves her right for starting the stupid rumour in the first place she thought. taking a mouthful of pumpkin juice. she scanned through the rest of the paper reading some articles and skipping others. the only article she actually liked was the one on the quidditch game. basically pouring hatred on the slytherclaw team. which made her think that it was a slytherin or ravenclaw who did it (not that there was any doubt really). by this time she had finished her sandwich and got up taking the magazine with her, (she knew someone who would probably find the front page funny). and headed upstairs debating if she had enough time for a shower before class or not.

Aphrodite casually made her way into the Great Hall, normally this was far too early for her to be up and ready to eat anything, but today Aphrodite had to be up early anyways. She had promised Isaia that she would meet up with him soon. Whether he was an early riser or not, Aphrodite was unsure, but she figured he had class early in the morning. The Great Hall was already bustling with commotion when Aphrodite got there. ’Whoa, where’s the fire?’ The Gryffindor beauty thought to herself as she let her eyes roam around the hall. Drama was something this school had no problems producing. That much was for sure. But it wasn’t normally enough to get everyone riled up like this. Aphrodite just hoped it wasn’t anyhting gross. Like a bug infestation or something. If that was the case, there was definitely going to be a transfer looked into. Bugs were so gross. Especially in the wizarding world because it seemed to Aphrodite that they got bigger, and meaner. Aphrodite side-stepped around a group of student huddled together and took herself a seat at one of the open seats at the Gryffindor table. A bowl of fruit caught Aphrodite’s attention. That would be a perfect breakfast. But as she brought her skinny arm over to grab one of the oranges, a magazine caught her blue eyes. People actually read magazine in Hogwarts? The young Gryffindor Cub abandoned the fruit and went to the Magazine instead. The words sprawled out so carefulyl across the top made Aphrodite’s glossy lips curl up into a smirk. A magazine filled with gossip and rumors? No…freaking…way! Aphrodite loved gossip! Of course she hated spreading it or getting involved in it, but she liked to read about it. It was entertaining to see how strange people really were behind closed doors. Those who wrote magazines like this exposed them for all they were with too. Perfectly manicured nails opened to the first page, and Aphrodite began to read.

”Wow….” Some of this stuff was really mean. Some of it seemed really true as well. But mostly pretty harsh. But the fact that it was about some of her fellow classmates, made Aphrodite worry. Some of this kids had a lot of problems. The section about Quidditch, Aphrodite couldn’t agree with more. Every single word down to the very bottom was true in that article. At least, in her mind it was. So Aphrodite had to give props to the writer on that one. But the rest, Aphrodite wasn’t sure what to think. ’Well since I’m not in it, who cares right?” LeAnn was it in it, but was it true with what it said about her? Aphrodite bit her lip and set the magazine aside. This sounded like it was something samiliar her elder sister went through. Aphrodite wondered if she should write her sister about this. This magazine was really none of her business. True or not this didn’t involve her. The people in the magazine had no one to blame but themselves for being in it. That’s what you got when you managed to act like they did all the time. Aphrodite figured that from then on, people were going to be more careful about whom they trusted. Aphrodite wasn’t even involved and she certainly knew she was.

Professor Kingsley usually didn't pay much attention to the students in the Great Hall during the morning hours. She was much too tired for one thing and didn't have the energy to break up arguments and such that broke out. As she made her way through a small stack of pancakes, the professor chatted with her colleagues. It wasn't until Cyndi was walking past the tables on her way out of the Great Hall that she realized that the tables and the floors underneath the tables were covered with what appeared to be the same magazine. Picking up a stray magazine from the Gryffindor table, Cyndi leafed through it, her usually pleasant features turning into a scowl as she continued to read.

This magazine reminded her of another, quite similar magazine, that had run rampant for a year when she'd been in school. The magazine had spread some terrible rumors about her sister-in-law and other friends. It had not been good for the school's morale, and as Cyndi looked around at the Great Hall's commotion this morning, she feared the worst. Flipping to the end of the magazine, the professor glanced at the little blurbs at the end and was utterly shocked to see that the student had the audacity to include rumors about not one but two professors, herself included. The professor frowned at what was said about her. She most certainly was not pregnant and she didn't think she was mean either. It was true that she'd thought she was pregnant a few months ago, but it had been a false alarm and she'd definitely not shared that with anyone, student nor colleague. "Where do students come up with this stuff?" she wondered aloud, wondering how many other false stories were in the rag of a magazine. Judging by the visible annoyance on the faces of many, it seemed that the magazine was spot on about some things and way off on others.

The professor headed back to the staff table, the magazine clutched in her hand to see if her colleagues had heard any word about this. All of them, especially the Heads would have to be on alert now in order to help any students who needed help and to keep their ears open for the identity of the writer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back