Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
asexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Zennon was not an unreasonable person, he really wasn't but he didn't appreciate being treated unfairly. He did not agree with losing points, even if it was only one point and he didn't think he should have to suffer at the hands of a professor who was preoccupied with teaching more about herself than about the class subject. Zennon was here to get an education about the things he was interested in, not about the professors who teach the subjects. Why should he suffer for a bad teaching ability? Knocking on the professor's door, Zennon, against himself, waited patiently to be called in. He wasn't about to get off on a worse start to his academic career. Besides, he was taught manners, which meant no barging.

Professor Harrington was busy getting her notes in order for her lesson with the forth years later in that evening when she heard a knock on her door. She was sitting at her desk and paused her current task to answer the knock. It made her jump a little and she wondered what it could be about. She hadn't had a student drop in during her office hours yet, but she was more than willing to answer questions about the class to students who came in. She had hoped it might be her daughter or her niece who were both students, but as she waved her wand Sarah spotted who it was. Zennon Baros, she had learned his name rather quickly, though he was just a first year. "Hello, Mr. Baros. Come on in, take a seat. Would you like hot tea or some hot chocolate?" She said pointing towards her collection of various tea and chocolate flavors. "How can I assist you this evening?" Professor Harrington asked the young student.

Zennon stepped into the room as the door swung open. He actually, unbelievably, admired the woman's taste in decor. Though he was not about to compliment her on it. He nodded to her and took a seat across the desk from her. He had his whole speech planned out but found he had lost most of it on the walk over here. He shook his head at the offer of tea or hot chocolate. "No, thanks. I won't be here long enough to enjoy it." He said, making himself comfortable. He wasn't nervous, but he'd never actually gone to a professor like this before either and he did not know what to expect from her as he was new and didn't know a lot about how she reacted to her students. "I want to know why you took a point off me." He said, coming straight to his point. He didn't think he'd been all that much out of line.

Professor Harrington took a moment to sip her own drink as her young student informed her as to why he came to her office. She wondered briefly if the students were happy with that her office hours were as this was the first student she had seen in her office since she began teaching at the school. She gave the young boy a smile and nod as she heard his question and prepare her answer. "Well, Mr Baros, as you should remember during the first lesson when introducing yourself to others in the class, you did not follow the simple instructions I had in place. You were rather rude to me and disruptive to your fellow classmates. You did not sit down after your introduction and started to pack up despite the class not being over. The attitude you had and your actions are not acceptable for my classroom," Sarah paused to look at the boy to see how well he was actually listening to her words. "You have seven entire years to learn Astronomy and you'll be with me for four of those years and your classmates for the seven. During your first four years I do promise to teach you and all the others as much as I can and enough to help you with your fifth year exam. Now I know the first lesson might be rather boring if we are doing instructions, but I think it's a nice way to start off the next four years." Sarah sighed but with a smile on her face and sat back in her chair. He was young, he had a lot to learn of the school system and she was glad he came to ask why he had been out of line instead of bottling up any emotions he had over the moment inside. "One point is not very much to have taken away. But, I do hope you understand that any further instances in the classroom where you do not wish to follow my instructions or cause a disturbance you will be further punished which might lead to detention and your Head of House being brought in for a meeting. I hope this one moment will just be that, one moment and we can work together in your learning of Space in a friendly manner," Sarah said. This was much easier than punishing one of her daughters for stepping out a line she thought as she took another sip of her drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back