Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Monty liked to think he still had a decent memory, but when it came to old faces, he might as well have been obliviated for all he could remember where he'd seen them. Professor Harrington was a case like this. Monty knew - he knew he'd seen her before. But as he couldn't for his life recall where, why, or how, he had yet to summon the courage to raise it with her. Perhaps he was mistaken. Perhaps he'd dreamed once of a similar face, or known somebody with a likeness to hers. For the last year, Monty had been quietly puzzling over this problem, until at last, Sarah now employed in a full-time position at the castle, he decided to approach her.

A few professors lingered in the common room, chatting to one another, exchanging gossip. Monty waited for the majority to disperse before seizing his opportunity to speak with her alone - minimising the humiliation, as it were. "Sorry," he said, already beginning to blush. "This is going to sound completely bizarre, but... I can't help feeling as if I recognise you from somewhere. Do you think we might have met before? Before you came to work here, I mean. I'm sorry - I'm sure I must be mistaken, but I'll be liable to forever wonder if I don't ask."

Sarah was mostly minding her own business in the Professor Common Room/Lounge. She enjoyed the tea that was available there so she often made her way down there when she wasn't busy up in the Astronomy tower. She felt a person coming close to her and looked up to see one of the Professors that she thought might be around her own age starting to talk with her. She let him finish not really remember herself if she knew him or not. "Oh well, maybe once we did? My maiden name is Jones," Sarah offered while stirring her tea hoping it would cool enough to drink it soon. She had a terrible time with names and couldn't remember this gentleman's name, or really what he was a teacher of. She still had plenty to learn at this Hogwarts. It made her wonder how Hogwarts Scotland was doing, she missed the castle and lake there. Though this school was equally beautiful and closer to her home now.

"Sarah Jones..." Monty repeated slowly, as if waiting for the name to strike a chord of recognition within him. He couldn't say it did. If he'd met her before, he'd probably never known her name. But her face was so familiar; he was sure he knew her, and became only surer the longer he stood there. She looked to be about his age, or perhaps a little younger, which led Monty to wonder if they might have attended school together. "I'm sorry; I'm not sure. Did you attend Hogwarts Scotland, perhaps?"

Sarah smiled as the man said her maiden name, it sounded odd and foreign to her now although she had spent many years going by it. She had been a Harrington for more than twenty years now, how strange it seemed to have been married for that long. She listened to his questioned and smiled, "Yes I did! I graduated, well, you wouldn't except a women to really own up to her graduating year. But I was in Ravenclaw I will admit to that, quite proud to as well," she said with a light laugh. She wondered thinking about the names of students around her age if this man had been one of those students. She had spent time with older students quite a lot as the group of students in Scotland were much smaller than here in New Zealand, as the pool of students had been much smaller those days, students just coming from the UK mainly.

Something was coming back to Monty. "Yes," he said, recognition lighting his eyes gradually, then all at once. "Sarah Jones - you were in the duelling club, weren't you? You must have been a year or two beneath me. I knew we'd met!" Being in different years, they'd never duelled one another, but Monty had certainly seen Sarah around. "Sorry - I'm a Ravenclaw, too," he explained. "I graduated in 2017. Please, don't feel obliged to tell me your age; it's hardly my intention to ask. Besides which, you look terrific. Really - lovely. I mean, not that that's important, as I don't doubt that you are an exceptional woman in all the areas of your life over which you have control, and... yes. We didn't talk much at school, did we? You won't have yet experienced the misfortune of hearing me open my mouth." Monty smiled ruefully. "So how have you been, anyway? Have you been teaching for long, or is this a relatively new endeavour?"

Sarah's reaction was rather delayed compared to Monty's. It had only come to her after he had said something himself. He talked an awful lot, which surprised her during meetings he never seemed to be the most talkative. But now his words seemed to be the sort where he was attempting to cover up for previous words, which she just smiled to. He was just a few years older than she was, two in fact. "Yes! I completely remember you now! You were two years above me, my you have changed, but also haven't," she stated glancing over him. She hadn't ever been that nervous to speak to the older students but for some reason she hadn't ever talked to Monty and his group of friends, but they had been in dueling club together. "I'm surprised we never talked much!" Sarah said. She then moved on to his question, "Well, teaching magical classes is very new to me, I taught the older Astronomy classes last semester before coming on full time for the lower years. I previously taught young muggles in a muggle school for years, so teaching isn't really new to me," she said with a light laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back