Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
asexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
It wasn’t exactly something they’d talked about at length - yet somehow they’d both intrinsically agreed - but moving in together seemed to make sense for the both of them. The initial awkwardness of their relationship was gone now and all they wanted from each other was friendship and a co-parent. All they really cared about together was the happiness and health of their son, Finley. Still, there would probably be some slight awkwardness because they would now be out on their own together and have to make actual decisions about their son’s life - his mother had done a wonderful job but Finley was his and Sam’s son, not hers - and there were moments in time where Zennon wasn’t sure if he was ready for the responsibility.​
“This place is great!” He said, trying to be optimistic. It wasn’t huge, just enough for the three of them and an extra space for privacy for Sam, but it was what they could afford with the small stipend he’d allowed from his mother - he wanted them to do this on their own, to support themselves and each other without relying on other people too much.​
“We can set up Finley’s crib in the corner and everything else is sectioned off,” he said, turning to Sam who was holding Finley. “I think we can do this place up nicely, don’t you?” They’d needed this, he thought - a chance to start fresh. They’d spent a lot of time under his mother’s roof so she’d had a lot of say in how they raised their son - but now they were on their own they had a chance to explore what they could be as parents. So far they seemed to line up pretty well with what they wanted for him and from each other and Zennon dearly hoped that wouldn’t chance.​
And if it did, he hoped thy had the strength to talk about it and resolve any issues.​

After everything that had happened last year, Sam was relieved when her and Zennon had agreed that the best option was to move in together. They worked, as co-parents, although they weren't the typical young, married couple in love, Sam would not have it any other way now. Because what had happened gave her Finley, the person she loved the most in the world. And part of the reason was because realistically, Sam had nowhere else to go. She had been kicked out of her childhood home ages ago now, and she'd been staying at several people's houses since then. But she knew that she could no longer do that. She didn't like to be in people's way, and it was high time she learned to become one hundred percent independent. From her family, from her friends, even though she of course would go to them still if she needed help and support.
This was good enough for her, for now, however. They would have their own space, which was really all that mattered. It had been a mutual decision, both to live together with Finley and the house choice. They didn't exactly need something extravagant or fancy, so it would do. Just as long as Sam didn't have to be in anyone's hair anymore. She gave Zennon a smile as she looked around their new home. "I love it already," she confirmed with a nod. She glance down at Finley fondly. "I think we're going to be very happy here, right Fin?" she cooed, attempting to tickle him. The fact that Zennon hated when she called him Fin instead of Finley escaped her mind. "I think that's a good idea, actually." That way it would be fairly easy for either her or Zennon to go to him when he cried. "I do think that yes," she nodded again. She already had some ideas on how to decorate the place, where everything should go, so she reminded herself to speak to Zen about that too. "You want to start unpacking, or should we eat first?"

The fact that Sam continued to call their son Finley despite him telling her he didn’t like it made him sigh in fondness. Even though they’d not worked out as a couple, they were friends first and he was glad they seemed to have been able to slip back into that dynamic easily. Still, she insisted on calling him Fin and it was annoying because he didn’t like the name. He liked Finley, but not Fin. He wasn’t sure why, but that was just the way things were for him.​
“Do you really have to call him Fin?” He asked, moving to poke Finley in the stomach and tickle him fondly. He squirmed a little in Sam’s arms and it made Zennon smile. The thought that he’d ever been scared of this boy, of his child, it was ludicrous. He loved him more than anything in the world and he adored Sam for helping him bring their child into their lives. So what if it wasn’t the best circumstance to be in at their age? All that mattered was that Finley would have two parents that loved him very much and cared about each other too.​
“I think we can manage to do both, we’re pretty capable wizards after all,” he said, grabbing his wand out of his pocket and flicking it at the box on the counter where they’d packed a small supply of food to get them started. Zennon wasn’t the best at cooking, but he was decent at least. He was sure they had time to get better and he was good at potions at least. “We can float most of this into place I’d say.”
They didn’t have all that much, but what they did have was fine. “And anything we need to put together we can do a little later. It’s still pretty early, we’ve got some good hours of daylight yet.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back