Quiet Reflection

"Day before,"she said, propping her chin in her hands. The sound of the beating of the rain above their heads lulled her, helping her to feel more calm. "At least we'll have two weeks on break, no students, no grading, no responsibilities. Ahh, that's the life,"she sighed. "If someone were to hand me the deed to my own deserted island, I'd be set."

"I'm not so sure I'd like an island." Professor King began, "I don't like loneliness and there is nothing else to do on a deserted island but be lonely." Nicolas ended, matter-of-factly. "So, if we're leaving via the school fireplace and dinner is Christmas Ever are we staying at the school the first day of break?" He asked, still not completely understanding the plans he had just made.

^_^

"Well, I'm leaving the same day school lets out. I have to have a talk with my parents and an old friend about what happened. Plus to help my mother out,"she said, looking at the dregs of tea in the bottom of her cup. "You could floo over Christmas Eve morning, if you'd like. I'll give you the exact location to say. Does that all sound alright?"

"That sounds fine." Nicolas nodded in agreeance.

Cecily checked the large clock hanging above the door. "Oh dear, I have to get up to the castle to change before class starts. Thank you for talking with me,"she said sincerely, resting her hand on Nicolas for a moment before placing her teacup on the service tray.

Professor King nodded, set his unfinished tea on the service, and stood. "It's always a pleasure, you know that." he assured her as he started to walk towards the greenhouse door, the rain easing.

Cecily walked behind him to the door. She looked out at the rain and sighed. "Can we apparate to the entrance hall or is that in lock down right now?"she quipped, grinning.

"We could." Professor King confirmed, "Though I think a walk may do me some good right now." he continued, wanting every possible moment to sort out his own mind.

"I think I will,"she said, thinking that he probably needed time to himself. She accio'd her cloak from across the room and threw it around her shoulders, the fabric swirling and settling around her feet. "See you, then,"she said shyly, impulsively kissing his cheek before apparating away.

Nicolas gave a small smile as Cecily kissed his cheek. He then opened the Greenhouse door, stepped outside into the light rain, shut the door behind him and started his walk back toward the castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back