Pride Event, 2046

Landon recognised many of the students that he saw, giving them a wave. He spotted Lilyanna before realising that her twin sister was the one who organised it all. So when he was done looking at the brochures he turned to Eleanor to congratulate her. "Well done, Eleanor." he said kindly before turning around and walking away to look at the other stalls. As Landon saw a face painting stall he was quick to approach it, smiling at the Head Boy as he was already painting someone's face. The man hadn't had his face painted in years but he definitely wanted to. "Hey, this isn't only for the students, right?" he asked, hoping he would be allowed to participate. He didn't care if the Head Boy wasn't even that good at it as he simply wanted to have some fun.

Diane was glad to see that not only did Lilyanna not recoil at her being so close she almost seemed to like it. The surprise on the girls face was cute and it was exactly the reaction she was hoping for. She loved surprising her girlfriend. "That's what I wanted you to think," Diane smirked at the girl. "This is pride and well you know, we're a gay couple, you'd think I'd miss this?" She smiled at her. Diane knew their relationship had its challenging but Lilyanna was worth the effort and for all the difficulties the girls smile still melted Diane's heart.

Lizzie nodded, relieved that Hayley wasn't close with Amber. The less she had to think about the prissy Hufflepuff, the better. Right now, talking to Hayley was much more interesting. Lizzie wasn't able to hold back a grin when Hayley confirmed what the badges on her coat had said about her, nodding in response to the other girl's question. "Awesome. I, yeah, I'm... girls too. I mean, like, gay. For girls. Yes." She laughed awkwardly, tucking her hair behind her ear and trying to calm the butterflies in her stomach. Lizzie wasn't usually the nervous type, and she saw no reason to be anything other than confident now. There was no harm in asking, and if Hayley said no they could always laugh about it later. "So, hey, would you maybe, like, wanna hang out some time? I mean, like... we can hang out any time, but I mean, like, in a gay way?" Behind Lizzie's grin her brain was silently screaming at the trainwreck jumble of nonsense she had said, but the words were out there now, the question was asked, and all Lizzie could do was smile, and try not to let her nerves show.

Hayley found herself grinning in response to Lizzie's own grin, and realised that here and now, she was genuinely the happiest she'd been in weeks. She chuckled in response to Lizzie's clumsy confirmation, not that she'd done much better herself in terms of using words coherently around the other girl. "Good," she said without thinking, then nervously brushed her hair back behind her ear. "I mean, I'm glad that you're. Um." She was glad that Lizzie was gay, but that was a weird thing to say, and Hayley wasn't entirely sure why she'd blurted it out. "I'm Um." Was Lizzie asking her on a date? Hanging out in a gay way sounded like a date . . . Could Hayley do that? Did she want to do that? She'd never thought about it beyond wanting to date Harley. Could she date someone else while Harley was . . . ? Yes! F*** it! She was having fun with Lizzie! She couldn't let her feelings for Harley hold her back forever! Realising she'd been lost in thought for an uncomfortably long time, Hayley gave Lizzie a reassuring grin. "Yes! I'd love to hang out in a gay way." There was the slightest note of teasing in her voice as she repeated Lizzie's words, but she felt like the Gryffindor would realise she meant it in a good way. She meant all of it in a good way.

The silence between Lizzie's question and Hayley's answer felt like it was stretching forever and Lizzie pushed her hair behind her hair nervously, trying not to rush the other girl. She had really enjoyed hanging out with Hayley, and wanted to see if things could go further. It was hard not to jump in and try to convince her to agree, but Lizzie waited with baited breath, her bright grin widening even further when Hayley's response was positive. "Great!" Lizzie said excitedly, touching Hayley's arm. "Awesome, that's really cool." She said happily, shifting her weight from one foot to the other nervously. "Let's, uh... we'll make some plans." Lizzie beamed, trying to think of fun things they could do together for a first date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back