Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (René)
Wand
Straight 10 Inch Sturdy Ivy Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Open after Kris posts with René

Gwen had attended the previous school event with a date, which had been nice. She was pretty sure she had been one of the only first years with a date, which definitely had made her look good. But she had spent most of that night with Leonardo Orr, who wasn't exactly thrilling company. Tonight, Gwen decided she needed to use the dance to socialize a bit more and expand her social circle. Especially as it would be easier to talk to older students and those in different houses at an event like this. She had put together a cute pink outfit, but nothing too fancy. This wasn't a ball, so Gwen assumed it was a little less formal. She looked around for a bit, appreciating the decorations. Then she spotted a familiar face, and smiled brightly as she approached him. "Hi René!" She said, greeting the older boy. "Where's your date?"

René always felt like he stuck out like a sore thumb at things like this. The dances were all fun in theory but once René got there he felt too tall, too gangly, too over dressed and yet somehow still too overdressed. He jammed his hands in his pockets, looking around to see if he could spot his roommates or Caleb and Louis, though he quickly removed them at the thought of stretching out his jacket. He spun ungracefully when someone called out his name, pleasantly surprised (and a little terrified) to see Gwen. He had to admit she looked pretty cute, and he quickly glanced over again to look for his friends or his brother to see if they might be able to catch him right now talking to a girl. "Oh, hey. No date, aye. I mean, I'm just hanging out with my friends and stuff," he said, shrugging a few times and trying not to think too hard about what Louis had said over yule about how to ask people out. He'd said he should compliment her right? Would it be weird to ask if Gwen wanted to be his date now that they were already at the ball. Assuming she didn't have one. Did most first years get dates? "Are you you here with your um. Friends?"

Gwen tossed her hair back and laughed softly, ducking her head. "Oh, sorry." She said."I just figured you would." She smiled at him shyly. "But that means we can talk, which is nice." She said, smoothing down her skirt. "Unless you have to get back to your friends, which I would understand." She added quickly. At his question, Gwen hesitated. "I was looking for them but I haven't seen them yet." She said, glancing around uncertainly. "I mean, I found one." She then added, smiling at him.

René's eyes followed Gwen's hair as she tossed it, wondering for a moment if girls could do that on purpose to get peoples' attention or not. He was tongue tied at the implication that Gwen thought he'd already have his own date, standing up a little taller. It wasn't that far-fetched, he reasoned. He was on the Quidditch team after all, even if he wasn't a starter like Celia. "No, no, we can talk, it's cool. They're not going anywhere," René said in a rush, flapping a dismissive hand in the vague direction he guessed Louis and Caleb were. He often felt like he was standing on the outside of those two anyway, so spending some time with other people couldn't hurt and René knew he was blushing when Gwen called him her friend. "Right, yeah totally. Do you uh. Have you done big events and stuff like this before? My old school didn't really do dances but we had sports days and stuff," René said. He didn't know if Gwen had grown up as a witch or not, maybe all the enchanted roses and ceilings and weird music was just normal to her, and René didn't want her to think he was lame for still finding it cool.

Gwen giggled when René said his friends weren't going anywhere, glancing at the direction he had been gesturing in. She saw a few people there, but no one who looked very interesting. She turned her attention back to René. He aksed her a question and Gwen considered it for a moment. She tapped her chin. "We had parties and stuff, but nothing like this." She said, looking around. "This is big." She said, her eyes wide as she glanced up at the flowers falling from the ceilings. "There are so many snacks, have you tried any yet?" She asked him. "I couldn't even pick what to get." She added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back