practicing

Fell hard on the platform. That is going to hurt tommorow he thought. he reached over to grab his wand . He knew that he would be a fool to stand straight up so he thought and it came to him.

"Avis!" yelled Durick . Birds had sprang from the tip of his wand. as the birds started towards bruin.

Durick yelled "Nox!"

The room fell dark... :ph43r:

(((OOCL Doesnt Nox only put out Lumos? I probably am wrong...))))

Zoe-Hope gave a little high shreek as the lights went out.

(((thats what i thot too)))

Bruin wasn't quite sure what to do...he thought he had seen some birds headed his direction before the lights went out and hoped that Finite Incantatem might stop them in their tracks the way they had gotten rid of the bats in the Bat Bogey Hex, but just in case he rolled off the platform, threw the shoe in the professor's direction and prepared himself to cast Protego

(((Zoe i am going to use you for a sec.)))

As soon as the lights went out. They went back on. It seemed that zoe had turned them back on and before Forrest could react he got hit in the face square in the nose. Blood began to pour from Durick's nose but he could not let his gaurd down. Forrest turned and aimed a spell at bruin's legs.
Locomotor Mortis

"Aw crap!!!" Bruin muttered to himself as yet another spell he didn't know hurtled his way. Bruin decided to go on the offensive, he took a couple of strides directly towards the professor and leveled his wand, yelling Stupefy! as he did so. He flicked his wand and sent the stunning spell in the direction of the professor just as the Locomotor Mortis spell struck him, freezing him in his tracks.

Bruin's spell hit Forrest square in the chest, which sent the man flying back. As Durick layed on his back stunned he knew that bruin could not walk. For the spell that hit Bruin was the Locomotor Mortis! which stops the victim from moving their legs. It was a spell that he had used on a few criminals when he worked for the minisrty years ago. Forrest made a mental note to have King teach bruin that one later. Silence filled the air the battle would now be decided based on the next few move ...

(((Stirctly OOC but at hogwarts nz we determine duels by the first person knocked out... but if you have a diffrent way you want to play it thats kool too!!!)))

Bruin was stuck in place, but could still move his wand...he yelled Expelliarmus and flicked his wand in the professor's direction.

The duel was over. Bruin was an amazing student . He would grow to become a great wizard. With that said and stupefy wearing off he stammered back on to his feet. he pcked up his wand and aimed the counter spell at bruins legs "Mobilicruris!"

"You are going to do just fine up against the potter girl" Forrest said as helped bruin straighten up.

"Thanks for taking it easy on me professor...that was awesome!!!", Bruin said as he shook some feeling back into his legs. "Say, that's a pretty cool wand you have...what is it made of???"

"This is a very , very specail wand it is a 13 1/2 willow wood wand with Veela hair core. This is no ordinary wand, it holds magical secret that i am still not sure of. what is your if you dont mind me asking" replied Durick.

"Mine is Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring...according to Mr. Ollivander, it was previously owned by Professor Vindictus Veridian or something like that, author of one of our textbooks and a former Charms professor...it's sweet!!!" Bruin replied....

Hmmm....
Durrick though about the wand and the bruin boy

~Cherry/Maple has the ability to make the weilder a spledid duelist. The reason being is for the maple enhances intellectual pursuits and learning. if the user listens to the wand the wand will make the right choice. As for the cherry it is a has a here and now magic which makes the user intuitive .
~ the lengeth of the wand increase priscion and aim which allows it to hardly miss and makes it a strudy length it also gives the weilder a little extra kick to thier spells
~Dragon hearstring gives off great strength and demands loyalty it makes it harded to trade hands from owner to owner . IT is also great in herbology or at least against or with magical plants.

"you have an awesome wand as you said " professor Durrick smiled.

As the duel was over, Zoe cheered for Bruin,"Good job, you were both great! I learned alot from this duel!" Then she got up to shake Bruins' hand.

Bruin was still trying to catch his breath...he smiled as the professor commented on his wand...it had performed amazingly for him, at times it seemed that it had almost told him what to do without Bruin having to think about it...

Bruin turned to Zoe-Hope, looked at her outstretched hand, ignored it and gave her a huge bear hug, lifting her off the floor in the process...nothing really romantic about it, more of a "Thank god I'm still alive and able to hug you" -kind of hug...

Bruin really admired Zoe-Hope's attitude on the Quidditch pitch and he was so glad she had been in the dueling chamber to witness the duel...it had all happened so fast, he was kind of hoping that she could fill him on some of the details of what had actually happened...

Bruin turned back to the professor... "So what could I use to defend myself better against those birds you sent at me??"

Zoe tried to smile as Bruin hugged her, but was being squeezed too tightly. Then gasped for air as she wa released. "Yes Professor, that was a great move you had there!" she said also wondering the same thing about a counter-spell.

"So does anyone want to practise dueling with me?" She asked, facing Professor Durick Forrest, and Bruin. Then, she tried to remember the spells that first years could cast only, and practised on a dummy. Wingardium Leviosa! and the dummy flew up in the air, and she shot it across the room.

"Sure, if it's alright with the professor?", Bruin said... not waiting for a response he asked "So, which end do you want?"

"Doesn't really matter to me." Zoe said then walked to the nearest platform, loostened her tie, then drew her wand.

((( no worries, we can try later)))

Bruin took his place at the far end of the platform, faced Zoe-Hope and bowed. He took his stance and raised his wand and waited for her to make the first move.

Zoe bowed down, keeping her eyes on Bruin, then took a ready position. Expelliarmus! she muttered pointing towards Bruin, hoping that it works.

Bruin smiled, he had used Expelliarmus as his first spell against Professor Forest just moments ago. He flourished his wand and cast Protego , putting up a small, but effective shield charm. Zoe-Hope's spell appeared to be partially deflected and partially absorbed by his spell. He stood and waited for another attack, taking a quick side step to his left, trying not to become a stationary target for Zoe-Hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back