practicing

Durick Forrest

Durick walked into the dueling room and to his relief it was empty. As he walked over to a dummy he raised his wand and shouted"levicorpus" as the dummy raised in the air professor durick concentrated and casted the non verbal counter spell Liberacorpus!

Bruin wandered into the dueling chamber hoping to practice a little...he had a match scheduled in the second year tourney with Courtney and wanted to be as prepared as possible for it. Bruin knew from class that she was pretty good and that she had been training a little on the side with Liz and Professor King. A little practice was certainly in order before he had his first tournament match.

Bruin noticed that there was a new professor in the chamber already, seeminlgy moving some dummies around without even talking. Pretty cool, he thought.

"Umm, excuse me...I'm Bruin...a second year Gryffindor...do you mind if I come in and practice a little??? I've entered the tournament for second years and want to practice a little first.", Bruin said hoping it would be alright. :unsure:

Professor Forrest lowered the dummie to the ground. he turned to see that their was Bruin one of the student that he would be teaching in herbology this year. Forrest looked the boy from head to toe. their was something that burned in bruins eyes...it was determination.Interesting.

"Yeah, come on over "

"You said that you have a duel coming up!?"

"Yep...first round match against a girl named Courtney Potter...we work together at Gladrags and she's pretty good as far as I can tell. I'm not bad with the basics...can I show you a few?" Bruin asked respectfully

"Yeah go ahead and use the dummy...." Forrest thought for a second and had an idea.
"why dont we sparr a little i would only use some basic level spell and sharms then i can correct anything you are doing wrong."

Zoe walked into the dueling chamber, and noticed that Bruin, and Professor were about to have a duel, "Do you mind if i watch?" she asked hoping to possibly get some pointers.

Bruin pulled out his wand, pointed it at the dummy, gave it a subtle swish and flick and said Stupefy with authority. The dummy slid backwards a few feet and bumped into the wall.

Bruin turned to the Professor..."Um, alright, we can try sparring, I think...where do you want me to stand?", Bruin said hesitantly

"Bruin i want you too stand at the other end of the dueling platform okay." said Forrest as he climbed the platform.

Zoe-Hope jogged across to the furthest corner, and sat down and watched them sparring. "thanks much!" she said as she jogged.

Bruin took his position as instructed at the other end of the dueling platform and gave Zoe-Hope a quick, but nervous-looking smile. He raised his wand slightly and took a defensive posture, staggering his legs so that he could move to either side or dive forward easily..."Alright Professor, what's next?"

Forrest PLace his right foot behind him . This was the stance that one him many duels inhis day. It allowed him to spin and jump as needed.
"Well here we go "
"Wands at the ready"
"1

3 Duel" .........

Bruin took a quick step to his right, flicked his wand and yelled Expelliarmus!, a red flash shot down the platform directly at the professor...Bruin lowered himself to a crouch and readied himself to cast a shield charm if his first spell was unsuccessful.

Forrest had only a second to react "Protego". As the spell hit the shield Forrest chuckled Bruin was fast and thinking ahead.

Forrest spun to the right and shot off "Silencio". The spell flew and was on target . Forrest step right back into his stance and ready for what would happen next.

Bruin hadn't heard of Silencio! before, but hoped he didn't have to find out what it did. He quickly cast Protego!, and hoped that it was an effective shield spell for it.

"It is a silencing spell its counter is Sonorus which is a magnifing spell both would come in handy when you up against a dueler who has not master non-verbal spells" yelled Durick to bruin when the spell missed and hit a dummy be hing him.

"Thanks for the tip!" Bruin yelled as he pointed his wand at the professor's discarded robes. Bruin uttered Wingardium Leviosa and gave his wand a flick in the professor's direction...the robes flew across the platform and billowed out in front of the professor, temporarily obscuring him from view.

Zoe-Hope watches in awe at this duel, she being a first year had only practised with dummies, and had not seen a real duel.

Bruin was resourceful. "accio wand" yelled Durick and hope it would still work . He never had to use it from behind something before.

Bruin felt a tugging sensation on his wand, but managed to maintain his grip long enough to yell Stupefy! and send off a stunning spell in the direction of the robes and where he thought the professor would be...his wand slipped from his hand and went spiraling down the platform in the tow of the stunning spell. Bruin threw himself on the floor and watched the far end of the platform with baited breath.

This would be fun after all.
Professor Forrest heard the spell but he could not dodge it and maintain Accio so he let the spell slipp away and jumpe to the left, but it cost him. Forrest trip and dropped his wand.

As he picked it up he wander what bruin was doing now.

Bruin called Accio Wand and was surprised to see his wand quickly returning to him...he gripped it and felt a surge of power shoot up his arm... Bruin noticed the professor was temporarily wandless and pointed his wand at the professor and yelled Levicorpus, giving his wand a slight upward flick as he did so.

Professor was hoisted up into the air. He had to be resourceful. he wiggled one of his shoe loose. And kick hard in bruin direction. Forrest want to see what bruin would do.

Bruin swatted at the incoming shoe knocking it down beside him, but lost concentration on his Levicorpus spell. He took a step backwards, pointed his wand at the professor and yelled Expelliarmus again at him. Bruin crouched down and picked up the shoe in his left hand as he did so, careful to not take his eyes off the professor as he did so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back