practiceing

Bruin lunged forward trying to tag Courtney and realized quickly what a mistake he had made...his broom flipped forward unexpectedly and he considered himself fortunate to have maintained his grip...the only problem was that he was thrown off his broom in the process. Much to his dismay, Bruin found himself hanging in the air with his broom hovering steadily above him.

Bruin realized that while he wasn't in any immediate danger, that he didn't exactly know how to remount his broom while airborn...he did a chin-up, but was unable to flip his leg up and over the broom handle...he looked down and realized that the drop would probably hurt if he let go, resignedly, he turned to the others and shouted...

"Ummm, hanging out with you all, is lots of fun, but would anyone like to help me back up onto my broom??? Please......"

Pungahn laughed to herself, but she knew how much danger he was in and she zoomed over to Bruin. gently she hovered so that he could ride on the back of her broom as she brought him to the ground.
"there, you're back on tera firma. maybe someone else should be it... i guess thats me!"

"Are yo okay?" Fia yelled to Bruin from her broomstick in the air. He looked okay, but she just wanted to make sure...

"Oh...I'm fine." Bruin said with a grin... "I meant to do that..." he added, trying to sound convincing...

"Oh and Pungahn??? You're right...you are it!" and with a quick slap on her back, he leapt on to his broom and took off again..."...oh yeah, and no touchbacks!!!"

"Good one, Bruin!" Fia shouted, now trying to avoid Pungahn.

Kaela walked over with a borrowed broom and saw the people flying above her. She stopped and looked up at them, calling out. "Hey, would it be all right if I flew with you guys? I really need the practice."

"Cool thanks, Fia!"
Kayla flew over to the girl named Kaela, and said "sure we are playing tag to practive and pungahn is it!"

Kayla flew around trying to avoid Pungahn. She accidently turned to hard and almost fell off her broom but she recovered in time.

Kaela smiled. "Sounds like fun." She mounted her broom and kicked off, flying up to join them. She looked around and spotted Pungahn, then turning an flying in a different direction.

Courtney flew to the center of the field, wondering if Punghan would come in that direction. "Yo! Punghan" She squealed as she zig zagged away.

Kaela saw Courtney zig zag and wondered if she could do something like that. She hadn't tried anything like that yet. From her spot on the edge, Kaela zig-zagged to the middle and nearly fell off of her broom. She stopped and steadied herself, now in the middle of the field.

"Hey Kaela" Courtney yelled. "I was nervous to try it to. But if I didn't, then I would have never gotten the hang of it. We're doing well I believe. Let's just hope we don't get tagged."

Kaela giggled. "Yeah, you have to try to learn. I sure hope I don't get tagged!" Kaela tried to zig zag across to the edge of the field and was much more steady this time.

Liz had a sudden idea- I wonder if whoever is 'it' is scared of heights?

She brought herself 100 feet higher than the rest. Safety in air?

Pungahn saw all of them scrambling away from her. she realized that a lot of them were not very steady on their brooms yet. she wanted a challenge. looking around from her point near one of the goal posts she spotted Liz up very high compared to the others. figuring all the others that were lower were afraid of falling, she leaned forward and speed up to the same height as Liz. "ok, Liz, make it challenging for me!"

Liz grinned. Now this she liked.

"Alrighty! But you asked for it!" Liz started flying higher, at top speed. One of her major advantages was her complete lack of fear of heights.

Pungahn grinned as she flattened herself to her firebolt to gain top speed. she wasn't even going to think of the height, for she never took her eyes off her target. slowly she crept closer to the still ascending Liz.

Liz slowed down for a moment to let Pungahn get closer. Liz knew it would be harder for Pungahn to turn quickly if she didn't have enough time to react.

As soon as she was about a broomswidth away, she made an abrupt turn to the left, and down, at an angle. She didn't want to go for an all-out ground-dive. Pungahn might get hurt. So might Liz for that matter- the firebolt was still pretty new.

She dove at an angle, for one of the hoops on the quidditch pitch, as fast as the broom could take her. She clung to the broom, legs wrapped around it tightly and her torso left no room between itself and the broom.

Courtney laughed at started zig zagging around again. "This is fun, and she's not even AFTER us down here! Kaela, I say we try zig zagging through all of the hoops!" Courtney said as she started to speed in the direction of the quidditch hoops.

Pungahn was surprised as Liz dove quickly down. she had been expecting this. she dove down and managed to keep her line behind Liz 20 ft behind. her firebot speed up as she had been practicing and she saw the earth get ever closer. she realized Liz was aiming for a quidditch hoop, so she swerved towards the other side of the hoop, hopeing to cut her off...

Kaela zig-zagged over to Courtney, feeling much more confident on the broom already. "Yeah, let's go through the hoops!" She followed Courtney, weaving and zig-zagging, trying to get the hang of moving in the air, heading in the direction of the hoops.

Liz turned back to check Pungahn's position. Where did she go? she thought.

Suddenly, Liz hit something in the air as she was approaching the quidditch hoops. She turned to see what it was, and blacked out after she caught a glimpse of hair.

Pungahn swore to herself as she saw Liz and Kaela collide. if it were at all possible, she sped as fast as she could and caught Kaela as she fell from her broom and the broom fell from lack of rider.
carefully, Pungahn landed and set Kaela down on the ground

Elizabeth woke up for a moment, in midair.

Two bleary thoughts.

Where's my broom?

The ground is getting closer...

And then everything was black again, as she hit.

"Liz!" Pungahn took off on her broom towards to castle to find the nurse from the hospital wing.

Courtney saw the collision as she was about to go through a hoop, "Oh my Goodness!" She flew down as quick as possible, hoping that Elizabeth would be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back