Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Swishy Vine Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
In the years that she'd been President of the SDA, Bee didn't hold many meetings with the entire group because she preferred the students used their time to practice dueling with partners. But today was a special occasion and she hoped others would be as excited for it as she was. Of course, she wanted to welcome everyone and introduce the new members to what the club was about, but that was not the mission for today's event. Today, Bee brought in a whole bunch of markers to the different sizes of posters or banners into the room and dumped them all rather unceremoniously on the floor in front of her as she waited for everyone to arrive. Since this club always held a dueling tournament in the second semester, the professors had decided to indulge themselves and partake in the fun by hosting a dueling tournament of their own this semester. Therefore, Bee thought it was their duty as the Student Defense Association to cheer on the professors with posters and signs for them while they watched the duels from the sidelines. Bee herself was thinking of making one for her Head of House and was just thinking of what to write on her sign when the first few members began trickling into the room.
OOCOut of Character:
This is just a general meeting, but Bee has brought posters & markers for students to make signs to cheer on (or not cheer on :r ) their favorite professor(s) during the Professor's Dueling Tournament!! :woot: Feel free to RP your character holding/waving the signs here! :D

willow had heard that there was a meeting for the SDA and she was looking forward to it. she made her way all the way to the dungeons cursing the number of steps there were in the castle and wondering if someone should have thought of making a slide to get from the seventh floor to the ground. surely that was possible. or a series of slides.
when she entered the duelling chamber for the meeting she found Bethany there with a selection of different coloured papers and pens. "Hello Bethany, this is the SDA meeting right? she checked. she didn't think the sda chair ran any other clubs. but she wanted to be sure.

Analei was feeling anxious about attending the SDA poster making. She had never been to any of the meetings before, and though she didn't really have many friends in the group, she knew that Geo and Simon were part of the team as well, so she hoped they would be there. Upon entering the room, Analei noticed there weren't any people there yet, only the leader of the group, and another girl she didn't know. The blonde smiled at the two girls, making her way over to them. "Hey there, I'm Analei." Introducing herself was a good place to start, right?

Boredom always seem to be a motivation for Syrus, for he had thought about missing the first meeting with SDA club. That changed when he had nothing to do and nowhere else to be except that meeting. Syrus came in, sauntering with both hands sinking into his letterman jacket. "Hey," Syrus took up a seat and watched the club leader and the other members get acquainted. There wasn't that many here, maybe this first greet and meet would be cut short. He hoped so.

Coming round into the meeting, Chante was eager to be making posters for the professors that were dueling. It was bound to be very competitive and fun to see them in action. As new SDA member, Chante wanted to get down to creating some posters and cheering them on. "Willow, you're here too? B!tchin. Like that new word I learn?" Chante smiled big and greeted the others. "I'm Chante and here, ready to craft some stuff!"

Rose was looking forward to spectating the professors dueling match, but she wasn't particularly rooting for one professor over any other. There were plenty she wanted to see duel each other, but that was just for the fun of watching. If anything she'd have cheered on her own Head of House, if only he'd signed up for it, but last she'd heard his name wasn't listed. Curiously, a lone librarian had signed up, and Rose almost felt sorry for the woman, who would be unlikely to have very many supporters of her own, if any at all. So, upon entering the SDA club room, Rose made it a goal to make at least one sign for Irene Meredith. "Hey Bee!" The Ravenclaw greeted, already moving to fetch herself some writing equipment to start with sign-making. The girl was interested to see if there would be any one professor in particular that everyone was rooting for by the end of the day. There were definite favourites, but it was hard to tell if one was going to have the majority support over anyone else.

Willow turned around when she heard someone enter the room. the girl was familiar, they had had some classes together or so willow thought through the was not a gryffindor. "Hello Analei, I'm willow" she said as ways of introduction, "your second year too right?" she asked making sure. it would be good to know that she wasn't the only second year in the club. the next person who entered was an older boy who she thought she had seen in the common room but didn't know much more than that. "hey" she said as she nodded her head slightly in greeting as the boy went to sit down. the next time the door opened Willow knew exactly who the girl was before she even crossed the threshold. "Chante. I didn't know you were a member" she said glad to have her cousin here. that word is sweet as"[/b] she said smiling. that phrase was one she heard older teenagers say back at her home but not a phrase she used often. but new phrases were new phrases.

April liked being in the SDA, though she was still a little sad about how she had lost during the last tournament. This year, she was sure she would win for her year group. She was definitely going to beat Gideon! Skipping into the meeting room, she beamed at the students already there. She headed over to Bee. "Hi!" She said, grinning. "Who are you making a sign for? I'm making one for my dad." She said happily, proud he was competing in the tournament. She took a sign and a marker and started writing on it, careful to make her letters nice and big so he would be able to read it. There was no doubt in April's mind that her father would win, though she also wasn't sure how good he was at dueling. But surely, he would win! Her tongue poked out as she worked on the sign, all her focus going to making the letters beautiful.

Bee smiled as the first few members trickled in and nodded happily at Willow when she asked if this was the SDA meeting. It didn't take long for others to join and catch on to what the event was. "Hey guys! I'm Bee and this is the SDA," she quickly introduced herself in case some people didn't know yet. "I brought posters and banners for us to make signs to cheer on the professors in their Dueling Tournament coming up!" Bee clapped her hands together excitedly. "I figured since they're a bit older and probably slower and not used to dueling as much as we are, they could use some encouragement from us," she joked. "If you need help with a paint flashing charm or drawing or something, just let me know!" she said before grabbing her own poster to make a sign with. She was definitely going to make one for Professor Kingsley because she was clearly the coolest Head of House at Hogwarts and the Gryffindor hoped the woman won the tournament. As her friend Rose greeted her, Bee waved and then walked over to see what kind of sign she was making and sat down beside her. "Care to make a bet on who wins the whole thing?" she asked the Ravenclaw prefect with a grin on her face, not at all keeping her voice down so others could hear as well.

Syrus acknowledge those who return his greeting. He stood up once Bethany told the group what they were to be doing today. Syrus, wasn't really interested in making banners. He would've voiced his opinion, but he thought why the hell not. Professor Summers got his vote. The teen picked a red marker, spelling out the professor's name in bold letters. Syrus paid mind to what he was doing, then he noticed April. Somehow, he missed her grand entrance. In her typical fashion. Syrus, stride over with the work that was in progress. "You're a member here? Since when?"

Chante nodded, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" It made sense to her, since she dueled last year and all. "And if you haven't notice, cousin, I'm growing like my parents. I have to keep up with my techniques." Chante casually shrugged. She nowhere near their height, not even close. It didn't hurt to be prepare for these things. "Kun'si, so gonna kick our butts if she hear us talking like this!" Chante laughed, amused. "So, who you're rooting for? I think I'll take Pendleton or Pratt." Chante said while examining a blank board she picked up from the pile.

OOCOut of Character:
Kun'si - Grandmother ( Iris )
They're both slacking in Dakota's vocab. :r

April was in the middle of writing 'Matt Ward is the BEST' when she heard a familiar voice. She looked up and smiled at Syrus. "Since last year, I was in the tournament." She didn't mention how she had lost, though she was sure he would have remembered her if she had won for her year. Playfully, she pointed at his poster. "I can't condone you picking Professor Summers over my dad, I'm wounded." She said, though she was clearly joking.

There was a sense of competitiveness in the air, as people prepared to root for their favourite professors, and as Bethany came over, Rose couldn't be surprised by her question. "My galleons are on Professor Pendleton. Rumour is he's actually a decent duelist. If you ask me, I think he's got a few clever potions up his sleeve to help him." Thornhill said, though she wasn't too certain there were many that could boost someones chances of winning a duel. Liquid luck was the primary suspect, naturally, but other than that, none came to mind. "Professor Kingsley seems like someone who could handle herself too. She has plenty of experience dealing with all of Gryffindor's crazy antics, and I'm sure she has a few interesting spells she's picked up as the Head of House." She laughed. "I'm really surprised that Professor Styx didn't sign up, else my money would be on him."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back