PETITION!

Rudolf Lagowski

Farmer | Pheebs ♥

OOC First Name
Claire
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Maple Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
The new curfew was ridiculous. How was Rudolf supposed to get any studying done if he had to be out of the library practically before the sun went down? He certainly didn't feel inclined to carry those heavy books all the way up to the seventh floor just to carry on reading them. The curly haired boy sighed, lying face down on his bed and paging through a magazine without taking in any of the words. There had to be something he could do - both for himself and for his fellow Gryffindors, who were also suffering the consequences of someone else's actions.

Suddenly, Rudolf had an idea. He leapt from his bed and sprinted down to the maintenance cupboard, from which he easily found himself a clipboard and some parchment. Then he headed for the entrance hall. Plenty of students passed through the hall each hour, so he was certain to attract at least a few supporters there. With any luck, students from other houses would join his cause too. "Hi!" he said brightly, jogging up to the nearest student and thrusting the clipboard at them. "How do you feel about the current Gryffindor curfew? Would you take a moment to sign a petition against this unmerited infringement of our basic wizarding rights?" he gabbled, barely even pausing for air. He repeated this process with as many students as he could find, never despairing at the dirty looks he received by those who clearly couldn't have cared less about the curfew.

Petition said:
PETITION AGAINST THE GRYFFINDOR CURFEW

1. Rudolf Lagowski
Code:
[quote=Petition][center][i]PETITION AGAINST THE GRYFFINDOR CURFEW[/i][/center]

1. [class=g1y]Rudolf Lagowski[/class]
10.[/quote]

Whilst the new Gryffindor curfew didn't really have anything to do with Reuben, he was still feeling the consequences of the rule. Now that Rudolf had to be in his common room that much earlier, the Hufflepuff had even less time to spend with his twin. So when Reuben passed through the entrance hall that morning and saw Rudolf waving a clipboard at everything that moved, he approached with interest.

"This unmerited what of our what?" said Reuben, who hadn't heard of at least half the words that had just come out of his brother's mouth. He peered at the petition and shrugged, taking it to scribble his name down. "This will never work," he said as he handed it back. Being Rudolf's brother gave him the privilege of talking to him with complete honesty. "If you really want the curfew lifted, you should be doing something that'll actually make an impact. Give them a reason to listen to you!" Reuben knew he was wasting his breath. Rudolf was much too proud of his house points to lose them making any drastic sort of protest against the curfew. Since he had nothing better to do, Reuben hung around for a while to help round up new supporters.

Petition said:

1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
Code:

2. [class=h1y]Reuben Lagowski[/class]
10.[/quote]

Most of the Gryffindors had chosen to direct their anger towards Professor Kingsley and her ridged regime rather than at Hemi, or any other troublemakers. This was fine by him, he even encouraged it, noticing the Lagowski twins handing out a petition on his way to the Great Hall. "Yeah I'll sign it!" Hemi said, taking the clipboard before Rudolf had a chance to refuse Hemi's participation and signed his name. "It's a good idea, I don't think people should be punished for other people's rule breaking either" He grinned, handing the clipboard back to the Gryffindor. "Anyway, I'm starving, good luck with the petition." And with that Hemi passed into the Great Hall.

Petition said:

1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
3. Hemi Te Rua

Code:

3. [class=g1y]Hemi Te Rua[/class]
10.[/quote]

Charlotte wasn't quite sure why but she had heard around the school about a Gryffindor curfew that was currently in order. Apparently, the Gryffindors this year were not acting appropriately and so a punishment was needed to be placed. The Gryffindors seemed like such nice people and Charlotte could never imagine why this was happening. Sometimes she wondered if it was a joke and that people were just saying it because they liked spreading rumors. But something about seeing a Gryffindor boy standing in the entrance hall with a clipboard made her change her mind. He was asking people to sign a petition for it. Charlotte skipped over to him as she saw her friend sign it. "Yes! Me too! Anything to help my friends!" she exclaimed, taking the clipboard out of the Gryffindor's hands and signing it. She didn't want to miss out on doing something fun and thought that it would be a great way to help out and do something nice for her friends.

Petition said:

1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
3. Hemi Te Rua
4. Charlotte Owens

Code:

4. [class=s1y]Charlotte Owens[/class]
10.[/quote]

Maddie felt like wherever she went people were watching her, she was convinced that people knew she contributed to the rule breaking that caused Gryffindor to have a curfew. Hemi seemed to be fine with it and acted as normal but Maddie couldn't shake it. She wanted to make it right but she couldn't do it by herself. As she walked down to the Great Hall she saw a couple of figures hanging around outside shouting something about a petition... Maddie walked closer and noticed it was the Lagowski twins and her best friend Charlotte. She waited as Charlotte signed her name and Maddie asked if she could write next. She took the clipboard from Charlotte and scribbled her name. This was the kind of thing she was looking for, something that she could do to help. She smiled at the twins and Charlotte and gave the clipboard back.
Petition said:

1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
3. Hemi Te Rua
4. Charlotte Owens
5. Madeline Walden

Code:

5. [class=g1y]Madeline Walden[/class]
10.[/quote]

Orwell had of course heard of the current treatment of the Gryffindor students, mostly through his friendship with Archie, and he suffered because of it, due to a lack of cuddles and possibly time spent with his best friend, the nature of it had outraged Orwell, he couldn't believe that these students were being largely punished after the act of a few and he had spoken with Archie about his problems with it, but he'd been advised that perhaps this fight would be one to not get too involved with especially considering the most recent lot of trouble he'd gotten into with Professor Styx who had banned him from attending the DADA classes for the rest of his school, not that the teen really minded this outcome but it was an outcome that put him very much on the radar of the professors he was sure too soon following the trouble from the protest. The teen however was making his way to the Great Hall, seeking out Archie when he noticed two young students, who seemed to be yelling about a petition, the teen wandered over, unable to stop himself and then noted what the petition was for, "Punishing the many for the actions of the few is typical of those in positions of power like your head of house, or the headmistress," he told the boys with the clipboard, "Punish all to deter them from acting out against oppressive rules, when all it ends up doing is angering and inspiring the students unwilling to accept them. It is used to attempt to create inward fighting between students which would then help further their capitalist aims into making every student a perfect unquestioning rule-abiding citizen," he took the clipboard and signed his name, "If you need any help with the petition or anything else, I'm Orwell, you can find me in the wild patch," he told them before handing back the clipboard and heading into the great hall to find Archie, he didn't even realise half of what he said might not be understood by the students but he didn't remember that most people hadn't been taught politics before being taught maths.
Petition said:

1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
3. Hemi Te Rua
4. Charlotte Owens
5. Madeline Walden
6. Orwell Brocken

Code:

6. [class=r4y]Orwell Brocken[/class]
10.[/quote]

The Gryffindor Curfew wasn't a situation that only the students were displeased with, as not every professor had been too enthused about the particularly unfair punishment either. Being confined to their common room so early, on top of being banned from Brightstone had been quite harsh, in the wizard's opinion, as was the ridiculous amount of points being deducted for breaking the curfew. As a graduate from the school and previous student of Gryffindor house, he could sympathise with the kids who were suffering because of it. If he were their age, he'd be sneaking out as often as he could. Cyndi had intended to turn the students against each other, to incite bullying of the few who had caused trouble since the start of the year. That wasn't fair. That was not how a professor should handle any situation. What she hadn't expected was for them to lay the blame on her instead. Gryffindors were a tight bunch like that, which as another former Gryffindor student, she should have known.

So as the Transfiguration Professor entered the Entrance Hall and noticed the attention some students attempting to petition against their curfew were getting, he had no intention of ruining it for them. Instead, with a smile on his face, he approached the two holding a clipboard and asked for a quill.

</SIZE>
Petition said:

1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
3. Hemi Te Rua
4. Charlotte Owens
5. Madeline Walden
6. Orwell Brocken
7. Aeon Summers
<SIZE size="50">
Code:
[quote=Petition][center][color=black][i]PETITION AGAINST THE GRYFFINDOR CURFEW[/i][/center]

7. [class=professors]Aeon Summers[/class]
10.[/quote]

Professor Kingsley knew that the students were pissed at her, but she also knew that they'd obviously learned something as the pranks and being out of bounds had seemingly died down overnight. Heading to the Great Hall for breakfast, delighted that she was actually able to keep her favorite meal of the day down once more, the woman heard a loud commotion. By the time she'd arrived at the door, she knew what it was all about and the smile on her face had dimmed. There was no way of seeing exactly how many names were on the list, but she could see signatures, against her actions. Training her eyes straight ahead, the woman slipped into the room and to the staff table, trying her best to not show that she was hurt. She hadn't wanted to punish the entire house, but her hand had been forced. The house, and she still saw it as a group problem, had needed to remember that they weren't just wild children, allowed to do as they pleased. And that's the road she had seen the entire house going down, prefects and first years alike disregarding every little bit of sense she knew they had. By the time she'd pulled a plate towards her, she was able to put her mind on other things, still convinced she had done what was best in spite of the unpopularity of her actions, in order to feed the 'little monster' growing inside of her.

Kasper wanted to enter the Great Hall when another first year stopped him. He listened to the boy talking about the current curfew the Gryffindor's received from Professor Kingsley for breaking the rules too often. Kasper smiled at the Gryffindor boy and took the clipboard from him. ''Yeah, sure. I'll sign it if it helps Gryffindor out.'' He signed his name on the paper and gave the clipboard back to the boy in front of him. ''Good luck!'' Kasper said to the kid and entered the Great Hall.
Petition said:

1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
3. Hemi Te Rua
4. Charlotte Owens
5. Madeline Walden
6. Orwell Brocken
7. Aeon Summers
8. Kasper Snowhill

Code:
[quote=Petition][center][color=black][i]PETITION AGAINST THE GRYFFINDOR CURFEW[/i][/center]

8. [color=darkgoldenrod]Kasper Snowhill[/color]
10.[/quote]

Desi didn't have to think long at all about signing the petition. He didn't really understand all that the first year boy had said, but if it got this curfew lifted, he was all for it. "Sign me up!" he stated loudly as he signed his name in large, bold letters.
Petition said:

1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
3. Hemi Te Rua
4. Charlotte Owens
5. Madeline Walden
6. Orwell Brocken
7. Aeon Summers
8. Kasper Snowhill
9. Desislav Zhefarovich

Code:

9. [class=g3y]Desislav Zhefarovich[/class]
10.[/quote]

Kida was walking around the school grounds doing some monitoring when she noticed a young Gryffindor thrusting some parchment attached to a clipboard at student's asking for signatures to remove the Gryffindor Curfew, walking towards the boy's she listened to what they were saying to other students, Kida shook her head with slight amusement, In her Opinion the Curfew was ridiculous, Punishing and entire house would cause this sort of uproar.

Kida held out her hand and took the Clipboard, writing down her name she returned it to the young first year.

Petition said:

1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
3. Hemi Te Rua
4. Charlotte Owens
5. Madeline Walden
6. Orwell Brocken
7. Aeon Summers
8. Kasper Snowhill
9. Desislav Zhefarovich
10.Kida Frost

Code:
10.[class=professors]Kida Frost[/class]
11.[/quote][/nocode]

"Wow!" said Rudolf to Reuben between hailing new supporters. "I had no idea so many people would help!" His heart fell as Professor Summers approached, but when he only stopped to sign his name down, the Gyrffindor's smugness grew. Reuben was wrong - drastic action wasn't the only way to make an impact. Rudolf was making a mature and sensible stand against his Head of House's decision, and he was sure that with enough signatures, she would come around.

"Once we have enough signatures I'll take it to show Professor Kingsley," he said to nobody in particular, smiling as another Professor took the clipboard to sign. "Thanks, Professor! Have a nice day!" With all the support from the school on his side, Rudolf had never felt more cheerful - even if he did have to be in bed before Reuben tonight.

The new Gryffindor curfew was proving quite the challenge to keep up with. Patrolling duty had become a nightmare of a job - especially around the seventh floor corridor. Professor Pendleton didn't enjoy taking points from students, but when they were out of bed with no good reason, he didn't have much of a choice. Being rather timid by nature, he wasn't one to approach Cyndi himself, nor make a stand against the injustice. He was, however, inclined to sign a harmless petition when he came across it.

"Good luck!" he said, handing the clipboard back with a smile and strolling on by into the great hall to eat.

Petition said:
1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
3. Hemi Te Rua
4. Charlotte Owens
5. Madeline Walden
6. Orwell Brocken
7. Aeon Summers
8. Kasper Snowhill
9. Desislav Zhefarovich
10. Kida Frost
11. Monty Pendleton
Code:
[quote=Petition]1. [class=g1y]Rudolf Lagowski[/class]
10. [class=professors]Kida Frost[/class]
11. [class=professors]Monty Pendleton[/class]
[/quote]

The curfew had been a massive inconvenience for Skye. It had led to her cancelling all her plans that were arranged after the final meal of the day. That meant any meetings with Willow, or anyone else for that matter were off the table. At least any that happened after Dinner, which was often Skye's favourite time to meet Willow. Although since the rumors in the magazine had made suggestion about two seventh years running around together in dark little corners Skye had thought it best to stay away from the Ravenclaw. Although not a seventh year self, the source could simple of aged the Gryffindor wrong. Talk of the petition had been sweeping the Gryffindor common room all day so Skye felt it only right that she make her way down to support the first years who had taken then initiative. Although she had a sneaky suspicion that they were some of the ones to blame for the curfew being in place in the first place. Skye made her way down to the entrance hall and to where the stand with the petition had been set up. She picked up the quill and signed her name.

Petition said:
1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
3. Hemi Te Rua
4. Charlotte Owens
5. Madeline Walden
6. Orwell Brocken
7. Aeon Summers
8. Kasper Snowhill
9. Desislav Zhefarovich
10. Kida Frost
11. Monty Pendleton
12. Skye Taylor
Code:
<i>
</i>[quote=Petition]1. [class=g1y]Rudolf Lagowski[/class]
12. [color=firebrick]Skye Taylor[/color]
[/quote]

Felix couldn't believe that Gryffindor had been slapped with something as cruel as a curfew, no leaving the common room after dinner was unbelievable. The teenager didn't know anyone in Gryffindor but he felt for the affected students all the same. He also wasn't surprised however, the first years had been very troublesome this year and most of them were Gryffindors, though he knew some from his own house had caused their own fair share of problems. When Felix heard about the petition against the curfew he had been eager to sign it and show solidarity with his fellow students. The Ravenclaw headed out of the tower and made his way down towards the entrance hall where the petition had been set up. He walked over, took one of the quills and signed his name.
Petition said:
1. Rudolf Lagowski
2. Reuben Lagowski
3. Hemi Te Rua
4. Charlotte Owens
5. Madeline Walden
6. Orwell Brocken
7. Aeon Summers
8. Kasper Snowhill
9. Desislav Zhefarovich
10. Kida Frost
11. Monty Pendleton
12. Skye Taylor
13. Felix Warrick

Code:
[quote=Petition]1. [class=g1y]Rudolf Lagowski[/class]
12. [color=firebrick]Skye Taylor[/color]
13. [color=mediumblue]Felix Warrick[/color]
[/quote]

While Falon was furious about the curfew, she was even more outraged when she heard that students were standing - out in the open - asking people to sign a petition. She couldn't believe they were being that stupid! Falon stomped her way through the Common Room, and all the way down to the Entrance Hall, fuming the whole way. She knew that she was having one of her angry moments, and that she'd have to try to calm herself down, but the idiots were going to get them into more trouble. As she approached the student, she took a breath. "What in Merlin's name are you doing?" She started, struggling to keep her voice down. "Do you want us to get into more trouble? What's the bet you are half the reason this is happening anyway?" Falon shouted. "This isn't going to do anything but make it worse." She said, trying to calm herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back