OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
So, over the March break I'm going on a Mission Trip to Haiti.
Haiti, what is that place? Well, it's a small island in the Caribbean. Well, it's not even a whole island. It's half an island. It shares the island with the Dominican Republic.
haiti.gif

It's the poorest country in the Americas, arguably in the world (though it doesn't have the inflation problems of say Zimbabwe). It was a French Colony until 1804 when it gained independence. So they speak French and a bastardized French/Spanish/Native Tongue called Creole. I pray that locals know enough French to let me get by. xD
Anyhow, enough of the history/geography lesson. The people are poor, children are starving, and though I recognize many people on HNZ practise a few different religions I'm going to post this as another negative: A lot of the people follow the ways of Voodoo and are controlled by evil in that.
I leave tomorrow, Friday for me, at about 5:30 EST. My plane leaves Detroit at around 9 at night. I fly to Fort Lauderdale where I will spend a few hours before I fly to Haiti.
As it's only over March Break I'll be gone a week, maybe a day or two more. I'll be visiting an orphanage and helping out there, a children's rescue centre, and ideally helping out at a Bible school they're trying to begin as well.
The country is dangerous and in a state of political unrest: it has been for quite a while. The day I get in by plane people are predicting protests/riots at the airport (as members of the UN Security council will be leaving the island that day). Keeping me in your prayers will be appreciated. I'm not scared of Haiti, not at all, the only part of this I'm really scared of is the plane ride and I'm assured I'll be fine. I've come to realize that even if, by some off chance, something does happen to me God will use it for His kingdom in some capacity.
I know this is going to be a huge experience for me. As much as I'm going for the Glory of God and to help out his people, I'm also going for myself. I know I'm going to come back changed no matter what happens down there.
While I'm gone I won't have my laptop, for obvious reasons, and HNZ will not be my concern at all. Bigger things are down there for me to take part in than what I do here (though one of the places does have some wireless internet, so I may be able to pop on facebook for a minute or two to update my status and assure family and friends of my safety). That having been said you're all still in good hands here for the week with Cecily. ;)
I'll still welcome your PMs, but you'll have a delay in my reply. Any matters of urgency will be dealt with by her, obviously. :)

Thank you for your prayers and for reading my ramblings,

~Nick

God be with you, Nick, on your important journey. My prayers will be with you and I'm excited for this opportunity you've been chosen to take part in.

Lots of hugs and best wishes. :hug:

~Livvy

I've already said this on MSN but firstly, I'm going to miss you terribly and going to be worried about you. But I know what an important and exciting opportunity this is and I know you're doing good and honourable work, which is awesome. :)
Good luck, stay safe, and have an incredible time. :) :hug:

Nawh Nick :hug:
good luck,
and what your doing is amazing,
hope you stay safe!
and you'll be in my prayers :) :hug:
-Steph x

:glomp2:

I really admire the work you are going to do for all those people, it is truelly amazing work.

You will be in my prayers throughout this week.

So good luck and god bless.

Stay safe and see you soon.

Pat :D

I never thought there would be a week without Nick...

Have a nice trip and come back safe we will miss you ^_^

Nick this is a really good thing you are doing.

I can see why they all call you awesome ;)

Good for you. :hug:

Have a terrific trip.

Sam :rofl:

May God bless you with a safe trip there and back. :lol:
I'll pray for your safe return, and have a fun time helping people! :-h

- Sir Kaitlyn

Stay safe! You already know how I feel about you going and doing this marvelous work. Aren't you glad you got your butt going on that application??? :p

You are in my prayers.

:wub: Julie

Wow, Nick. That sounds like an awesome trip, dude. I'm certain that, whatever happens, the experience will be nothing short of amazing.

Have a totally b1tchin' trip,

Ford

I think that going to Haiti will be an awesome experience for you. Have fun, we'll miss you, and don't take any wooden nickels.

Plane rides can be scary- but once you get on it isn't bad! I was the same way.

Be safe.

See you in a week!

Amanda

Guh, helping people always gives me warm and fuzzy feelings ;w;
Have fun Niccy, and remember to stay safe.

Everyone will be awaiting your return and perhaps even stories from your experience :3

oxoxKagyou

Oh Nicky! I don't remember if I told you or not over MSN but I think it's wonderful what you're doing! I support you 100% and I hope you are able to bring people closer to God while you're there. Have fun, enjoy yourself, and be safe!

I'll definitely be praying for you while you're there. :wub: :)

-Abby

Were gonna' miss you. See you soon, stay safe. :)

Lexi x

Mr. Ollivander said:
I know you have already left but you will be in my prayers until your safe return.

Peace be with you.
I actually haven't.
My plan leaves at 9:00 PM tonight EST, so I'm still able to lurk here on and off until like 5:30 PM EST. :)
Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. ^_^

Already said this in PM but will say it again!

Have Fun doing God's Work!

Be Safe!

But Have Fun!

Nick, stay safe and you will be in my prayers!

You truly are doing Gods work!

:-h

-Zoe

wow, good luck. May God be with you.
Our church goes on mission trips to Haiti all the time with Good Shepard Ministries. I myself have never been, but many people in my church have more than once.
I know that country is a lot worse than Africa in being poor, the also don't have a stable government.
Anywho, be safe (or as safe as possible) and do good things there!

-Jessica:]
(you have my prayers!!!)

Nicolas King may be back. :ph43r:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back