Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Ever since the first year Quidditch practice had ended in disaster, Lucas had taken to hanging out around the Quidditch pitch hopefully, looking for someone who could give him tips. He wasn't sure who to ask, though he had considered approaching an older student for it. He just didn't want to bother them when they were busy with other things, so he kept hoping to find a single, not too intimidation Quidditch player to ask for help. And today, he was lucky. The Hufflepuff seeker was on the pitch, and after only a moment of hesitation, Lucas headed up to him. "Uh, hi." He said nervously. "You're Elliot, right? I've watched you play." He said, giving the older boy a slight smile. "Are you going to practice?"

Even though his quidditch season was over, Elliot was still trying to find the time to get in a little extra practice when he could. He'd found with everything going on this year, he needed chances to spend time out on the pitch or that the Wild Patch just to clear his head. He'd just made it out to get in some flying practice, stretching his arms a bit before mounting up when he saw one of the younger Hufflepuff's make their way over. "Oh.. Yeah that's me, hi," He said with a polite smile, struggling to remember if he knew the younger student's name. It was always a little gratifying to be recognized from the team, though the reminder that other people were watching and remembering him made Elliot a little nervous. "Yeah, season's over for us but I like to get in some extra time when I can," He said sheepishly, shifting his broom in his hands.

Lucas was trying very hard not to seem too excited, but in truth, he was talking who he thought was the coolest Quidditch player he recognized. He was in Lucas' house, and not that much older than him, but he was playing for real, and had caught the snitch. As far as Lucas could tell, that was the hardest part of Quidditch. "Hi..." He said, suddenly feeling almost shy. "Uh, I was actually hoping to run into you. Could I ask you a few questions? For some pointers?" He asked hopefully. "I don't have any experience playing Quidditch, but... Seeker seems like it would be fun, though also difficult! What is it like?" He asked, looking at him hopefully.

Elliot was a little surprised when the younger Hufflepuff said he'd been looking for him, suddenly missing having April on the team. He didn't think a lot of people really wanted to ask him for pointers, especially considering since their last game against Ravenclaw had been the first time he'd ever caught the snitch in a real game. "Oh uh, yeah sure.." He said, resting his broom on the ground for a moment. "It is fun.." Elliot said slowly, not wanting to scare the other boy off Seeker immediately. And he did enjoy the position a lot too, or he wouldn't play it. "You're a core part of the team and the rush chasing down the snitch is one of the most exciting things in Quidditch," Elliot said with a small smile thinking about it. He knew his seeking style was a little different from some of the other seekers at the school, preferring to be slow and careful in his search, but putting on that burst of speed once he finally had the snitch in his sight was exhilarating. "But it's pretty tense too.. The beaters usually have it in for you and you're usually the one deciding who wins and loses the game," Elliot admitted, scratching at his cheek. The stress of being seeker wasn't something to downplay, honestly Elliot felt like the fear of letting the team down in a game was worse a few bludger hits. "Are you thinking about joining the team?"

Lucas had never really talked to older students much, and couldn't deny being a little nervous about talking to Elliot. But thankfully, he seemed to be really nice. "Yeah?" He asked excitedly as the boy said it was fun. He grinned as the boy said it was chasing the snitch was one of the most exciting things in Quidditch, and for a moment he could almost imagine t. The smile on the boy's face spoke volumes, and Lucas hardly listened as the boy talked about the downsides too. "It sounds so awesome!" He said excitedly. "I... have been thinking about it a bit." He added, a little hesitant. "But... I don't have much experience. I'm not from a magical family, so I kinda just learned about all of it this year. I bet everyone else already played tons..." He said, enthusiasm wavering again.

Elliot had to duck his head a little at the blatant excitement in the younger boys eyes while he talked about quidditch. It was fun sharing some of the passion he felt about the sport with someone else like this, even if Elliot still felt like it was important he warned the boy appropriately. Elliot had been distinctly aware of how dangerous seeker was, and yet here he was anyway, so maybe it didn't matter so much. "It's.. pretty fun, yeah. As long as you're being safe.." Elliot said with a small smile. "You should give it a try, you could only get better," Elliot offered, not surprised that the sport was more appealing to someone who was muggleborn. "I grew up in the city so I didn't really get to play much growing up either. And there's some other muggleborns on the teams as well," He said encouragingly, thinking of Amy and Abian. "What's your name?" Elliot asked, realized that while the younger boy was very familiar, Elliot couldn't place a name.

Lucas nodded eagerly as Elliot said it was fun as long as you were being safe. He'd do his best to be safe, for sure. He grinned as the boy said he should give it a try. "You think? You think I have a chance?" He asked, feeling reassured by the knowledge that there were other muggleborns on the teams too. "Uh, I'm Lucas." He said with a nervous smile. "I ... I know you're probably busy, and stuff... but uh, do you think you could teach me some tricks?" He was nervous to ask, but Lucas also knew he wasn't going to get to practice at all over the break. He needed all the time he could get right now.

Elliot nodded at the younger boy, trying to put away his own nerves about younger students joining the team and be encouraging. He hadn't been much older when he joined the team as an alternate, and even if quidditch was dangerous at times, it was a great game. "Oh wait, Lucas.. Didn't we talk at Halloween?" Elliot said, the name ringing a bell. He wouldn't have been able to remember the boy's voice, but a Lucas in a matching ghost costume was coming to mind now that he thought about it.

"Sure, I was just gonna uh, fly around a bit anyway," Elliot said lightly when Lucas asked for some tips. He hadn't been planning any intense training and it would be kind of nice to try and show someone else the ropes. "I think my uh 'style'? Is a little different some a lot of seekers, but if you don't mind," Elliot spared a moment to think about having a very similar conversation with April last year, trying to remember some of the tips she'd mentioned. "Do you have a broom?" He asked, glancing over to see if he could tell if the equipment shed was locked from here.

Lucas gasped as the boy said they talked at Halloween, then he nodded. "That's right! You were the really cool ghost!" He said, even more excited now. Elliot was so cool. He really hoped he would agree to help him, and thankfully, he did. Lucas grinned. "I would love to just fly around and learn from you, if that's okay!" He said, then faltered at the next question. "No... I don't have a broom. I figured I could borrow one from here." He said , uncertainly. "Can't I? I thought I heard older students mention it." He said nervously. Had he just made a fool out of himself?

Elliot laughed sheepishly when Lucas remembered him from Halloween, scratching at his cheek. "Thanks," He'd had a lot of fun with that costume, grateful for Katy's help. It had definitely helped that he'd been more anonymous in it too. He was relieved that Lucas didn't seem to have any ideas about Elliot giving some sort of masterclass, and as much as it made him nervous, he didn't mind having some company on the pitch. "Sure, let's do it," He said. "Oh no, you can definitely borrow a school broom," He said reassuringly when Lucas seemed worried about not having a broom yet. "The equipment shed's over here," Elliot said, leading Lucas over. "It'll be good just to get some flying practice in, the more comfortable you are on the broom the easier it is to keep an eye out for other things. Like the snitch. Or bludgers," He said, trying to remind himself he was meant to be encouraging here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back