Opaleye Assault III

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin had just come from speaking with Groundskeeper Willie and was assured that his new team would have a good hour and a half of uninterrupted time on the pitch to practice. It was a cool, sunny autumn day Perfect conditions for the first practice with the new team.

Bruin grabbed his broom and launched into a stiff little breeze, enjoying the wind upon his face. He had a few ideas for today's practice and hoped that the team was feeling good about the changes that had recently occurred.

Kendall arrived at the pitch early, hoping to be one of the first ones there to make a good first impression on her new team... when she arrived, she saw bruin flying up above, so she mounted her firebolt, and flew up to join him... "hey bruin!" she called to him...

Murtagh walked onto the pitch beaters bat and firebolt in hand. He was ready to practice he noted that Bruin and Kendall were bother there so he yelled, "Hey," to them.

Zoe walked onto the quidditch pitch, with her firebolt in her right hand, and with all her quidditch gear on. She mounted her broom, and flew to catch up with Bruin.

"Hey Bru, what's the gameplan for today?" She asked ready for anything.

Bruin said a quick hello to Kendall and Murtagh and then flew over to Zoe. "Well, to be honest. I wanted to go over that breakout play with the new people and then I thought we might set up a little mini game, but it's probably going to depend on whether we get a full team out or not. Do you have any thoughts on things you'd like to work on?"

Bruin wondered whether Zoe had given any thought to training at a second position, but thought he'd wait until the others arrived before asking. He pulled a golf ball out of his pocket and looked at Zoe. "So do you think you can catch this before it hits the ground?", Bruin asked with a wicked grin as he launched it over her shoulder in a high arc towards the hoops at the far end of the pitch.

Zoe gave a little sly smile, and said, "No problem!" and shot towards the golf ball. But unfortunatly it dropped on the ground right as she got to it. she quickly picked it up, and went back to Bruin, hoping that he didn't noticed.

"Hmmm, maybe we could practise some tricky catches for the chasers, like at really odd angles, and also throwing the ball at really weird angles at Estrella." She said, hoping that she could help in any way.

Bruin laughed as Zoe trapped the golf ball against the turf and then listened with interest to her suggestions. "Those are good ideas, no sense practicing as if the game is all easy. I think practicing some more difficult stuff is smart. Now if only our seeker could catch a golf ball!!!", he joked as he chucked the golf ball again, this time launching it towards the shed at the other end of the pitch.

Murtagh set down his beaters bat and zoomed up to Bruin said "Hi" to Kendall and laughed as Bruin threw the golfball again. He flew a little closer to Bruin and asked, "What have you got planned for today Bruin?"

"Hey Murtagh!", Bruin replied. "Well, I figure everybody needs to work on their own skills and then some teamwork activities. So you and I better get some work in with tracking down and bashing some bludgers. Do you have any ideas?"

Lily got late notice of the practice and came running onto the field. She was hoping that she wasn't late. She saw Zoe chasing after golf balls that Bruin was lobing up in the air. She hopped on her firebolt and took to the sky.

"Hey guys! what is our plan for today?"

(((ooc - i will try to be in and out during the week, but sometimes it is tough with school now. i will try to check in as much as i can though now that i have my laptop that i can be online with at school. but if i am mia, that is why)))

(((no problem Lily - or anyone else for that matter - check in when you can)))

Bruin called over to Lily. "Hey Lily, I thought we might practice a little by position and then work on a couple breakouts and game play activities." He knew he sounded vague, but it would be more obvious once the others had arrived.

"Not really," said Murtagh, "but I did like that breakout drill and maybe you and I could like hit the bludger back and forth or something... I dont know."

When Murtagh said that, Zoe just got an idea that would be good for the chasers.
"Hey Bru, I just thought of a game. Chaser in the middle. Since we have more than three chasers, it would be even harder, which would make it even better. One chaser goes in the middle..." Then Zoe realised it would be better to use an easier term. "Basically, erm, how do muggles say it, 'Lion in the middle?'" She said as she was thinking hard. "Well I'm sure you know what I mean." She said with a wink.

Bruin smiled at Zoe. "That's a great idea! Lily and Kendall can throw a quaffle around until Rose and Ryan are here and then they can begin playing Monkey in the Middle. It should be a good way for them to work on making good passes and trying to intercept the quaffle."

Bruin turned back to Zoe and yelled, "Hey Big Z, you deserve a treat for that!!!", as he tossed another golf ball high over her and towards the far end of the pitch.

Bruin flew down to release a bludger, he liked Murtagh's idea of hitting one around.

Zoe smiled, then gave him a smug look, and chased after the golf ball.
"When I get this ball...I'm gonna throw it at you." She said jokingly.

This time, she actually got the ball. before it hit the ground, and flew back to Bruin and pretended to throw the ball to make him flinch.

"Nice grab Zoe!!!", Bruin yelled and then promptly raised his Beater's bat to defend himself in case she followed through on her promise to throw the golf ball at him.

Zoe still had the golf ball in her hand, and saw that Bruin picked up the beaters bat, since he had something to protect himself with, whynot give him some practise? She raised her arm, and before throwing it, she said, "You ready for this Bru?" Then threw it as hard as she could aiming for Bruin.

Bruin shifted his weight slightly and hovered on his broom as the golf ball sped towards him. He used to play first base in little league and knew when something was in his wheelhouse. This golf ball was going to fly!!!.

Bruin cocked the bat backwards and then swung mightily, catching the sweet spot of the Beater's bat and launching the golf ball over the wall and right out of the Quidditch Pitch. He admired the shot, but then realized that someone outside of the pitch might not be too pleased with getting nailed by a golf ball. Bruin pulled out his wand, uttered Sonorus quickly to amplify his voice and yelled "Fore!!!", hoping that members of the wizarding community knew more about golf than most muggle sports.

(((OOC - Very important post, if you haven't done so already, please go to the doll maker and make yourself up in a quidditch uniform. They are under the "two piece" section, please use the Gryffindor colours burgundy and yellow and send it to me or Alicia Barker. We'll modify it before posting)))

Zoe laughed as Bruin made a big thing about hitting a little golf ball, but she herself didn't even know what he was talking about when he said 'fore'.

Estrella walked onto the pitch with her broom in her hand, smiling weakly as she watched Zoe chasing a golf ball. "Hey guys!" she called. Her mood was not a great one, but she understood that in Quidditch, you couldn't let the rest of the day hurt your practice, no matter how bad it was. Repeating nightmares were not going to stop her from doing well as a keeper.

Swinging her leg over her broom, she said, "So, what's the plan for today?" She zoomed around the hoops, flying making her feel a little better

Lily grabbed a quaffle from her Firebolt and took up position above the field.
"Hey Kendall, here, catch!" she yelled as she tossed the quaffle in her direction.

Kendall saw lily throw the quaffle towards her, so she snatched it out of the air once it had reached her.. she then threw the quaffle right back at Lily with ease... "right back to you Lily!" she yelled in Lily's general direction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back