Opaleye Assault III

Murtagh flew down onto the pitch and picked up his beaters bat and flew back up and hovered buy Bruin.

Rose rushed up to the pitch with her Firebolt in her hand. "Hi guys!" she gasped, out of breath. "Sorry I'm late! What're we doing?!" she said wildly, mounting her broom for kick off.

River arrived on the Pitch, rubbing her forehead. She mounted her Firebolt and kicked off the ground; flying towards the rest of her team. Once she reached Bruin, she held out a golf ball in her left hand. "This hit me in the head on my way over hear," she said. "I'm assuming that you had something to do with this," she laughed to Bruin. Touching her head where the ball had hit, River had a small welt.

"So, what are we doing today?" she asked.

Bruin tried to look innocent as River asked him about the golf ball, but was soon implicated by Zoe and knew that he may as well just admit to his role in River's injury. "Um, yeah...that would be my ball, but you were supposed to catch it with your hand, not your forehead!!! What was Kaela teaching you guys anyways?", he added hoping that laughter might in fact be the best medicine.

Noting that most of the team had arrived, Bruin decided to call everyone in to see if anyone had thought about training at some alternate positions so that they could make the most of their practice time. "So, has anyone thought more about training at more than one position?"

After flying around the pitch a couple times and getting over the rush of flying again, Rose flew over to Bruin. "I'm up for anything," she said. "I'm not picky."

"same here.." kendall added... "im a pretty decent keeper, but i've never played beater or seeker... i can try whatever... what do you need more of?" she asked bruin..

"Yes, which do you think you'd need more of Bruin?" Rose asked. "Hey Lily, pass the Quaffle this way!" she yelled.

"I think we need an extra keeper and a beater." he thought this was right but wasn't sure.

Bruin nodded as Murtagh spoke..."I was actually wondering whether it might not be worthwhile doing a drill or two for each position and then decide where our respective strengths and weaknesses might be. For instance, we could split up into two groups and play just as Chasers with a keeper at both ends. We could rotate the keeper after every goal so that everyone could at least try Chaser and Keeper. Then we could try a little Beater drill and give everyone a chance to swing a beater bat. I'm hoping that we are all able to play our primary position in our games, but I want to be prepared for everything!"

Lily had caught the quaffle with ease from Kendall. She then realized that Rose was ready and waiting for the toss, so she sent it flying over in her direction. She then flew over closer to Bruin and the rest to see was was being discussed.

Rose caught the Quaffle which fit snuggly in her hands and tucked it under her arm. She flew closer to Bruin to better hear what he was saying. "That's a good idea Bruin," she said, "but it might wear us out!" she said half jokingly.

Bruin took a quick head count and thought for a moment. "Alright, Estrella...could you take keeper at that end with Rose, Lily and Kendall as your chasers. I'll start at keeper at the other end with Zoe, River, Murtagh and Ryan playing chaser. I know that gives our team an extra player, but most of us are not playing our normal positions. We'll just play with the quaffle for now trying to score on the other team, working on our passing, catching and defending. After each goal against or once a keeper has made three saves, your team should switch the keeper. That way we should all get some practice time at chaser and keeper. Once everyone has played keeper, we can do a seeker drill. We can end the practice with a beater drill, seeing as it might be the most dangerous one."

Bruin headed down to his goal hoops and expected the others to spread out around the pitch. "Alright, seeing as we have the extra player, why don't you guys start with the quaffle!" he said gesturing to Lily, Rose and Kendall.

"ok...that sounds great!" kendall said, picking up the quaffle, as she started to dart off to the opposite end of the field.. she tucked the ball in close to her chest, making sure no one could snatch it from her...

Rose flew with Kendall, Lily, and Estrella towards one side of the pitch. She flew higher up to speed up and not run into anyone. Once she was further in front of the hoops she flew back down, level with Kendall and Lily.

Kendall could see that rose had sped up overhead to get closer to the posts, so once she had leveled out several yards ahead of her, she chucked the ball in her direction, hoping she would catch it easily and hopefully get a good shot off...

Rose caught the quaffle Kendall threw to her. Normally she would've passed it to another teammate closer to the goal hoops, but since she was the closest, Rose threw the Quaffle as hard as she could towards the right goal hoop.

"nice shot rose!" kendall yelled, hoping it would go through the hopes, but ready for a rebound in case bruin tipped it away or if it hit a post...

(((we're just playing a game... i dont know which team you're on, but its basically 3 chasers and a keeper vs. 4 chasers and a keeper..)))

(yeah, what Kendall said...and you're on my team so head's up).

Bruin was surprised at how quickly Rose and Kendall had reacted. It was almost as no one on his team had time to get in postion and defend. Fortunately, Rose had fired the quaffle from just far enough away that he was able to get his big mitts on it. Estrella was in no danger of losing her starting keeper role, but it was a nice save nonetheless. Bruin noticed Zoe in some clear space off to his right and fired a pass her way, hoping that she would know to pass it to one of River, Murtagh or Ryan who were her fellow chasers in this scrimmage game.

Murtagh zoomed down the pitch with his hands out hoping Zoe would pass it to him.

Kendall flew as fast as she could trailing zoe.. she then tried to get in between her and murtagh, seeing as he looked like he was in a good passing lane...

Zoe caught the quaffle and saw that Kendall was trying to get in her pathway to Murtagh, so she shot straight towards Kendall, then at the last second, flew up and avoided her, she then passed the quaffle to Murtagh, still a bit away hoping he'd catch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back