OOC Forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasmine Smith

OOC First Name
Kate v.1
Hey everyone :)

So i know that this has been offered a few times before, and please tell me if this won't work, but ever since a few people have asked for a way to search people OOC, i've been thinking about it. (don't ask me why :p )

Anyway, i was thinking, that in the the Out Of Character area, there could be a forum/sub-forum for people to post their Out Of Character name. Like the way that the Biography section is split up to Alphabetical Order, it could work that way. So, if anyone wanted to see which characters someone had, they would go to the forum and find the page where say Pat had posted a topic. In the topic, she could list her characters and then if people wanted to, they could link it to their member profile.

So basically, instead of having an Out Of Character name search, that Zetaboards can't do, it would just be a topic for each Out Of Character person. Say if i did one, the title of the forum would be Kate or the name that people recognised me by, and inside could have my signature and then a list of my characters.

I completely understand if this is won't work, i just wanted to try and think of a way that people could search out of characters.

Thanks for your time,

Please tell me what you think,

Kate
:)

I'm not closed to the idea, but would be open to more discussion on it. :)

I kind of like the idea, but there is the issue with secret characters, however it would be completely up to the OOC person to put down their characters or not disclose who they were per say (as long as they don't go around saying they are Laurie when really they are Jackie, you know?).

Kate, where would you recommend placing this, and well, how many users would even use it?
If 75% say that they would, sure, we can, but otherwise...

I like the idea. i suggested an ooc search before but this will work just as well. I would use it, both by pasting all of my characters, and also i will use it to search. i think that it should be placed in the out off topic board, or maybe in the character handbook, but i don't think that it will work as well there.

I like this idea, as long as it would actually be used by the people though.
However, like Kaitlyn said, it would and should be up to the RPer to disclose the characters that they want to disclose.

Say, just make another Sub Forum of the Off Topic board and name it 'Character Base' or something to that idea, and then each RPer can start a topic there with which character's are their's, and then maybe a brief description about each character? Like age, full name, and a brief description. Then a link to the Bio.

What do you reckon? Maybe leave it to a site vote?

I like this idea! I'd love like, a 'behind the character' type thing as well. Not sure if we had it on wiki or not, but it'l be cool to see what everyone is like :)

Im really glad that the idea was liked :)

I was thinking it could go as Zac said, in the Off Topic Board. I wasn't sure whether it would be Off Topic or On Topic, so i didn't specify.

Like the rest of you have said, certain characters aren't given an OOC name to keep it hidden, so the making of a topic would mean that it would be completely optional and they don't have to feel pressured to show who they are.

With the thought on linking it to the characters, that would have to be up to the person creating the character but could work well.....

So, thats my thoughts on it so far... im glad that it had a positive response.

Do you think there should be a poll to see how many people use it? To see whether it would be a benefit or whether it would go unused?

Thanks,

Kate
:)

I think that this is a very interesting idea.

I know that I used to get extremely confused trying to remember people's characters back before we had the OOC field in the profiles. I could certainly see a list where a person can list all of their characters as being beneficial in lessening character confusion even more, especially considering the sheer amount of characters that have been changing hands lately.

I also agree that this should be a voluntary thing. There are plenty of people who don't use the OOC field to state their name, so they may not want to take part in this either. They should feel free to make that choice.

I like this.

Even with the OOC field, keeping track could be difficult. Also, I think that it would be nice for yourself to keep track of characters your have. And I think it would be best as an optional thing.

Not a bad idea, just not sure if I'll use, still for those who will it's a lot easy I guess :)

Its a great Ide and I think it would be very useful. I would certainly use and I think it would help out a lot.

I think this is a great idea; but I also think we could turn it into a sort of OOC biography section? So not only including our characters, but a bit about ourselves? I think we had this sort of thing on the wiki, didn't we?

Abathyn Dalmoir said:
I think this is a great idea; but I also think we could turn it into a sort of OOC biography section? So not only including our characters, but a bit about ourselves? I think we had this sort of thing on the wiki, didn't we?
Yes, and it wasn't used despite a bit of advertising. I wouldn't love trying it again. But I guess if this happened, nothing would stop you from telling about yourself in your topic.

I think considering we have the OOC name box and most people use it, that alot of people would be open to sharing who their characters are, granted that its a character they want everyone to know they own. So even if someone has say 15 characters but 7 are secret that still leaves the person with the option of saying, Hey look these 8 characters are mine, Yay!

I would definately use this ^_^ Would be very helpful. I like the idea of the OOC biography thing, but isn't that just a bit like a blog? xD Although I still think it's a good idea :)

I really like this idea!

It sounds really good. Especially since there are maybe a few people with the same name's and then we'd know which is which.

Just to update you all on the (seemingly) extraordinary delay for this - I genuinely do not believe an additional forum for this purpose would be beneficial. It would fall into disrepair rather quickly. As such, I've been thinking on better ways to do this and any of those ideas will surely take a while. :correct:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back