Olympics

Well to be fair i was exaggerating alittle,but they copied the building of the country and the dreamtime dance at the end, which may not be what i think it is, but i have no explaination for it, and the doves at the beginning with the people on bikes was from Beijing.

I was only eleven when Beijing was n=on, so I don't know about any copying (I was probably in bed when it opened :/ ) Still, I thought it was lovely, and the way they did the Industrial revolution was really cool. The whole social-networking thing was a bit odd, but other than that, it was good. I loved the boy soprano.

Honestly, I just think it was because it kind of went over my head and i didn't understand it. It was very vibrant.

Yeah it was :p
What did everyone think of them letting the younger athletes light the flame?

Now that I thought was pretty special. No one else has ever done that, so yeah.

Well since I was at fireworks before hand I actually missed the very beginning,I turned it on when it was on L for the countries.Sad I missed Ireland but I'm more upset I missed the beginning. I did like the flame idea that was lovely and I liked how it was all young athletes that lit the fire not some one person. I didn't get the bike and wing thing. I liked Paul McCartney at the end,the song he sang was well chosen and I loved the fireworks too. Overall I thought it was really nice especially the flags on the hill,kinda reminded me of the shire valley ,the perfect world

It was cool, and I was so glad the involved Ali :D

I thought it was cool that the young athletes got to light the flame but then I remembered that people wouldn't of bet on that happening and because I work in Paddy Power (a betting company) people weren't going to be happy because they would loose their bet xD

Yeah,no one saw that coming,it was all under raps. A load of people must have lost money! xD

Ok, so the lighting of the cauldron is really neat. And I agree that Elton John should've at least been mentioned in the music thingy, considering he's "Sir" Elton John and all.

Erik Drage said:
considering he's "Sir" Elton John and all.
You obviously don't realize how many people they knight. :r

Elton John did a big part, or at least some stuff in the Jubilee show, and to be honest, I think more people are familiar of the music by the other artists shown, and then the Beatles stuff at the end sung by Sir Paul McCartney. Also, having worked the Elton John concert I didn't know any of the songs. Might just have been me, but yeah.

I really enjoyed the whole ceremony, I smiled at Flower of Scotland, and found it overall pretty good. I loved the Mr.Bean bit. He's so funny. And the whole story book section was great. Britain has some great authors and tales. It was very cool.

And yeah, they Knight a lot of people. My old childminder's father was Knighted. And her mother was made a Dame. It's pretty much anyone who does anything of real note, in any of the fields that they have.

Ughhh.
They cut out so much in the rebroadcast over here. :(
I'm going to have to pirate acquire it and protest CTV for the rest of the games. -_-;

Nicolas King said:
Erik Drage said:
And I could care less about the royal family. xD
Could you care less?
That only means that you must care at least the smallest amount in order to be able to care some amount less. :r The only thing that doesn't mean is that you don't care at all. :tut:
Dear America... :r

I DVRed the opening ceremonies and will probably watch it sometime tomorrow. My silly mother is hogging the TV for watching Scarecrow & Mrs. King nonstop.
Nick? You just hit my language kink. I love you. Let us be married.

(In all seriousness, I always feel that I have to argue that 'couldn't care less' is the correct term).

I haven't actually watched much of it! Australia made a big deal about the swimming. I was kind of keen to watch equestrian and gymnastics but I've probably missed it by now. It starts at like, 6pm here so we wouldn't see anything until about 8 because my stepdad watches the news, so I retreat to my bedroom and then by the time I'm up again, the competition has finished for the day. *shrug*

I heard the opening ceremony was pretty cool though.

I was up watching the basketball last night and in the las few seconds of the game this happened. both me and my mum screamed and woke m dad up. it was worth staying up late to just see this shot by Belinda Snell. also note the awesome hair on the french player.

Canada continues to shock and awe at the summer Olympics. :r
I am not disappointed. :tut:

Come onnnn 2014 so I can feel a little bit of pride again.

I was actually quite disappointed with the opening ceremony (coming from someone that is fanatic with olympic games). It didn't captivate me like beijing's and athens', it didn't show me the mysticism spirit of olympics but I liked the parade and the meaning of unity of the cauldron.

So far I have enjoyed a lot beach volley (i wasn't expecting to find it so entairtaining) swimming, rowing, diving and water polo, currently playing greece and italy (since i'm both i'm okay whatever the result.
I'm looking forward to the athletics :)

Some of the woman's football is being held in Glasgow, and they have been giving some of the tickets away for free because they really haven't sold that many. It makes me laugh.

Overall, having spent most of the day watching the olympics, I am quite impressed with the performances of a lot of countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back