Open Official Gryffindor Business

Jasper Beese

Flaky friend | Gobstones forever!

Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Straight 13 Inch Unyielding Acacia Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Open after @Victoria de Lacey

"Tori, are you sure you forged Professor Cade's signature properly?" Jasper asked for the third time as they walked down the deserted and dark corridor after curfew. He had been confident in their plan until they left the Gryffindor Common Room, but now he was second guessing everything. From a vague sense of unease to outright doubts about the plan, Jasper was looking for any excuse to turn back. But Tori wouldn't let him, and so he trudged on, reminding himself to stick to the plan. If anyone stopped them, he could simply show the note and explain that they were on official business. It was supposed to be easy and the plan wasn't going to fail, apparently. He unfolded the note again and read it over:

Dear Professor or prefect,

This letter gives permision for students Victoria de Lacey and Jasper Beese to be outside of the common room after curfew. They are conducting official business under my direct authorisation.

Please note that there is no need to confirm this permision slip with me, as it is entirely legitimate.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,
Professor James Cade
Gryffindor Head of House

"Huh, now I think about it, permission is spelt double S" Jasper commented after reading the note back. "We should go back and correct it."

"Stop fussing Jasper, no one is going to pay that much attention to what's in the note, only the signature!" She told him in a harsh whisper. After all, everything about the signature was perfect. When she'd visited James in the Head of House office the other day she'd nicked a piece of parchment he'd incinerated, but it hadn't completely gone to waste. She'd managed to spend several hours on the signature, until she got it exactly correct, why she was so confident in it's exactness that she was convinced that even her Head of House himself would have been completely fooled (he would not have, the signature's not that good.) "If we go back now someone will spot us for sure." She told him, trying to reassure him that not only were they totally fine, but that worrying about it would only make the adventure a problem. If they stood here worrying about it they were never going to get anywhere. All she hoped was that the portraits let them be, after all, they had a note.

"Once we've seen all we can see, we'll go back, besides, Mr. Professor Cade likes me, there's no way he'd get me in trouble," she said, believing fiercely in that. He knew her mother too, and her mother wouldn't want her getting into trouble. They were friends, and she was sure he would give her a chance to explain herself if anything happened. But it didn't matter, because nothing was going to happen.

Jasper frowned, still feeling uneasy and glancing around nervously. He had to admit, she’d done an impressive job with the signature and the note was good, "Okay, I guess you're right."

Taking a deep breath, he nodded and tried to draw reassurance from her words. "Do you think Professor Cade likes you enough to also not be angry with me?" Jasper asked, he didn't have contacts like Tori and felt a little vulnerable and anxious. This anxiety was spoiling the adventure for him and he could hear Tori wanted to get on with it. He needed to be more of a Gryffindor and be brave, he stowed the note away, took a deep breath and carried on walking.

Tori patted her friend on the shoulder. "Don't worry about it, Mr. Professor Cade is nice, and since you're practically my best friend in Gryffindor, there's no way he can be mad at you." She assured him, nodding resolutely. She didn't know what he was being so worried about anyway, since there wasn't anyone even in the corridor. "I heard there was like a... a room around here on one of the corridors. I can't remember which one. But like it comes and goes at will... or something. Do you reckon we could find it? Then we wouldn't even need the note we could just hide out in the room." And what an adventure that would be honestly. She really hoped Jasper would gain a bit more confidence, she couldn't afford for him to run out on her at a moment's hesitation.

Being best friends comforted Jasper, he wasn't normally very good at making friends but he and Tori had hit it off with the help of playing Gobstones regularly. And now they had to stick together, Jasper had to block out the instinctive flight messages his brain was giving him on red alert and stick with his best friend. He gave a small smile, then raised an eyebrow at the suggestion of a room that came and went. "But where does it go when it goes?" Jasper asked, puzzled by the idea. "What are you supposed to do if you have a lesson in there and it's not there?" He assumed it would be a classroom like most other rooms in the castle. "Yes lets find this room, it probably isn't expecting anyone to be around at this hour and we can catch it off guard." He felt weird talking about a room as if it was a thinking being, but at least it was something to distract his thoughts away from the impending doom he was otherwise feeling.

Tori had to admit, she didn't actually know. Where did the room go when it went away? Maybe that was one of the things they would be able to discover about it because it sounded like it would be an obvious point to know. She wondered if anyone in the school had ever found the room before them, or if they would be the first. That was kind of exciting to think about. "Maybe we'll be the first ones to find out! And, we could have some of the gobstones clubs meetings here too, what do you think? Maybe it could move around a little bit, different rooms every time right?" Jasper seemed to have his heart set on the fact that gobstones would be in the other common room they found before, but Tori (as vice president and co founder) was more of the belief that it should be something that moved around a little. "Maybe it knows there's a lesson and so it makes sure it's around? Maybe we can't find it without a schedule do you think?" Catching it off guard might be a good idea, but some of the portraits were watching them, what if they alerted the room?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back