Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Open after Sarah posts with Lucy

Vanity had heard about the Hogwarts gardens from a few other students and finally decided to check it out one day. But as she walked over the great lawn to get there, she already started to regret the decision. It wasn't that muddy out, but still enough to be annoying. Vanity was glad when she actually entered the gardens, only to be slightly disappointed. It was still practically winter, so there weren't that many flowers. Vanity walked around the garden a bit, making sure not to stray from the path, she didn't want to get mud on her shoes. She passed another first year who clearly hadn't been nearly as careful. Vanity couldn't help her reaction. She sneered. "Have you been jumping in mud puddles?" She asked the girl, distaste clear on her face.

Lucy had been having a great day. She loved exploring the castle, especially the outdoors, and had gone for a nice walk despite the ground being slightly muddy. It was no real bother to her - the gardens were beautiful no matter the conditions. Lucy was cheerfully walking when she encountered another student. Lucy stopped in her tracks and looked down at herself. She was instead somewhat muddy - her shoes especially, but her robes had obviously trailed into the mud somewhat. She felt herself become embarrassed. "I -" Lucy started, not sure what to say and biding for time. "I most certainly have not!" she then replied. "I just walked in a bit of mud, that's all." Lucy stuck up her nose and tried to look like the other student's words hadn't hurt her.

Vanity let out a snort of amusement at the girl's words. Clearly, she hadn't been paying any attention. She was glad the girl was affected by her words, if she hadn't cared it wouldn't have been nearly as fun. "Are you sure? You look like you did." Vanity said, looking down at her feet. "Ew, your shoes are even worse. Don't you look where you're going at all?" She asked, acting a bit over the top as she stepped back.

Lucy was getting flustered now. With each word Vanity said, her sense of embarrassment but also frustration was growing. "So what?" Lucy blurted out. "What's wrong with a bit of mud? You scared of it or something?" Lucy jeered, reaching her breaking point. She didn't like this side of her but she felt pushed into a corner - either stand up for herself or run away with her tail between her legs. She swiped some of the mud from her robes and pretended to reach out to touch the other student with it.

Vanity could tell her words were bothering the other girl even if she tried to deny it. It gave her a thrill. "Nothing's wrong with mud." She said innocently. "If you're like, a pig." She added with a laugh. "Or maybe a little kid jumping around. It's very immature." She told the girl. "I'm not scared of mud, though I do know you'll get in big trouble if you track it inside." She said seriously. "Like, detention for a month." She lied. Vanity first thought the girl was trying in vain to get the mud off her robes, but when she tried to touch her with it, she shrieked and backed away. "EW!"

Lucy was trembling with anger now. A pig? Now that was just rude. This girl was really something else. "I hardly think they'll give me detention," Lucy said in response, though she wasn't actually sure. Maybe Hogwarts was really strict about keeping the corridors clean. Lucy didn't know, but she didn't want to show any more weakness than she already had. Lucy grinned when she saw the other girl's reaction to the mud. "I thought you said you weren't scared?" Lucy taunted.

Vanity scowled at the girl, she wasn't as scared of getting in trouble as Vanity had hoped for. "You will! There's a caretaker lady and she's scary strict, she'll make you clean the floors the muggle way." She said, inventing it on the spot. Vanity bristled as the girl threw into her face that she had said she wasn't scared. "I'm not scared, I'm disgusted. I don't want that on me."

Now Lucy was starting to doubt herself. Maybe there was a caretaker lady who'd make her scrub the floors! Would this girl just make something like that up? Lucy couldn't say for sure. "I'm not that muddy," Lucy declared despite the evidence. Her shoes were going to leave muddy tracks, she knew that. She swallowed thickly. She'd had enough of this girl, and she wanted to go back to the safety of the Ravenclaw common room. Lucy felt a jolt of pride when she noticed the girl bristle, but then felt guilty. Was this really who Lucy was? Someone who enjoyed jeering and taunting others? "Disgusted, scared - they look pretty similar to me." Lucy retorted, unable to help herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back