Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
I am a rather dedicated storyline strickler and I'm afraid I know nothing about New Zealand, where I have decided both my characters live. Can anyone tell me anything? I'm thinking a little town where dedicated tourists would come to stay at a popular inn that would also have an orphanage but I know nothing about my setting. Help me please

Hey! We have a number of roleplayers based out of New Zealand. Annaleise, Donna and Rowan, immediately come to mind. Their mains are Samual Phillips, Daisy Parker and Ainsley Lynch respectively and I know that Rowan, atleast, has mentioned he loves helping people with this sort of thing! ^_^

Wanaka is a popular tourist town?

Thanks guys :) I worry sometimes that I'm going too in-depth with things but then I think that all the best stories have good details.

There's not a lot of orphanges in New Zealand; they're are very rare and I've never even seen one before.
Queenstown is very popular, especially in the winter, as are the bigger cities like Wellington (capital), Auckland, Christchurch (which has an orphanage). Matamata is also popular because it has Hobbiton.
Nelson is also quite popular and very sunny and beachy.

Hey! I am the Annaleise mentioned earlier :D Totally happy to answer any questions about NZ if you send me a PM!

I agree that Queenstown is super popular, it is known for skiing and its scenery since a lot of the area around Queenstown and the general south island was used in the lord of the rings movies :p

Hi! My name's already been mentioned but I'm totally willing to help with any NZ related questions :) In terms of tourist towns, Nelson and Queenstown are other good touristy options! I'm not an expert on this topic but I don't think orphanages are very commmon in NZ - a cursory google only tells me about four in the entire country. Our system is more focused on foster care from what I know, though like I said I'm not an expert on this. If you have any more questions about NZ though feel free to message me on Ainsley Lynch any time! :)

Awesome, thanks guys :)

Yes! NZ squad represent :p

Also, if you go with Queenstown for a home base I've got a couple of characters from there so if you want them to be buddies let me know! :)

Hi! I don't really have any other ideas to add, but I'm also a real New Zealander and happy to help with any setting questions. More particularly, I'm a scientist, so if you need stuff about how nature or geology stuff works in NZ hit me up :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back