Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hello all!

I was in the mood to do some javascripting this evening, so I thought about what sorts of realistic codes HNZ could use, or would be neat to have on the board. Then it hit me. OOC Notices in posts are generally annoying, unsightly, what have you. And there is little to no consistency from roleplay to roleplay and roleplayer to roleplayer.

Thusly, a BBCode has been added to HNZ which will allow for quick OOC notes in your roleplays. :)

Usage is as simple as any other BBCode:
Code:
[ooc]Type your OOC message here[/ooc]

And it will appear like so in your roleplays:
OOCOut of Character:
Type your OOC message here

This code has also been noted on the Full BBCode list (at the bottom) for the quick reference of all users. :)
You can test the code out in this topic, but I would encourage you to only use it in roleplays. (It's kind of pointless to use it in off-topic/out of character forums. ;) )

This code may evolve in the future, depending on how it is received. (For instance, being able to collapse OOC notes and not have to view them in your roleplays all the time, while still being styled differently from (and not as clunky as ) a spoiler, or placing a different style of background behind the out of character box to make it stand out a little bit more.)

As a small forewarning, the
Code:
[nocode]
tags do not prevent the "ooc" tag from operating. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to code that. Fortunately, as shown above, the
Code:
[code]
tags do prevent the "ooc" tag from working. ^_^

Over the next several days a variety of other documentation will be updated in order to reflect the existence of this code on HNZ. (Including roleplaying guides.)

Thanks for reading, and happy HNZing. ^_^

~Nick

OOCOut of Character:
Oh yes, quite interesting.
I love this code, Nick. It's very useful and looks quite neat, and I'll be sure to use this in future role-plays if need be. :)

OOCOut of Character:
I love this!

Amazing job, Nick! :woot:

OOCOut of Character:
Dis ish it? Shweet!

Nice addition Nick. ;)

OOCOut of Character:
Just trying it out. :wub: Great job, Nick!

I've fixed an error which prevented spoilers from operating properly if an ooc field was nearby them. :)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back