Closed Must Be A Dream

Sully made an exaggerated gagging noise when Blake got all sappy on him, shaking his head and still grinning at how obviously smitten Blake was. "You've always been an old man, glad you're admitting it now," he said solemnly, giving Blake another pat on the shoulder before glancing around. "I'll let you get back to ogling your husband, congrats again, man," he said cheekily, withdrawing his hand and glancing around. "I probably need to find Chloë before some other fancy Quidditch player steals her, aye," he said, wiggling his eyebrows at Blake for good measure before moving on. @Blake van Houten

Elliot really wished his friends would stop getting married. It had been weird when Aonghas did it and it was arguably even weirder to see Lars and Blake get married too. He had admit the ceremony had been nice. Despite his own misgivings about the idea and especially about Blake, Lars did look happy and Elliot really, truly wanted to be happy for his friend. He just couldn't shake the feeling that it could so easily be a mistake. What if things changed in a few years? They were all so young and the thought of it ending badly made Elliot sweat even as they made it to the reception.

He'd spent about as long as he could lingering near the food with Alice, glad he'd be able to properly vent his misgivings about the whole thing with her in great detail after they'd gone home. Lily had wandered off at some point and was hanging on one of the many Quidditch players that seemed to be around and he'd already waved hello to Nell, Selene, and Jasper, so Elliot couldn't fully justify putting off talking to Lars any longer. He was glad at least that Blake was preoccupied for now as he stepped over, offering Lars a warm, if hesitant smile as he approached. "Congratulations you uh. Seem happy. Really. I'm glad," he said, scratching at his cheek. Elliot was sincerely glad Lars seemed so happy, and for his sake he could suppress his own misgivings about the wedding for at least one night. @Lars van Houten

Lars spoke to Fleur for a moment, assuring her he was okay. He saw Blake was busy talking to Sully, and gave him a slight smile, not wanting to disturb the conversation. It wasn't long before someone else approached him. Lars smiled nervously at Elliot, not sure what to expect from him today. He knew Elliot would be happy for him, but there was still an awkward feeling between them, even after all this time. He nodded, returning Elliot's smile. "I am really happy." He admitted. "I know... it's quick and a little crazy, but I'm happy. I know we're doing the right thing." He said, glancing at Blake with a small sigh. He turned to Elliot again. "Are you enjoying the party?"

@Elliot Briar

AJ tried to focus on something other than the warm point of contact that was Lily's arm around his, nodding quickly when she suggested getting something to drink. Drinks were easy, he could do drinks. "Sounds like a plan," he announced, possibly a bit to loud as his nerves took over, trying to guide the pair of them over towards the bar. "My strategy with crowds is to avoid them," AJ offered sagely, turning them away from the majority of the guests and snagging them each a glass of champagne. "Ah yeah, no it's fine, uh. Hang on as long as you want," he told her, giving her a sheepish smile as he offered her the glass. "How long you known the happy couple then?" He asked after taking a much needed gulp of champagne, hoping it might hold off the jittery feeling in his stomach at Lily being so close. @Lillian Lockwood

Lily smiled shyly, holding onto his arm with one hand and taking the champagne with the other. She sipped it, giggling softly at his suggestion. "Oh, Lars has been one of my best friends for years now. I'm not too close with Blake, but the lot of us went to school together." Lily saw Elliot with the grooms and smiled. "If you want, we can go over there now? Elliot is there now- he's my best friend in the whole world, with Lars," She told AJ, her grip on his arm tightening a little. "It's rare to see the three of them together- they were all three Quidditch captains. Blake for Slytherin, Lars for Ravenclaw, Elliot for Hufflepuff. Elliot was also head boy, and he ran the wild patch club with another boy." She told AJ, chattering nervously and sipping on her wine again before looking up at him. @AJ Ari

Users who are viewing this thread

Back