Multi Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela Marion

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Let me first start by saying the mulit-login system is bae, and I love it to pieces. I have zero idea who coded it (my assumption is Nick) but they are amazing. However I had a question/suggestion and while I've not enough information to know how to code it, I thought I'd place this up as somebody might.

As someone with 80+ characters on the site, and some of them inactive as I wait for plots, apps, and others to join me, I often forget who has been recently logged into. So that results in me going through the multi login and logging in to every character, and spamming up the board with my character ness. Now I know you can set to anonymous, but I wonder if there might be a quicker fix. Do you as a staff/group think it's possible that instead of coding the log in by when the character was made, instead to code it by who was logged into last/or who hasn't been in a while. This could be done similar to the member search I imagine - or a setting in preferences? I'm not a hundred percent though as I've only barely touched the ice of dohtml, html, and bbcoding - and only for bios.

Sorry if it's a lame suggestion, but it would be nice right?

:D

Thank you,
Cole

Hi Cole,

Thanks for your suggestion. I talked to Nick about it, and he used a lot of big code-y words, but I managed to simplify it for us haha!
The current multi log in is built on top of a ZB feature; to change the order would be strenuous on the browser, and also on ZB server; it would have to load a page in the background for every character on the list to see their last activity date.
However, Nick has said that he can add something to the codecp/account tracker to set 'favorite' accounts that can be at the top of the list. He is just busy for the next while, so it will take awhile, but he will do it when he has the chance. So big thanks to Nick ^_^

Riley Sparkles said:
I talked to Nick about it, and he used a lot of big code-y words, but I managed to simplify it for us haha!
The current multi log in is built on top of a ZB feature; to change the order would be strenuous on the browser, and also on ZB server; it would have to load a page in the background for every character on the list to see their last activity date.
What do you mean‽ XD
That's almost verbatim how I put it for you!
Nick on Skype said:
So the current multilogin is built on top of a default ZB feature, and that's how they're ordered by ZB. To change the order would be very strenuous on a user's browser and the zb server, the code would have to load a page in the background for every character on the list and see their last activity date. For Cole, that would be 80 requests! Not feasible.

I think the key word is almost :r I changed the thes and ands it just makes sense in my head ok!

I didn't realize that the multi login was listed by our character's creation date until I read this suggestion. Shows how much attention I pay to that. :tut: :p So, thanks for pointing that out Cole.

Riley Sparkles said:
I think the key word is almost :r I changed the thes and ands it just makes sense in my head ok!
I think the key point is that there were no big code-y words and you simplified nothing for anybody. ;) :p

Can I just point out, that I have read this topic like four times and only now have I realised that it was in the suggestions section :tut:

Thanks for the answer! Sorry I was a sloth about reading this. I didn't realize the code complications went that far - and for people like me and Teigan and Kaitlyn that would be a pain! Thanks for explaining it! Also, Donna I'll take your side since you aren't dead :r Thanks for simplifying it :r

Claire Aurelious said:
Also, Donna I'll take your side since you aren't dead :r Thanks for simplifying it :r
Fine by me.
It might just take a little more time than I expected to finish this code. Months longer, maybe. :tut:

Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
I didn't realize that the multi login was listed by our character's creation date until I read this suggestion. Shows how much attention I pay to that. :tut: :p So, thanks for pointing that out Cole.
Ahaha me neither! Mystery solved :party:

Tenile had to point it out to me before xD

</FONT>
Nicolas King said:
Claire Aurelious said:
Also, Donna I'll take your side since you aren't dead :r Thanks for simplifying it :r
Fine by me.
It might just take a little more time than I expected to finish this code. Months longer, maybe. :tut:
<FONT font="monaco">

BLACKMAIL! >.>

[/color]

Done.

Fairly simple process:
In your [member]Account Tracker[member] you can now click a heart to 'favourite' any of your accounts.
'Favourite' accounts show up at the top of your account tracker page for other members to see.
'Favourite' accounts show up at the top of your multi-login list, assuming you're logged in to them already.
Your main account is automatically treated as a 'favourite' and will show up at the very top of the multi-login list.
All other favourites will be sorted alphabetically at the top of the multi-login list.

Was wondering what was being tested earlier
Thank you :wub:

Ahhh, so clever.

Thank you Nick! For realses, though, this is an excellent addition. We're so lucky to have senior members who can do really cool things with the board. It really makes HNZ stand out above other rping forums.

Thank you so much! I love it!! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back