Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
wandless
Ari wasn't quite sure how it happened, she held her wrist, blotchy and green with pustules pulsing up her forearm. She'd managed to wrap it, but that was about it, she was sure no healer. Apparently this wasn't terribly life threatening since she'd managed to get to St Mungo's quickly enough, and now she sat in the plant poisoning section of the hospital because she needed to get her arm seen to. It was massive, much bigger than the clinic back home. It was kind of interesting to see it all and she looked around as she winced whenever her arm moved. She wasn't entirely sure but she was pretty sure she'd seen a bouncing bulb, but she wasn't a herbologist. She'd just been looking for some good strong wood for runes. She had learned her lesson though, don't go traipsing through the wilds of Obsidian looking for trees and bushes if you didn't know what you were up against. Still, she'd sort of found what she wanted and now all she had to do was wait, and hopefully the wait wouldn't be too long. Her arm hurts!

Saying that there was a slow day at Saint Mungo's would be a lie. And Kaelan Borisyuk would smack them into next week because he swore someone said it, and suddenly, there were an influx of people arriving left and right. There were not too many potion and plant related injuries, but soon someone came in needing his assistance. He would not have even known unless one of his coworkers reminded him. He let out a sigh and stood up, his Saint Mungo's robes barely fitting around his broad shoulders. He walked in the room that the patient was in, and his green eyes immediately looked at the arm. Oof, that looked painful. At least this section was made to accommodate for someone like him - extremely tall and whatnot. "Good thing is that you aren't going to lose your arm," Kaelan joked lightly. It was hard to get him into a serious mood, unless he was bothered. Or around Killian because he knew that his oldest brother could never take a joke. "What happened?" Kaelan asked, a little more serious this time as he started to look through one of the cabinets for the proper antidote.

Ari winced as she moved in the wrong direction and the wrap pulled against the pustules on her arm. She looked up, and up, and up when one of the healers walked up to her. Gods damn the man was a mountain. She knew mountains since she'd grown up surrounded by them. Holy shirt. She shook her head as he got to work, she didn't care who helped her so long as he could stop the throbbing and unseemly pustules from doing whatever they were about to do. "Well, that's good news, then!" she said as he announced she wasn't going to lose her arm. Heavens, imaging losing her arm was a bit of a nightmare, she'd have had a heck of a story to tell her students though. Well, hopefully, since she'd be teaching there soon. "I make runes, ya know, for readings. Was huntin' for some good wood and reckon I stumbled on some bubotuber. One of the pustules burst and, well, ya can imagine the mess!" she lifted her completely useless arm, the throbbing green pustules pulsing between them. "Certainly not a pretty look ey?"

Those pustules look like they did a real number on her. Kaelan would have loved to have pranked her and told her that she would be losing an arm and a leg, but this wasn’t the states and their healthcare system. Kaelan heard the right word that he was looking for. Bubutubers. "So, that’s what you came across. I wanted to be sure before I give you the antidote. I’d hate to give you the wrong one and you turn into Poison Ivy." Kaelan got the cream down, which looked hilariously small in his hand. He knelt down so that he could be closer to the woman, and rubbed the cream over the tips of his fingers to start applying it to the green pustules. "This might be really cold, but this should help. But if you are looking for things to make runes, you should definitely wear something to protect your arms and hands with." Kaelan himself had a few mishaps with plants, which was likely why he was working in this sort of department. He knew that no one would want him delivery rooms - except his brother. Kaelan was the only healer that Killian trusted, and he was sure it was because of his brother’s extreme jealousy. "I heard a position opened up at the school for runes, are you going to take it?"

Zennon ducked his head in to borrow one of the healers on this floor for a consult, noted Borisyuk was busy and moved on.

Ari didn't know if what the big healer said was true, but she wasn't sure she wanted to test his words either. She was glad he was giving her the right antidote because she would be needing her hands and arms. She watching him go and get the cream, which looked tiny compared to him - heck, how did he move around being so tall? As he knelt down to be more level with her (a truly impossible feet given his great height) she did her best to accomodate him by moving in whatever direction he needed from her to access her arms properly to do this. She shivered when the cold cream touched her skin, and gasped at the pain. It hurt to the touch unfortunately and she could only hope that whatever he was doing right now was going to help her as fast as it could because she wasn't sure what she would do if she had to wait even longer for the pustules to go away. They were agonising on her skin, especially the specific areas they sat, because she couldn't even bend her arms properly without bumping a pustule. "Aw, believe me, I reckon I've learnt me lesson! Ain't no poison plants like this where I'm from!" she said, though it wasn't a whine so much as a soft acknowledgment of her own stupidity. She nodded as he asked her about the position with the school. "Yeh, I am, or I will be! Gonna be a bit of fun, eh?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back