OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
It has been visualized, alluded to, discussed with staff, voted on, teased about, mentioned in bi-weekly updates - and now it's here!
We have big plans for the election process to happen, and hopefully it will let the Ministry get poppin' like we want it to be. :)

What will this plot include?
[ul][li]The resignation of Gellert Coote from Minister for Magic[ul][li]Press Conference/Staff Meeting[li]Daily Prophet Coverage![/li][/ul][li]A search for new candidates for election.</LI>
[li]Speeches from the candidates
[li]A campaign-trail to the elections
[li]An election!
<LI>[li]The swearing in of a new Minister for Magic[/li][/ul]You can be involved in many steps along the way. Talk about events occurring in other threads in your own threads! Roleplay your characters discussing politics, candidates, or even trying to convince one another to run!

Currently, only the first segment of this plot has started.
Gellert Coote is holding the staff meeting/press conference for his resignation in this thread.
His topic is open for all ministry officials and Daily Prophet people to post, react, and ask questions. They may not all be responded to - but the games have begun!

More information and plots will be unveiled in the main line of this plot as time passes.

Happy plotting, HNZ, and make sure to get involved! These plots are only as awesome as you make them. ;)

~Nick

Wo0t! This is a chance for amazinglicious development. :D YAY!!!!!!!

I'll definitely be lurking around with my Ministry officials! :woot:

Cool. Politics always shake things up, though not always pleasantly. I think this will be very pleasant though :)

I do wish Aurors could post there. Could invent a Ministry Official. Hrm.

Aurors work in the Ministry. ;)

Aleyha Devearux said:
Aurors work in the Ministry. ;)
Ah, so it's not only those with the exact name "Ministry Official" who can post. I thought the aurors/DE that posted were part of the Daily Prophet's team. Okay then :) Ty for this info.

It seems that Death Eaters have already started to plan.

Expect candidacy applications to be opened in the next few days. :)
I suspect 5 to 6 characters will be in the running to be New Zealand's next Minister for Magic.

hhmm ! I'm looking forward to this ! :D it will be great though I don't have a ministry official character ..

A summary of this plot has been added to HNZ's site wiki!
http://wiki.hogwartsnewzealand.com/2025-ministry-elections
As the plot progresses, that page will be updated.
Do you have a roleplay which references the Ministry elections that isn't already on the wiki page? Feel free to add it! The more cohesive things are, the better! ^_^

Minister for Magic Candidacy Applications are ready!

Just [member][Click Here][member] to begin the application!
Some things to keep in mind when filling out the application are that:[ol][li]Candidates must be at least over the age of majority (17 years of age) to run. However, older is recommended.[ul][li]Students do not have permission to apply. Applications submitted by student accounts will not be received. (Literally. They will never show up.)[/li][/ul][li]Candidates must be law-abiding citizens in New Zealand's wizarding society. (You can apply if not, and may even be accepted, but you will eventually be discovered by aurors.)</LI>[li]Several candidates will be approved. If you apply, you should be devoted to having your character be an active participant in this process.[li]Candidates should have some sort of political background.<LI>[li]We wish you the best of luck! Any questions/concerns can be posted here. :)[/li][/ol]
Just a note:
Any users interested in having their character run are welcome and encouraged to apply. :)
I want at least four or five candidates in the running, and even if your character is not elected by the site you still get plenty of crazy RP opportunities as a candidate (at least 7 that I've thought of).
And, as I've said, it's not the admin selecting who ends up being minister. :) It's characters controlled by members. So it's a campaign for real. And it should be great. ^_^

Applications for candidates should now be considered closed. :)

Darn it I didn't get to submit an application :(

Link Black said:
Darn it I didn't get to submit an application :(
If you sneak one in tonight, I can look the other way. :r (Just to be fair)
But the form disappears as of tomorrow morning, for sure.

Do you care about lengths? Cause I'm not on a pc so I'll do it after I'm done posting

It's less about length and more about quality. :)
If you're articulate and can make an awesome application in few words, that's great. ^_^
The electoral candidates can be found listed here. :)
In the coming weeks they will be posted around the board, campaigning, and plotting. Be sure to get in on the action! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back