Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
(Homosexual)
Wand
Straight 17 Inch Swishy Wenge Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Cas was working outside today. The wildpatch was empty, and he'd taken advantage of the of opportunity to settle in. He was making a few sketches, curled up on top of an empty table. He liked this view, he could see a good portion of the rest of the room. He was trying to come up with ideas to present to Lysander and Kiara when they met to talk about their ideas for a dual club event. He knew Lysander was talking to the Professors or whoever to get permission for it. He was just curious how it would go. He hummed softly, working on his sketch and not paying attention to who else might come in.

Lysander had spent part of his morning at the greenhouses, stacking up a wheelbarrow full of puffapods that he'd intended to plant in the Wild Patch. It had been tough work, trying to handle them in a way that stopped them all from exploding into a shower of flowers, and he'd been unsuccessful with a few. Wheeling it back on the uneven ground elicited a few more floral explosions from the ones that were jostled too hard, or fell off the barrow and onto the dirt. He left those behind, a trail of colour giving away the path he'd taken back to the gardens, and set the wheelbarrow by one of the soil plots. He noticed Casper hanging out in the patch, and gave him a wave in greeting. "What brings the King of Arts to my kingdom today?" He asked, precariously lifting one of the pods from the barrow to nest it in one of the holes he'd dug.​

Cas looked up when he heard a voice, smiling at Lysander shyly. "What can I say, I just wanted a feel for the outlying kingdom," He joked lightly. He slid down from his perch, walking over and holding out his sketchpad to show Lysander. "Do you need any help, your majesty?" He asked, looking to the flower pods Lysander had.

Lysander chuckled at Casper's comment. He hadn't been to the Conglomerated Arts room in...had it been years, now? He had to wonder how much it had changed since the club had started back up. They'd had terrifying magical mannequins the last time he'd visited, which may have attributed to him steering clear ever since. He slapped his hands on his shorts to brush off the dirt before taking a look at the sketch the other boy had done, and let out a low whistle. "'See why you're the art king, this is really good!" He complimented, impressed. Sander had never been much of a drawer. His drawings for care of magical creatures were a testament to that. Best he'd done artistically was glue together a ton of popsicles to make a shoddy fairy house for the garden. "If you don't mind getting your hands dirty. Have you handled puffapods before?" He asked, cautiously pushing dirt to cover the pod he'd planted with the toe of his shoe.​

Cas blushed at Lysanders comment. "Thanks. They did give me my crown for a reason, you know," He tried to joke, looking down as the other boy moved some dirt. "I haven't, actually, but I'm sure as the reigning royalty you won't have any problems commanding me about," Cas gave a dramatic bow, feeling a bit playful. His therapy sessions were helping, he thought.

Lysander let out a short laugh. "We give ours out for free." He said. The Wild Patch was practically known for the flower crowns they made. None of them beat his regal crown, however. "Don't you know it! Hope you can follow orders, you have to be super careful when handling these. Drop them or knock them too hard and it's all over. Poof, you've got a mess of flowers to clean up." He said, pointing a finger at the distant piles of flowers littering his path over from the greenhouses. "Don't get me wrong, flower explosions are fantastic, but they need to go off at the right time for dramatic effect." He explained. It would be fun to have a way to set these off, in place of confetti or streamers. It'd suit the wild patches vibe more to go with an organically magical alternative. "You draw, so your hands must be pretty steady, huh?" He asked. He passed over one of the pods for Casper to try his hand at replanting, teasingly moving his hand as if it were about to drop. "If you set one of these off, I will have to wheel out the guillotine."

Casper laughed lightly as Lysander said they handed out their crowns. "And here I thought you got your crown because you were cute," He teased, blushing just a touch as he realized what he said. He tried to play it off though, hoping Lysander wouldn't think he was weird or anything now. "These are certainly very artistic plants, I'll give you that," Cas looked to the plants, honestly wanting to knock one over just so he could draw what happened. "I wonder where you can get these," he mused, half to himself. He was thinking of them with paint involved when the other boy mentioned his hands. Cas looked up and smiled. "I paint, mostly, but yeah, I suppose they are," He laughed. He took the pod Lysander offered him, laughing again at the comment. "Well I'll have to be extra careful then," He winked playfully, moving a bit away. He studied the ground a moment before picking the spot he thought it would look best in and starting to gently replant it.

Lysander smiled broadly. Was Casper flirting? "That too." He laughed with a small blush of his cheeks. He turned a pod in his hand, not having really considered the plant, or any plant, to be artistic. Looking over the colourful mess they'd left behind, he supposed the other boy was right. It was almost like splashes of paint on a canvas. "I just kind of grabbed a bunch from the greenhouse." He shrugged. There were a lot more than he thought the Herbology class needed, and if he grew more he reasoned that he could replace any he took. Besides, he was sure he'd seen a flower shop in the mall that sold them. He nodded his head, opening his mouth in a small ah of understanding when Casper explained he usually painted. Painting, drawing, it was all the same to Lysander. There was definitely a reason he'd never gotten involved in the whole Conglomerated Arts thing. "Look at that, you're a natural." He commented on Casper's caution in planting the pod. He grabbed another to start on a new row, glad he had the help to speed the whole process along. It was slow work compared to most plants. "So what kind of things do you paint? Just sceneries?" He asked, wondering if he knew the spell that made pictures move or not.​

Casper hummed lightly as the boy told him he didn't know where to get the pods. He made a mental note to ask Professor Carter where he could buy these. He was almost sure if he asked his uncle then he could get some of these at home. He smiled as the boy said he was in a natural. "Thanks," he moved to get a new pod, continuing to gently plant the row.

Cas stepped back down, lowering the pod carefully into the ground. "Oh, my uncle says I make 'epic fantasy landscapes'," Cas quoted with a laugh. "It's got a mix of things, really, I'll do magic creatures like dragons and unicorns, or fantasy things like elves and dwarves. Generally I like to work with blues and purples. I can show you sometime if you want?" He asked, smiling at Lysander shyly, feeling a little guilty for saying so much.

Lysander compacted the dirt down with his hands while he listened. He wasn't sure what constituted an epic fantasy landscape, but it definitely sounded epic, and his imagination went wild with what they could have possibly looked like. "Ok, I love magical creatures. You definitely need to show me sometime. I tried to draw a Blast-ended Skrewt once. Let me tell you, it was not Conglomerated Arts material." Nor was it remotely anatomically correct. He'd taken some liberties by adding chainsaw hands. "I've been helping Professor Burleigh with some of the creatures in his class. No dragons, so far. The unicorns are actually like, super temperamental in person?" And weirdly sexist when they got older. He'd never noticed anytime he'd seen them at the sanctuary, but he wasn't a total fan of their attitude sometimes. "It'd be cool to hang up an epic, fantasy landscape painting of the wild patch here in our greenhouse, if you ever want to." Lysander suggested. There was a lot of decorating to be done. He'd liked what he'd seen of Casper's drawings so far. "Are blues and purp-AH!" He began to ask, cut-off mid-sentence when his dirt-packing became a bit too much for the puffapod, which exploded in his face with a shower of soil and flowers.​

-godmods approved-

Casper moved on to his next pod, burying it carefully as he listened to Lysander talk. He chuckled as the boy talked about his blast ended skrewt. He was a bit surprised as Lysander talked about helping one of the Professors. The boy really went all out, didn't he? Prefect, Quidditch captain, king of flowers, Professor's helper. Cas felt a bit outmatched, but tried not to show it.

He considered the boys words about an epic fantasy of the gardens, he could probably whip something like that up, he could give it to Lysander as a present later. Before Casper could consider it too hard, however, Lysander cried out and there was a muffled pop! Casper looked up, startled, and couldn't help but giggle at the sight of Lysander covered in flowers and dirt. "Oh my gosh," Casper scrambled for his sketchpad. "Don't you dare move," he ordered, sitting down cross-legged in front of Lysander quickly. His pencil flew, his eyes darting back and forth between the other boy and his drawing.

It only took Casper a few minutes to sketch out a rough draft that he could work on finishing without the reference of Lysander sitting in front of him. He chuckled, scooting closer and brushing dirt and flowers off of the boys shoulders and out of his hair. "You make quite the picture, your majesty," He teased, shifting to sit beside the boy and showing him the sketchpad.

It was then that he realized how close he had gotten to Lysander in all the chaos. Casper's cheeks flushed crimson, his heart raced, his breath caught. Why did the air suddenly feel different? Without thinking, Cas reached up and brushed a bit of dirt from Lysander's cheek. His eyes drifted to the boys lips.

Snapping back to himself, Casper fell back, landing hard on his rear. He cleared his throat and crawled a bit away, taking the sketchpad in hand again. "Sorry, your majesty," He smiled shyly, trying to recover. "You're left on your own to plant these. I have a moment to capture," He teased playfully, hoping it wasn't obvious how flustered he felt as he turned his attention back to the sketch, thinking he might be able to finish it. He summoned his bag over, pulling out several of his paints and laying them around him.

Lysander cursed under his breath, spitting out a mouthful of petals he'd managed to inhale in his surprise. He froze, startled, when Casper ordered him not to move. Hadn't he been the one in charge here? Maybe something had landed on him in the middle of the garden debris. A stray flobberworm? A fairy flying too close during the explosion? He avoided moving, not wanting to accidentally crush something, or somehow make his position worse. He let out a relaxed breath when it turned out that, no, Casper just wanted to draw him, and he had to bite back a laugh to stop himself from moving too much and ruining what he imagined had to be a comical pose.

Those few minutes felt like they'd stretched out over an eternity. Lysander could feel an itch on the tip of his nose that he desperately wanted to scratch, and one leg was falling asleep beneath him, but Casper seemed too invested in sketching out his picture, and Lysander didn't want to ruin it halfway through. It was a flattering thing. He'd never been drawn before. He let out a relieved sigh when it seemed like Casper had done enough, and he shook his head to help dislodge some of the petals that had tangled themselves in his hair, grateful for the help. "What can I say? I'm something of a muse." He laughed, leaning in to peer at the sketch. Shockingly, it wasn't bad, given that he'd just taken a face full of puffapod flowers. Less humiliating than he'd pictured, though he couldn't be sure it would stay that way when Casper detailed it. It was a strange thing, knowing that that rough sketch was him, from someone else's perspective.

It didn't immediately register that Casper was close enough for him to feel the warmth of his breath brush against his skin, too captivated as he was by the sketch. It was the touch at his cheek that tore his eyes away from the page, finally, and he looked up to meet the other boys gaze. Or he would have, if Casper's eyes hadn't been fixated elsewhere. He couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking. Or if he could find out. Well, he was learning to, wasn't he? Legilimens. The spell echoed in his head without him intending to think it, but without his wand, it remained within the confines of his own mind. He blinked, swallowing dryly. Casper falling back elicited a short laugh from him, and he shook his head. That had been enough of a distraction. "Man, here I was, really counting on your help." He joked. He dusted the dirt from his hands and got back to his puffapods, with a little more caution than he'd heeded before. "I guess you're off the hook. But I want to see this portrait exhibited in a gallery someday. A fancy one, like the, uh." He clicked his fingers, trying to think of the name. "The French one. You know. The Loofah?" That was...almost certainly wrong, and almost certainly the name for a shower sponge.​

Casper snorted lightly at Lysanders comment. "Um, no." He spared Lysander a half a smile. "The Louvre," Cas corrected. "A loofa is a poofy shower sponge." He rolled his eyes playfully. The time passed by quickly after that, Cas getting drawn into his work as Lysander continued planting. Honestly, Casper almost forgot the other boy was there. Cas finished the base sketch, before digging into his paints. It was a little messier out here than he intended, and he ended up with several colors smeared over his hands and cheek. If he'd thought about it, he'd know it was just from his habit of wiping his hand over his cheek when he was lost in his work.

Eventually, however, Cas finished his painting. It hadn't taken long, but then, sometimes when the muse struck he wouldn't stop until it was complete. Smiling, he held up the sketchpad to examine it. "Done!" He declared, moving to a table and setting it down. He pulled out his wand, drying the paint quickly. He turned to look at Lysander, smiling shyly. "Wanna see?" He asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back