Kris
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Chloë)
Open after Marijke posts with Chloë

As often as Sully could get bored so easily, he'd come to enjoy the easy familiarity that came with going to dances with his girlfriend. He never had to ask Chloë if she wanted to go, or worry about what to wear if he wanted to impress her. Though that still didn't mean Sully was completely content with them being some boring, perfect couple.

He'd towed Chloë out to the dance floor pretty early after arriving, eager for a chance to show off. "You know what this needs? A little style," he said with a grin, motioning to the decorations around them before drawing his wand. "Avis!" He said, ducking when he forgot about the loud sound the spell produced before looking up proudly to see the birds he'd conjured. He'd been practicing really hard on summoning pink birds, just for the occasion, though Sully frowned when he didn't immediately see the flock fluttering around their heads like he'd intended. "Oh. Oops," he said, glancing at Chloë when he spotted the small flock of flamingos now milling about them. "Well, at least they're pink."

Chloë had always been keen to attend the school's dances, still amazed by how wonderful the hall looked everytime even if she had seen it plenty of times before already. She was even more excited for them now that she got to go with Sully though, confident that they'd end up having a good time.

She chuckled when Sully towed her along to the dancefloor almost as soon as they had arrived. Her first thought had been that he was just excited to get dancing, but as he motioned to the decorations around them she realized he might have other intentions. "What are y-" Chloë looked at him in surprise when he pulled out his wand only to be cut off by Sully already casting the spell. The suprised look on her face quickly turned into one slightly more mortified at the implications casting the spell held. She closed her eyes for a couple of seconds in response to the loud sound the spell produced, a bit reluctant to open them up again. There didn't seem to be any sounds of chaos and she had the tiniest bit of hope that perhaps the spell hadn't worked. Chloë cautiously opened her eyes again only to see the spell didn't seem to have conjured any birds. At least not flying ones. She looked down when she felt something touch her leg, staring at the birds for a second before looking back up at her boyfriend. "I don't-, wha-" She started, scrunching her nose for a second as she tried to shake off her initial surprise. "Can you, like, explain your thoughts to me? Did you plan for this? Did I miss something?" She asked, unable to suppress a confused chuckle yet at the same time wondering if this would mean trouble and whether she should just make them disappear again pretty quickly.

Sully was barely managed to keep his composure as a flamingo nibbled his sleeve. It wasn't exactly the romantic atmosphere he'd been aiming for, but it was something to say the least. "It was going to go a lot differently in my head, honest," he said, unable to help a small giggle at the admission. "I was trying for pink birds though so. Success?" Sully offered, shooing away one of birds that looked like it might try going for a nibble on Chloë's hair. "It was gonna be like, romantic ambience and everything, birds," Sully tried to explain, waving a hand over his head but mostly succeeding in startling the flamingos, causing himself to finally lose it and start laughing.

Chloë still looked at Sully in a bit of disbelief that he had just casually conjured up a bunch of flamingo's in the middle of the dancefloor as he answered. "You actually planned this." She said more to herself than to him, still a little torn about the situation. She didn't think it was agaisnt the rules or anything but she knew they'd have to get rid of the birds sooner or later. Preferrably before they started stirring up trouble by annoying or pecking at other students. At the same time she couldn't help but to think the situation was getting funnier with the minute though, especially when Sully seemed to feel like he had somehow succeeded with whatever he had planned for. Chloë snorted at the last part of his explanation. "You thought birds would be.. romantic?" She laughed, unable to keep it in. She slightly shook her head when he started laughing himself after startling the birds, watching them scatter a bit more before looking back up at Sully. "Did your plan also happen to include, y'know, what to do with the birds after conjuring them?" She chuckled as she shooed away one that started pecking at her leg.

Sully just laughed, shrugging at Chloë's disbelief over his romantic gesture. Or attempted gesture. "Yeah, sure. You know like, song birds fluttering over head and stuff," he tried to explain, making a sort of useless flapping gesture over his head that most succeeded in making a nearby flamingo squawk at him.

The flamingos were definitely starting to cause an issue with some other nearby dancers on the dance floor and Sully could only look at Chloë blanking when she asked what he'd been planning to do with the birds now that they'd been conjured. "Hm. Well I'd kinda imagined they'd... Fly away. I guess." Sully could plan a prank or party like no one's business, but coming up with the clean up afterwards had never exactly been his forte. "I'm a big picture kinda guy," he said sheepishly, stepping forward to try and corral one of the flamingos who'd started wandering towards a snack table. "Maybe we could release them into the lake?"

Chloë tried her best to contain her laughter when Sully continued to explain why he had thought birds would be romantic. Song birds did make a lot more sense than flamingos though and she could understand what he had been going for. Kind of. Maybe not entirely. "I know you conjured them, but I don't think they like you very much." She laughed when one of the flamingos squawked at him. "I appreciate the idea though." She grinned, standing up on her tiptoes to give him a peck on the lips. "I mean not specifically the birds, but y'know, the gesture."

Even if she thought the whole situation was pretty funny Chloë didn't feel like she could just continue to stand around and laugh at it. Especially not when the birds started to cause some problems. Maybe if she hadn't gotten the prefect title she wouldn't have cared so much about the fact that there were flamingos on the loose on the dancefloor. In all honesty, she would've probably just died laughing. But she had become a prefect and that meant being more responsible, keeping out of trouble. At the same time she couldn't help but to wonder if it had made her sort of.. boring. If her friends thought she had become less fun. "Right, but then we'd have to get them there first." Chloë replied when Sully suggested releasing them into the lake, confident that probably wouldn't end well. "Maybe we should just.. make them vanish again?" She suggested in turn. It definitely wasn't the most fun option, but the birds had been conjured so perhaps making them vanish wouldn't be all too bad.

Lena was having a good time chatting with Kahurangi when she heard an unusual squawking noise from the dance floor. She quickly excused herself, wondering if it was just a few students acting up but quickly saw the pink birds roaming around. Lena tried not to laugh since she was a professor, but she had to bite her lips to hide the smirk on her face. Scolding wouldn't go well with a smile. "Would anyone like to tell me where these flamingos came from?" she asked a few students around, hoping one of them would admit but figured the easiest thing would be to send them off... unless anyone at the school desired to have a pet flamingo now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back