OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Evelyn Manning came from her new room at the Gryffindor tower. She needed to be gone there, because she went crazy about how few space she would have and with how many people she needed to share a room. Was there any space left to breath? And gosh she needed to get some fresh air, the smell in the castle was terrible so stuffy. Evelyn was wondering who will clean in there? She never had to clean her own room before. The only spot that nobody could touch were her clothes and personal belongings. There would she take care for herself. Her clothes were one of the most important things for Evelyn. Because she wanted to look fabulous everyday. In a few days she will need to wear her school uniform because of the classes that wil begin. But her goal was to create a fabulous look with her school uniform. But she needed to think it another time through, how she will manage that. When she will become famous people will look at every detail so she needed to practice with this. On her way downstairs Evelyn took her parfum out of her bag that she brought with her. She sprayed some into the air. That's better the blonde young girl thought.

When she was outside she sniffed the fresh air. She came at a place that looked like a Courtyard. A few students were standing or sitting and Evelyn looked at them. Some of their looks were disguisting and Evelyn really wanted to help the poor students with it. Maybe she will become the fashion idol of this school, that would be awesome. That people will go to her for advise. The blonde was already thinking about all of her dreams and wishes on Hogwarts. To think about that, will made her forget that she didn't get sorted into the same house as her brother. Evelyn walked over to a small bench that was free and first went with her finger over it to see if it was clean. It seemed pretty clean so she went sitting on it. And smoothed her skirt until it was fine. She could really use somebody that could replace her brothers company when he wasn't around.

Lucas had to admit that so far he was a big fan of Hogwarts, he was enjoying being in Gryffindor so far, his first night had introduced him to some interesting people, he had a feeling Zara would become a permanent fixture in the next seven years and who knows what kind of trouble he and Aaron could get up to. To say the school was big would be a big understatement and Lucas had so far found that exploring it would most likely take him most of the year perhaps even longer.

As much as he enjoyed the surroundings of the Gryffindor common room Lucas still wanted to get himself outside and enjoy the fresh air while he could before lessons started. He made his way out of the common room and down through the castle. He had already explored some of the higher floors surrounding his common but what he really wanted to do was get outside and explore more of the grounds. He made his way outside onto a courtyard, he looked around the space and his eye was caught by a flurry of blonde hair. He looked over and saw a girl he remembered from sorting as being sorted in Gryffindor so he decided to go over to her. "Hi there, you out here all alone?"

When she heard a voice she looked up to the way were she thought it was coming from. She saw a handsome young boy standing before her. His face looked familier from lessons perhaps. She was actually glad that somebody came to her to talk, because she really felt terrible about being alone. Evelyn was used to the fact that she got a lot of attention. Normally from her brother and father a lot. A short smile appeared on Evelyn her face.
'' Hi! Yes that's right. I wanted to enjoy the fresh air. Inside there is so much dust. '' Evelyn played with a blonde lock of hair and inspected the boy for a moment. She was wondering in which house he would be and how old he would be. With boys it was sometimes hard to see. With her brother for example, he was very tall for his age.'' What are you doing out here?'' she asked the boy.

It was quit nice weather today, the sun was shining and it was somewhere in the afternoon. The area outside had a beautiful view that most Evelyn admit. But she was really dissapointed by the interior inside. She expected more of the famous Hogwarts New Zealand. She spoke with her brother a few days ago and he wasn't such a perfectionist as Evelyn was. He was more satisfied with less luxury as Evelyn. But both of the Manning children knew which rights they had as a student. This boy made her remind her of her brother a bit, he was tall just like Espen was and she hoped that this boy could be a replacement for when her brother wasn't around. Evelyn was ready to get a mate or somebody were she could have fun with. Her roommates were only annoying, most of them. Evelyn could not laugh with them and she missed that.

It was a nice warm New Zealand day and Lucas couldn't think of a better way to spent it than outside with a pretty girl, and it hadn't taken him long to find one and she was a stunner. She was a fellow Gryffindor is he was not mistaken and certainly someone he looked forward to getting to know through the years. The girl mentioned that she was outside because she wanted fresh air and that she found the castle to be dusty inside, he nodded along while he listened to her. "It's an old building, its bound to be dusty in places, though you'd think magic would prevent that," He shrugged his shoulders, in his own experience he hadn't found the castle to be all that dusty but he wasn't as sensitive things.

When she asked him what he was doing out in the courtyard it struck him as a rather blunt question but he didn't dwell on it too much, he simply smiled. "Just wanting to see as much of this place as I can before classes start, inside and out and since its such a nice day it seemed like a waste to spend it exploring inside, so I'm out here instead,"

Evelyn enjoyed the sun. It was good to feel it on her skin, because it was healthy. And Evelyn liked everything that was good for her looks. In the future when she would have a real boyfriend maybe a lot of them, because ofcourse everybody wanted to be with her. That's wat Evelyn thought right now. Evelyn looked at the pretty boy that talked to her, he was handsome for sure. He had nice clothes, so Evelyn could not complain about anything. But Evelyn was not into boys right now, she was still eleven and liked the attention that she got but that was all it. 'What the boy said made her laugh and she showed her white teeth.
'' It's definitely old, but you have a point.'' Ofcourse all of the people in here could use magic, so why not for the dust. Evelyn was only grumpy when she thought about the bad things at Hogwarts like the ugly building. But she wanted to enjoy today and the sun made her happy so she listened to the answer from the boy. '' It is indeed a very lovely day, I like the sun it makes me happy.'' Evelyn smiled at the boy because she was happy right now. Happy that she spoke to somebody who seemed nice. '' I'm Evelyn, your a Gryffindor student right?'' She played with a strand of hair while she looked around the place.

One of the things Lucas loved the most about New Zealand was the sun, he loved sitting out in the sun when he was at home and while he was at school he would take every opportunity to do the same, perhaps even going as far to do his homework outside when the time came. As she picked up on his comment about the dusty castle he grinned at her, "Come to think of it I've not actually seen anyone or anything cleaning the castle, I just figured it was done by magic but maybe its not cleaned at all," He shrugged his shoulders, it was a good of explanation as any to explain why parts of the castle was dusty. Moving on from the dusty castle, the girl seemed to share his view of sunny days and he was glad to hear, too often he heard people complaining about the heat and how they couldn't concentrate on anything because of it. "I do like the sun, its so cheerful, makes everything seem full of possibilities," He was rambling but he didn't care, he was enjoying talking to the girl and he hoped that she was thinking the same. "Nice to meet you Evelyn, I'm Lucas and yes I am a fellow Gryffindor, you mind if I sit with you?" He asked smiling warmly at her.

Evelyn took a moment to close her eyes and feel the sun on her soft skin. The weather here was so precarious, she remembered the day that she had a flying lesson. They had to train but flying lesson was ofcourse outside and it had been raining all night. So when Evelyn moved into the grass her whole feet were covered with mud and that was a nightmare for Evelyn. But she had to join the lesson with reluctance.
Evelyn spoke to Zara recently in the Rosebushes and she had told her about the lake. Maybe it was a good idea to make homework and study outside when the weather would be good. All this time Evelyn made her homework inside in her bedroom or a other place were she could concentrate on her work. When the boy started to talk again Evelyn looked at him with her bright blue eyes. '' Now you mention it, gross! Maybe the house elves clean it when we all sleep? They are also in the kitchen I've heard.'' Evelyn joked and looked at the boy with a bright smile.

When the boy was rambling about the weather again Evelyn nodded at him, because she completly understood what he was saying. Evelyn saw him with Zara sometimes and she heard that they were good friends, it was nice to meet friends from Zara. And maybe there was a possibility that they could be friends as well, but Evelyn waited until the boy said his name. It was Lucas ofcourse! Zara mentioned it before in class, and she had recognized him in Charms and Defence Against the Dark arts, but she couldn't figure out first where she knew him from. Evelyn saw a lot of faces but only spoke to a few. She just saw and felt whenever she would like people or just not. The biggest thing that she hated from a person was disloyalty and whenever a person was fake.
'' Lucas! Oh yes I remember from classes, You're a friend of Zara right?'' It was a suprise that Evelyn didn't spoke somebody from Slytherin yet, except her brother ofcourse. When she was about to get sorted Evelyn wanted to be in Slytherin so badly, but right now she didn't knew why she would want that. I mean Styx would be her head of house, what a nightmare!! '' Ofcourse, I'd love too!'' The blonde put her bag that stood beside her and placed it on the ground.

Lucas thought on what Evelyn said to him about the house elves, it made sense. They did the cooking, Lucas was a big fan of their food, he made a mental note to drag Aaron on a kitchen raid at some point. "Yeah they do the cooking, I heard that if you go down to the kitchens they give you food, strictly speaking your not allowed but the house elves don't care they feed you anyway," He grinned at the thought, along with going to the forest that was one of the things he wanted to do early on at Hogwarts, with Zara being his forest buddy he would need to drag Aaron along for the kitchen raid.

He nodded along as Evelyn asked if he was a friend of Zara, he wasn't surprised that she knew Zara, she was like a social butterfly and was pretty sure President Zar knew every first year Gryffindor and was probably already branching out to the other houses, which is more than he could say for himself. "Yeah Zara's one of my best friends, in fact we're due to explore for the forest soon, but keep that quiet, the head girls already onto us," He laughed holding his finger up to his lips. At her approval he took his seat next to her, "I think I saw you at sorting, you have a brother right? The boy who was stood next to you?" He asked.

Evelyn was familliar with house elves, because they had one back in Sweden and also one in their new house. Evelyn was really scared of it when she was younger, because they are well not the most beautiful creatures. She never really spoke to the house elves, but what she knew was that her mother didn't treat them well. The house elf did a lot of cleaning and other stuff in their house, but one time Evelyn came from the stairs and she heard her mother screaming. She was certain that it was her mom, because she was the only other woman in their house. Evelyn heard her mother screaming towards the house elf nothing but insults, and that was kind of normal for her mother. When she was younger she didn't understood it very clear, but her mother was also mean towards her so she and the house elve weren't that different for her mother perhaps. It hurted Evelyn, did her mother didn't think highlier of her than a house elf? When Evelyn thought about it she wanted to know why her mother would act like this, maybe she would ask one time. But she wasn't sure if her mother would tell it, she and her mother didn't have a normal conversation in many years. The blonde looked at Lucas when he spoke about the cooking and house elves. '' I've heard that too, I think you can bribe the house elves easily, but maybe that isn't even necessary as you say. I would like to check it out one time, maybe we can go together?'' Evelyn just asked directly with a smile because that was how she was, just right to the point. She would definitly want to check out the kitchens, because she liked some adventure and well there wasn't anything else more excited at the moment so.

When Lucas nodded, Evelyn heard him out about his relationship with Zara. It was nice to hear that Zara was one of his best friends, it didn't suprise her because Zara was just very social. Evelyn was totally different as Zara. Evelyn was more direct and sometimes a bit hard because she was very honest and Evelyn didn't liked everyone she just wanted to be friends with people that had a personality with confidence or people were she had things with in common like Amber that also liked fashion just as Evelyn. '' Very sweet how you talk about it. I really like Zara too, she is the first friend i've ever made.'' Evelyn wasn't really suprised by how open she was to Lucas because she was a very open and honest person. But the fact that she never had made a friend was a insecure thing of Evelyn and she just said it out loud. A bit blush appeared on Evelyn her face and she smiled at Lucas. '' I'm quiet that head girl is nothing to me, so I'll keep your secret. The forest seems pretty scary and dark and full of spiders.'' Evelyn got a shiver when she talked about spiders. She just hated them so much, sometimes she had a nightmare about them and then she waked up screaming. Well her roommates were all awake and at that moment nobody liked Evelyn and Evelyn could understand, when she didn't had her beauty sleep she would be very grumpy all day. Than Lucas began about her brother and Evelyn smiled, he really noticed her and Evelyn liked that. '' That's right my twin brother Espen is in Slytherin.'' Evelyn was wondering how it went with her brother right now she didn't saw him in a long time, just were she was afraid of.

The topic of house elves seemed to interest Evelyn, if he was honest the only thing Lucas was interested in about house elves was finding out if they really did give out food to anyone who made it to the kitchens. That was defientetly something he wanted to investigate for himself, he hoped that Evelyn would accompany him on such a mission. He had just met the girl but he had a feeling the two of them were going to be good friends. Maybe not quite partner in crime material, he had Aaron for that after all and Zara was a very good deputy. "Yeah that sounds like fun, I'd love for us to check it out some time, we shouldn't need to bride them, apparently they're so happy to see people they force feed you pumpkin juice and cookies,"

Lucas grinned and nodded while Evelyn talked about Zara, they were both in agreement that they loved her. She was clearly very social because a lot of the first years he talked to knew who she was, some more than others, but she was very good company and Lucas considered himself lucky to consider her one his best friends. "Yeah, strictly speaking she was the first friend I made here too, I mean, I met Aaron before school started so Zara is the first friend I made in the castle, am I making sense," He asked, Lucas was usually great at talking, and making sense but there was something about Evelyn that seemed to make him nervous.

Evelyn hoped that Lucas would not think strange for just an open inventation to the kitchens. It surpised her that she asked him, because the kitchens weren't exactly a legal place for students. But maybe the blonde was ready for some adventure. When Lucas accepted her offer she was happy, it was nice that a person that she only saw a few times, but now spoke to wanted to go with her. '' Cool! I hope that is true, I'm so hungry right now.'' She chuckled. When she looked into Lucas eyes she saw something nice, his eyes were smiling to her and it was nice to look in them. Lucas was the first boy with who she actually spoke here on Hogwarts, next to her brother ofcourse. Evelyn liked to be near boys, she liked the attention from them and when they would would say nice stuff to her her day would be awesome. Today was such a day, Lucas seemed like a nice boy and he was friends with Zara so they had the same friends.

The other Gryffindor mentioned that Zara was also his first friend but he also had a friend named Aaron. '' A how nice to meet somebody before school. Were did you meet Aaron? I was lucky with Espen, first I was angry and sad for not being in Slytherin just as he, but now I'm so glad I'm not! I mean gross.. Styx as head of house is a nightmare.'' Evelyn got the chills from that man. She knew that Zara called him Crazy eyes or something and that always made her laugh.
'' I'm very happy with Zara as my friend. Have you made more friends yet?'' The blonde looked around the Courtyard but she didn't saw students that she recognized. Maybe she needed to work harder on her goal to get popular at here..

Lucas smiled broadly when Evelyn mentioned that she was hungry, he had thought about taking her down to the kitchens at another point but if his new friend was hungry right now then maybe they should make tracks to the kitchen and see if they could grab an early lunch. "Hey if you're hungry we can head down, call it an early lunch," He grinned and winked at her. Lucas wasn't especially hungry given he hadn't long had breakfast, but he was sure he could handle a few snacks, or whatever the house elves were giving out that morning. "If you're not busy," He added wondering if the girl had any plans for the rest of her day.

When Evelyn turned the conversation to their friends and where he met Aaron he smiled as he remembered the day in the bookshop. "I was at Obsidian harbour in the book shop and well, there was some arguing and snide comments, Aaron was just sort of sat back watching the chaos so we started talking, as luck would have it we both ended up in Gryffindor," He smiled, he hadn't really thought about how lucky he'd been that the boy would become his best friend ended up in the same house as him. "Yeah Styx and I didn't get off to a good start, I shudder to think what having him as my head of house would be like," Styx didn't seem like the kind of person you wanted to be in charge of you, but Lucas didn't really have much face time with his actual head of house either. "Yeah Zara's great, actually no between Zara, Aaron and well...you,"

Evelyn was re-thinking about saying she was hungry. Maybe that wasn't really charming.. But than again she was really hungry she didn't join breakfast today she over slept and well yeah Evelyn didn't want to show herself when she wasn't dressed perfectly and when her make-up and hair wasn't just how she wanted it to be. So she just skipped it and this was a good way of getting some food, because she felt a bit dizzy and she didn't want people to think that she didn't ate anything. She was confident about how she looked so she didn't felt fat or anything. When Lucas invited her right now for a trip to the kitchens a smile appeared on her face. He was also direct with this inventation and that was something she could appreciate from him. She liked it when people were just saying what they wanted or thought. When he asked if she was busy Evelyn felt the need to impress him all of sudden. '' Well.. yeah. A lot of people wanted to speak with me, but I can make time for you... I'm curious what we find there so I think it is a good plan. But I hope we don't get caught..'' Evelyn wasn't really a girl that took many risks she wanted to try to be a perfect student. But the most important thing was to become popular and she had many idea's of how she could accomplish that. She wanted to try it positively to score good grades and become the darling from the Professors, except Styx ofcourse! But also to get people to know her better, so that they would know who Evelyn Manning was, but she had also a plan B to do some tricky stuff and she heard that Lucas and his friend Aaron were the perfect partners for that. But that was maybe something for in the future. '' How nice, that is so accidentally like it was ment to be! That you would meet with eachother.'' The blonde smiled at him while toss her hair back.

Styx wasn't really a favorite by the Gryffindor students she already noticed that. She was wondering what her brother and his friends would think of him. It wasn't like she saw Kingsley a lot and what she heard was not really nice, she seemed like a strict woman. So maybe Evelyn needed to get her attention one time, so that she would know who Evelyn Manning was. '' Me neither, I said something about his ugly hair and well.. he could not laugh about it. But I don't hear many good things about Kingsley too she seems very strict..'' She felt a bit special that she was the third person that Lucas met. She met only a few people too, but she wanted to impress Lucas by doing just if she was busy with all of the people that wanted to speak with her. But in reality that wasn't really how it was going right now. She knew: Amber, Aaron, Zara, Lizzie, Espen and now Lucas also.

When Evelyn mentioned that there was a lot of people that wanted to speak to him he smiled at her, of course she was popular. It came as no surprise to him that she was in such high demand, and the last thing he wanted was for her to drop everything for someone she had just met. He did, but he didn't, he couldn't ask her to do that. Not that early in their friendship anyway. "Oh no that's ok, you should go and see the other people that want to speak to you, I'll be around don't worry, you won't be getting rid of me anytime soon," He beamed at her, trying to ignore how clingy his comment might sound.

Lucas was happy to hear that Evelyn shared his opinion on Styx, he was yet to meet anyone who liked the man, even the students in his own house were funny about him or outright scared of him. Lucas wouldn't say he was scared of him, but after having points deducted by him in his first lesson with him, they certainly weren't on the best of terms. "You said that? To his face? And you're still alive? That's amazing," He laughed. Lucas couldn't imagine such comments would go down well with him. "Yeah Professor Kingsley is strict, but she isn't mean for the sake of being mean, that's the difference between her and Styx,"

The blonde was curious how Lucas would react on her saying that she was popular with others too. If she was honest it could get better, she already met lots of people but she could do more. Maybe she needed to organize more for her friends. She could do a lot she had her father beside her that helped her with well financial stuff. But when Lucas reacted that she should go to the others, it wasn't really what she ment. So far she enjoyed the company of Lucas, but when her finished his sentence with that she won't be getting rid of him soon a smile appeared on her face. '' Yes I really should do that, I cannot let them wait for my presence any longer. And I'm very glad to hear that.'' Evelyn kept smiling to Lucas next to her.

When Lucas mentioned Styx again she was glad to hear that he thought the same about Styx. Zara also had a nickname for their Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher, but the blonde didn't knew if she dared to speak that out loud to the man. Evelyn was a honest girl but she knew she had to keep her mouth shut to Styx with some things, if she didn't wanted to make him mad. Evelyn had the feeling that she needed to impress Lucas so she could choose to lie about this story with Styx but she was just not that person. She always learned from her dad to be honest and Evelyn expected that also from others, so she choose to tell the real story. '' Well, not directly. With the first lesson you could ask something and I asked if his hair looked like that because of a spell that did that. But he didn't really gave an answer, perhaps I hit a sensitive string.'' The blonde didn't had many conversations yet with Kingsley and that was a good sign perhaps, because when you were in trouble you really needed to see Kingsley. But Evelyn did want to speak to her sometime, because she wanted to impress her. Lucas made a point there was a big difference between Styx and Kingsley, she just had the feeling that Styx loved to be mean to others for his own pleasure. '' So.. I guess I need to go. It is pretty late already and just as I said there are people waiting. One of them my brother so. '' Evelyn stood up from the bench in the Courtyard and took her bag with her that was lying on the ground. She turned her face in Lucas his direction and gave him a smile. '' It was nice meeting you Lucas. I will see you again, pretty soon I hope!'' After Lucas responded she walked away to go inside of the Castle were she was searching for her brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back